June 19th today, Juneteenth Day

The Juneteenth flag is full of symbols. Here’s what they mean​

CNN —
On this holiday you might see another red, white and blue flag flying over state capitols and city buildings.

That banner with a bursting star in the middle is the Juneteenth Flag, a symbolic representation of the end of slavery in the United States.

The flag is the brainchild of activist Ben Haith, founder of the National Juneteenth Celebration Foundation (NJCF). Haith created the flag in 1997 with the help of collaborators, and Boston-based illustrator Lisa Jeanne Graf brought their vision to life.

The flag was revised in 2000 into the version we know today, according to the National Juneteenth Observation Foundation. Seven years later, the date “June 19, 1865” was added, commemorating the day that Union Army Maj. Gen. Gordon Granger rode into Galveston, Texas, and told enslaved African Americans of their emancipation.

For more than two decades, communities around the country have held flag-raising ceremonies on Juneteenth in celebration of their freedom.

“This country has so many aspects to it that are spiritual, and I believe this flag is of that nature,” Haith said. “It (the idea for the design) just came through me.”

Designing the flag and its symbols was a deliberate process, Haith said. Here’s what each element of the flag represents.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/17/us/juneteenth-flag-meaning-explainer-cec/index.html

1718826157593.png

Before a few short years ago, there weren't too many on the left celebrating either. In fact, there STILL aren't too many on the left celebrating.

It was the Republican Party who abolished slavery, dude... In fact, that's the primary purpose as to why the party was formed in the first place. The Demonkkkrat Party fought to keep slavery, and still fights for it to this very day.

He was elected due to Demonkkkrat racism and people who otherwise "thought it would be cool to do".

Projection. This is a leftist issue.
"It was the Republican Party who abolished slavery, dude.." Aren't you just a little off your rocker, consisdering that this happen 160 years ago.

In the !960s the South switched to the Republican party because the GOP became more tolerant of the southerner's racist view.

"It was the Republican Party who abolished slavery, dude.." Aren't you just a little off your rocker, consisdering that this happen 160 years ago.

In the !960s the South switched to the Republican party because the GOP became more tolerant of the southerner's racist view.
The 'Big Switch' never happened. Stop quoting made up shit.

I enjoyed a relaxing morning with coffee in bed, then I took a walk in the neighborhood, went home dressed for work and got a lot done. Generally the say way I celebrate other national holidays. Same for Presidents day for example.

I spent todays meditation considering the way it must have been for those individuals to be informed of their freedom, and how that started the struggle for equal treatment under the law.

You?
So you did nothing out of the ordinary.

I had my grandkids over and we sacrificed a watermelon. My grandson really loves watermelon. My granddaughter likes them but not as much as he does. I'm having fried chicken tonight. I didn't work today but I'm retired. I could not find a golf partner for today so maybe I'll go Friday. I did a couple hours of CME I have to finish my virtual convention by June 28th and I still have 8hrs to go I enjoy the CMEs though. I like keeping current..

Oh geez. Your trying to channel your inner Biden at Morehouse?

To me that’s such a simplistic view of the country and race. Partisanship is a poison
Oh geez. Your trying to channel your inner Biden at Morehouse?

To me that’s such a simplistic view of the country and race. Partisanship is a poison
I guess you didn’t notice the “many,” not “all,” or “the right,” rather, “many” as the deliberate adjective

It isn’t coincidental that anger and outrage emerged and sold in the right wing media when Obama was elected

It was the Republican Party who abolished slavery, dude... In fact, that's the primary purpose as to why the party was formed in the first place. The Demonkkkrat Party fought to keep slavery, and still fights for it to this very day.

He was elected due to Demonkkkrat racism and people who otherwise "thought it would be cool to do".
Appears this one ^ doesn’t process nor understand American History, ah, didn’t specify political party, rather “the right,” and in 1866, Republicans didn’t lean right, or did you think they were called the Radical Republicans because they were conservative

And Obama getting elected cause “people thought it would be cool” has to be a classic

So you did nothing out of the ordinary.

I had my grandkids over and we sacrificed a watermelon. My grandson really loves watermelon. My granddaughter likes them but not as much as he does. I'm having fried chicken tonight. I didn't work today but I'm retired. I could not find a golf partner for today so maybe I'll go Friday. I did a couple hours of CME I have to finish my virtual convention by June 28th and I still have 8hrs to go I enjoy the CMEs though. I like keeping current..
Sounds like you had a nice holiday.

They should have done something years ago. All those African kings who rounded up thousands of prisoners from other tribes, sold them to Muslim slave traders who transported and put them on ships bound for Europe where they were transported and sold all over the world never should have happened.

BTW, one of the very first slave owners in America was Anthony Johnson, a black man.

BTW 2, Heels Up Harris is the direct descendent of a slave owner. Perhaps she should resign her position in shame.
Thanks for proving my point

Back