Legalize Marijuana to pay for the "Public Option".

I honestly can't see how America can sustain current tax levels without either doing something drastic, like eliminating nearly all defense spending, or waiting for an income boom to bring tax levels way up naturally like in the 90's. I don't think either is going to happen for a long time. We have the choice to either raise taxes by 500 billion A YEAR by 2015, or face people losing confidence in the stability of our country.

Id have no problem with eliminating the military And taking down that stupid fence between the U.S. and Mexico.

I'd almost be willing to make this trade, except it would be trading a personal freedom for direct government intervention in the most private of circumstances. I'd prefer to fight the one and promote the other.

Legalize it, and hopefully that will be the first step. It is stupid to harden drug users into violent criminals by sending them to our "prison system" which long ago became the Criminal University System solely for the satisfaction of saying you "fought" the "War on Drugs" valiantly and with ruthless ignorance of the result.

I'd almost be willing to make this trade, except it would be trading a personal freedom for direct government intervention in the most private of circumstances. I'd prefer to fight the one and promote the other.

Legalize it, and hopefully that will be the first step. It is stupid to harden drug users into violent criminals by sending them to our "prison system" which long ago became the Criminal University System solely for the satisfaction of saying you "fought" the "War on Drugs" valiantly and with ruthless ignorance of the result.

I agree 100%, but its mainly republicans continuing the fight of the war on marijuana.

No different than tomatoes, and no commercial farm can beat a backyard tomato.
Yet you believe that only commercial farms can produce tobacco...

:rolleyes:

First, tomatoes are a good example. People could grow them, and easily in pots on their porch or balcony even in apartments, yet they do not. They'd rather go to the store and in places like Arvada, CO pay tax on them than put forth the energy to grow them.

People are lazy, pot smokers even more so. The only reason those lazy freaks grow anything now is because it is often the only way that they can get the stuff without exposing themselves through dealers.

And lastly, you attempt to say that tobacco is so much more difficult to grow than any other plant, however you say this in ignorance.

http://www.tobaccoseed.ca/
http://www.coffinails.com/growing.html
http://www.virtualseeds.com/tobacco-main.html

(and I could go on and on... there's a TON of sites helping you grow this stuff).

Tobacco is a very good example of what legalized pot would be like.

AHHHHHHH; the Buffalo Bitch is yet another one that feels it's OK to ignore laws you don't agree with.

:good4u:

Yet Bush and Blair felt able to completely ignore international law to initiate GW II.

"To initiate a war of aggression… is not only an international crime; it is the supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole".

Robert Jackson, U.S. representative at the Nuremberg trials

Yet you believe that only commercial farms can produce tobacco......
Actually, tobacco is grown by local farmers in relatively small plots, and in very limited parts of the country.

map.gif

You're right about folks being lazy, but the tax on store bought tomatoes is 2% at most, while here we're talking about 100 to 500%. Folks will avoid paying that, even lazy dopers.

The democrats are looking for funding the Public option.It only make sence to legalize marijuana tax it and use those Taxes to pay for public health care.
We who are below the federal poverty level needs the Public Option.For many its a matter of life and death.

While I agree that MJ should be legalized and taxed in a fashion similar to alcohol, I don't think the money raised would be enough to cover those in need of health care. It is a good start, but we must get the idiots in DC to find ways to reduce COSTS of health care first. Otherwise, it matters not whether the individual pays for health care via their employer, their government or directly.

Actually, tobacco is grown by local farmers in relatively small plots, and in very limited parts of the country.

map.gif

You're right about folks being lazy, but the tax on store bought tomatoes is 2% at most, while here we're talking about 100 to 500%. Folks will avoid paying that, even lazy dopers.
Not even, the reality is the vast majority of pot smokers buy from dealers at a higher price because of the dangers the dealers take on in dealing rather than just using.

Another reality is, that even with 100 to 500% taxation it would likely be cheaper for the user after legalization, those same people who didn't grow it before still wouldn't.

And again, there are about a billion sites out there showing me how to grow my own tobacco, even in Colorado.

LOL Another doper. There is very little tax revenue that would be gained by legalizing a weed that anyone with a windowsill and a pot of dirt can grow for free.

There are a lot of products that people can grow/get on their own, but yet they rely upon others to provide said products. yes, some people would grow it on their own. But there would still be a vast market for those who do not wish to do so.

Not even, the reality is the vast majority of pot smokers buy from dealers at a higher price because of the dangers the dealers take on in dealing rather than just using.

Another reality is, that even with 100 to 500% taxation it would likely be cheaper for the user after legalization, those same people who didn't grow it before still wouldn't.

And again, there are about a billion sites out there showing me how to grow my own tobacco, even in Colorado.
Folks have been trying to grow tobacco in other parts of the country for 400 years now. They don't have the combination of weather and soil needed.

Weed can be grown anywhere though, even in closets like I mentioned earlier.

If weed is legalized there will be a billion sites out there showing you how as well.

how stupid is this one.

Because you have an irrational fear of government we should give the money to people with no oversite of how they spend.

I'mreally tired of the idiots who have mental conditions that dont allow them to see the world as it is.

You have a completely irrational fear of the word government.

ROFLMAO..... you do realize that the idiots in DC in both parties have outspent our revenues for FIFTY STRAIGHT YEARS NOW???

Back