Legalize Marijuana to pay for the "Public Option".

Yeah, you can tell because everybody grows their own Tobacco.

This assumes many things that are inconvenient to that argument. People are lazy, and regular smokers more so than many. It is far easier to hit the store and buy some MJ candy (so you don't bother the neighbors with the smell) or a bag and a vapor pipe (another way not to bother the neighbors), or you can go to the restaurant that laces the food with it...

There are many, many ways of ingesting this stuff. It's silly to assume that people wouldn't sell the products or that the generally lazy population will be growing MJ plants in their windows...

It's cheaper and you don't have to pay sales tax if you grow an herb garden in your windowsill, yet there are shelves of herbs that are easily grown at the grocery store. It's cheaper and you don't have to pay sales tax to grow your own vegetables, etc. People don't want to do this stuff, and the product that they can buy is usually of far greater quality than they can produce on their own.

Growing tobacco is much more difficult.

I knew a guy who had a fenced in area, right out side his bedroom window, and he just threw some seeds out there, watered them every other day, and used to just keep the top cut, so it wouldn.t grow taller then the fence.

Started a new one every spring and had enough to last him all winter.

The only dope on this thread is you for making ridiculous statements without all the facts.

The fact is that if you tried to grow MJ on a "windowsill" with "a pot of dirt" you wouldn't get enough MJ to keep you happy for a month. Unless your "pot of dirt" was a 5 gallon bucket, which might kinda stick out on anyone's windowsill, you wouldn't be able to generate a big enough root system to get a plant big enough to produce any meaningful quantities.

You're full of shit.
The big thing back in the 70's were hydrophonic kits, where you could grow plants without any soil.

I simply do not think people would use it in moderation, just like . Though it is not a bad idea to use marijuana to help the economy, it would be hard to believe that it could solve the problem.

Again, Good for the brain?
Marijuana and alcohol are nothing alike. And contrary to conservative "Reefer Madness" ideology Marijuana does not cause brain damage mental illness or cancer.Matter of fact in Oregon it is used to treat mental illness.

I honestly can't see how America can sustain current tax levels without either doing something drastic, like eliminating nearly all defense spending, or waiting for an income boom to bring tax levels way up naturally like in the 90's. I don't think either is going to happen for a long time. We have the choice to either raise taxes by 500 billion A YEAR by 2015, or face people losing confidence in the stability of our country.

Marijuana and alcohol are nothing alike. And contrary to conservative "Reefer Madness" ideology Marijuana does not cause brain damage mental illness or cancer.Matter of fact in Oregon it is used to treat mental illness.

I do not know the exact details and will not try to claim I do, but I am fairly certain it has been proven that consistant THC in the brain cells cause memory issues and depression...

They might as well legalize drugs, that way we can all be stoned when this Guberment reams us with no vaseline..

George Soros is loving this one..pass the joint man.

They might as well legalize drugs, that way we can all be stoned when this Guberment reams us with no vaseline..

George Soros is loving this one..pass the joint man.

Maybe you should try it. Chill with your bong and stem the tide of all those angry, poisonous rants you shower the forum with daily. :pke:

bong.jpg

Ditto, also no...It does have an effect on your brain; the sheer fact of that it makes you HIGH proves this.

I can name two dozen legal medications that have an "effect on your brain", but we still allow them to be dispensed.

My older brother smokes MJ regularly, is in his 60's, has a PHD in Geology and shows no signs of mental impairment whatsoever.

I think a lot of the "concerns" are just more attempts at scaring people into quitting. Remember in the 30's how Doctors were sure smoking MJ made you CRAZY?

I say legalize pot then tax the shit out it and it's users just like they do to people who smoke cigarettes..that would only be fair..:good4u:

I can name two dozen legal medications that have an "effect on your brain", but we still allow them to be dispensed.

My older brother smokes MJ regularly, is in his 60's, has a PHD in Geology and shows no signs of mental impairment whatsoever.

I think a lot of the "concerns" are just more attempts at scaring people into quitting. Remember in the 30's how Doctors were sure smoking MJ made you CRAZY?

Hm, you are right about the medications, it is amazing what the side effects are of some...but the thing about your brother...now that my friend is the funniest thing I have read on this board has of yet :lol:

I say legalize pot then tax the shit out it and it's users just like they do to people who smoke cigarettes..that would only be fair..:good4u:

Yes if it is legalized it should have very heavy taxes, and the taxes on alcohol and tobacco should be raised as well.

Back