JPP Debate Tournament Interest List (looking for judges, participants, etc)

Rana will call you on your bullshit and will swap insults all day long if that is what you want. That does not mean she cannot be impartial.

she is not impartial at all. do you remember her decrying the treatment poet got because people supposedly ganged up on him and insulted him...yet...when anyone she doesn't like gets the exact same treatment, she thanks those posts.

imo, she cannot be impartial in judging a competition.

she is not impartial at all. do you remember her decrying the treatment poet got because people supposedly ganged up on him and insulted him...yet...when anyone she doesn't like gets the exact same treatment, she thanks those posts.

imo, she cannot be impartial in judging a competition.

Are you signed up to debate? Oddly, the people who have been here the longest think Rana will be impartial. You don't.

Who would you suggest as an impartial judge?

Are you signed up to debate? Oddly, the people who have been here the longest think Rana will be impartial. You don't.

Who would you suggest as an impartial judge?

yes i have signed up. i don't care what others think, i gave my opinion as did you. longest members doesn't add any weight to your opinion, in fact, it weakens your opinion as i could simply chalk it up to being buddy buddy.

mott, damo, you, evince (yeah, that choice won't win me kudos from anyone, but she can be straight up when necessary), cawacko....

seems as if you and mott are a given for the competition, i agree with grind that i would like damo to debate, so what about cawacko if he is willing?

I kinda doubt anyone would see you as impartial.
No.....I'd have to agree with him. LOL

Be that as it may. Impartiality is only part of being a good debate judge. One has to have a good understanding of reason, logic, rhetoric, etc, etc. That and they gotta show up and do the work. It only takes one judge who is not commited to doing the job to screw up the contest, like Annie did last year.

No.....I'd have to agree with him. LOL

Be that as it may. Impartiality is only part of being a good debate judge. One has to have a good understanding of reason, logic, rhetoric, etc, etc. That and they gotta show up and do the work. It only takes one judge who is not commited to doing the job to screw up the contest, like Annie did last year.

Congrats... you just disqualified yourself

This going to turn into another debacle like the last one. It had a few rounds of good debating and then it all fell apart into childish squabbling.

This is going to do the same or end up like one of those rounds of Werewolf where the fighting goes on longer than the game.

On second though, I don't have the time or the patience for it.

Let it be Mott, Rana, and Damo (or whomever)

This going to turn into another debacle like the last one. It had a few rounds of good debating and then it all fell apart into childish squabbling.

This is going to do the same or end up like one of those rounds of Werewolf where the fighting goes on longer than the game.

Please, you'd be a good judge. Just ignore everyone who hasn't powdered their buttholes. It's what I do.

Actually the first debate there wasn't a whole lot of squabling and back biting. The two major problems we had with the first debate was that several posters who committed to participate did not show up when it was their turn and then several of the judges dissapeared on us, one for over a week and the other permanently.

Most of the squabling and controversy occurred after the individual debates had been scored.

Actually the first debate there wasn't a whole lot of squabling and back biting. The two major problems we had with the first debate was that several posters who committed to participate did not show up when it was their turn and then several of the judges dissapeared on us, one for over a week and the other permanently.

Most of the squabling and controversy occurred after the individual debates had been scored.

Back