June 19th today, Juneteenth Day

They should have done something years ago. All those African kings who rounded up thousands of prisoners from other tribes, sold them to Muslim slave traders who transported and put them on ships bound for Europe where they were transported and sold all over the world never should have happened.

BTW, one of the very first slave owners in America was Anthony Johnson, a black man.

BTW 2, Heels Up Harris is the direct descendent of a slave owner. Perhaps she should resign her position in shame.
Check out

Marie Thérèse Coincoin

In the 1800 's until the mid 1900's in the south , since then the Republican party became the white xtian party, Notice who the Black community supports
I notice quite a few polls showing the arrow is shifting back

which is good for Black Americans. They clearly have not benefited from their allegiance to a single party

I notice quite a few polls showing the arrow is shifting back

which is good for Black Americans. They clearly have not benefited from their allegiance to a single party
I suppose it’s fitting for this board that Juneteenth means little more than discussing how black people vote and partisan b*tching.

But to your point I would certainly want both parties fighting for my vote rather than one largely taking it for granted and the other largely not giving a sh*t.

Really? waves left to escape the jim crow souf'

The migration of African Americans out of the South continued into the twentieth century and greatly increased during the time of both World Wars. An estimated six million Black people moved throughout the United States from the 1910s to the 1970s.

'
Remind me which was the party of Jim Crow

Can’t see too many on the right celebrating, it took them a hundred years to get over slavery being abolished, and they are still less than two decades removed from America actually electing a Black American President, twice, and by large majorities

The later going a long way in explaining why many of them are so bitter and insecure in today’s America
Its a great holiday, I was surprised how many have the day off.

Our Courthouse is closed.

They should have done something years ago. All those African kings who rounded up thousands of prisoners from other tribes, sold them to Muslim slave traders who transported and put them on ships bound for Europe where they were transported and sold all over the world never should have happened.

BTW, one of the very first slave owners in America was Anthony Johnson, a black man.

BTW 2, Heels Up Harris is the direct descendent of a slave owner. Perhaps she should resign her position in shame.
The ships were mostly English owned, and the Slaves were almost exclusively sold in the colonies/States.

The ships were mostly English owned, and the Slaves were almost exclusively sold in the colonies/States.

Educate yourself between phone calls

"The Portuguese, in the 16th century, were the first to transport slaves across the Atlantic. In 1526, they completed the first transatlantic slave voyage to Brazil, and other Europeans soon followed."
The major Atlantic slave trading nations, in order of trade volume, were Portugal, Britain, Spain, France, the Netherlands, the United States, and Denmark.

I suppose it’s fitting for this board that Juneteenth means little more than discussing how black people vote and partisan b*tching.

But to your point I would certainly want both parties fighting for my vote rather than one largely taking it for granted and the other largely not giving a sh*t.l
Id much rather have people not give a sh*t about me and leave me alone than to pretend they do and make my life more miserable. Frederick Douglass said,

"The American people have always been anxious to know what they shall do with us.…Everybody has asked the question, and they learned to ask it early of the abolitionists,“What shall we do with the Negro?” I have had but one answer from the beginning. Do nothing with us! Your doing with us has already played the mischief with us. Do nothing with us! If the apples will not remain on the tree of their own strength, if they are worm-eaten at the core, if they are early ripe and disposed to fall, let them fall! I am not for tying or fastening them on the tree in any way, except by nature’s plan, and if they will not stay there, let them fall. And if the Negro cannot stand on his own legs, let him
fall also. All I ask is, give him a chance to stand on his own legs! Let him alone! If you see him on his way to school, let him alone, don’t disturb him! If you see him going to the dinner-table at a hotel, let him go! If you see him going to the ballot-box, let him alone, don’t disturb him!"

But to your point I would certainly want both parties fighting for my vote rather than one largely taking it for granted and the other largely not giving a sh*t.
BINGO

I did not say the English were the first. I said the ships were mostly owned by them.

Are you able to read?

So how did you personally celebrate?
I enjoyed a relaxing morning with coffee in bed, then I took a walk in the neighborhood, went home dressed for work and got a lot done. Generally the say way I celebrate other national holidays. Same for Presidents day for example.

I spent todays meditation considering the way it must have been for those individuals to be informed of their freedom, and how that started the struggle for equal treatment under the law.

You?

Back