Koch study: medicare for all saves money

Hello evince,

I would gladly pay higher taxes in exchange for no health care premiums; so I could pocket the net savings.

No you wouldn’t.

Because if you really believed that, all of you liberals would band together and buy insurance for one needy family under the assumption it would save you money

Particularly since the function an insurance company serves is purely administrative. They have nothing to do with health care delivery; all they do is restrict access to it.

... and take a cut off the top. For profit health insurance is illegal in civilized nations. It's outlawed. But america is about predation and extraction and we are all commodities and fuel for the system.

No you wouldn’t. Because if you really believed that, all of you liberals would band together and buy insurance for one needy family under the assumption it would save you money

Obviously, you don't understand the concept of health insurance.

Notice how you leave out OOPE like deductibles, drug costs, copays, and coinsurance. So it's not a comparison between the Medicare Tax and the premium, it's a comparison of the Medicare tax vs. the premium + OOPE. Secondly, the Medicare tax is currently 1.45%. Doubling it to 2.9% on the median HH income of $59,000 results in a cost of $1,711.

Who told you that doubling the Medicare "Tax" and the premium" will cover the costs?

What about people who don't work and don't pay for Medicare Part B?

You claimed that Medicare for All won't affect Medicare. Is that an accurate statement?

if healthcare facilities can count on being paid they can deliver better care

No need for a collections office huh

No need to pay people who talk to the insurers

... and take a cut off the top. For profit health insurance is illegal in civilized nations. It's outlawed. But america is about predation and extraction and we are all commodities and fuel for the system.

Absolutely. And I'd also add that there's no material benefit to your health to have a private company administer reimbursement to your doctor.

No you wouldn’t.

Because if you really believed that, all of you liberals would band together and buy insurance for one needy family under the assumption it would save you money

That would be one family that wouldn't be among the tens of thousands that die every year in america because of a lack of healthcare so that we can militarily occupy the planet and subsidize our aristocracy.

Who told you that doubling the Medicare "Tax" and the premium" will cover the costs?

No one, because I never said that.

What I said was that instead of paying your $3,500 premium + OOPE capped at $6,350 for individuals and twice that for families, you instead pay a flat 2.9% of your income and don't have to pay any premiums or OOPE.

ou claimed that Medicare for All won't affect Medicare. Is that an accurate statement?

It won't affect Medicare other than expanding it to more people and covering more procedures, treatments, and drugs.

All this is in the draft legislation I linked to, what's your excuse for not reading it?

anyone who says universal healthcare would cost more has no idea how commerce works

Insurance profits are immediately cut out of the costs we have now

there is no reason for it to cost more

if healthcare facilities can count on being paid they can deliver better care

No need for a collections office huh

No need to pay people who talk to the insurers

A single payer plan is universal and the draft legislation from Sanders eliminates Medicare supplemental plans.

So Medicare is affected. What about co-pays? The annual Part B deductible? What about the Part A coverage limit? Do you know?

Back