Liberal gun bullshit

but we ARE a first world where slippery slopes DO EXIST!!!! we were told that the patriot act would be used against terrorists only, yet more drug crimes have been prosecuted under the patriot act than have any terrorists. we were told that the TSA would just ensure security at airports, but we're now seeing them at bus stations and roadblock checkpoints....

51W4cn-mwUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The gun owners making the most noise likely lied on NICS forms, have something in the record which would disqualify them, or regularly violate federal gun laws.

They are scared shitless that their name will be added to NICS, or that they will be caught breaking a law lose all their guns.

Novel approach. Big fat lie. That should work.

actually you ARE the extremist. We have asked many times what 'reasonable' gun sense would have stopped this tragedy. Yet you and most on the left continue to avoid answering it.

Why is that? What reasonable gun control would you have implemented?

The right makes it sound as if no measures taken will prevent future incidents, I ask them, why gave any preventative laws at all? It seems laws really don't stop crazy people from committing crimes, so lets just throw all preventative laws out the window. Now this seems just as silly and useless dialogue as the banning all cars, swimming pools, knives and hammers.

Reasonable adults realize that preventative laws are necessary, they do not deter all crimes, but they do set limits and if those limits are crossed, then there are consequences.

i'm wondering if just explaining simple tactics to you here would be worth it, or I should just start another thread about it.

two words.....guerrilla warfare. Do you honestly believe that we would do anything so stupid as to try to go toe to toe with a armored unit? no, we wouldn't even try. you'd see nothing but sniper fire, IEDs, even the cruelest and most medieval barbaric booby traps known to man. we would do everything and more to demoralize the military, like sending prisoners home, but castrated...missing fingers or toes, maybe even eyes. it would be no holds barred until the military just stopped out of fear.

Careful what you say.

This isn't a free country.

Don't forget, Obama executed an American citizen without even a trial in absentia.

Howey, Zappa, BFGRN, how about it? How does that no slippery slope BULLSHIT cover this?

They couldn't even be bothered to find him guilty first, which would have made his killing legal.

The right makes it sound as if no measures taken will prevent future incidents, I ask them, why gave any preventative laws at all? It seems laws really don't stop crazy people from committing crimes, so lets just throw all preventative laws out the window.
I'm really surprised that your 'intelligence' isn't grasping the concept of these laws are only harming the law abiding citizen, not the person who is going to ignore them.

Reasonable adults realize that preventative laws are necessary, they do not deter all crimes, but they do set limits and if those limits are crossed, then there are consequences.
why do you propose putting those consequences on the people that committed no crime then??

Careful what you say.

This isn't a free country.

He is an immoral human being. It is people like him who promote inhuman treatment towards others.

It horrifies me thinking of doing these things to others, he on the other hand seems to look forward to the possibilities.

I think he is unhinged

I denounced it on this and three other forums for days, but according to Big Fucking Goofy Nerd, I don't have any credibility.
Rune, I know we go back and forth alot, but you really aren't a lib. you're a Libertarian with some socially liberal tendencies. naturally I didn't include you in that crowd when I posted that.

He is an immoral human being. It is people like him who promote inhuman treatment towards others.

It horrifies me thinking of doing these things to others, he on the other hand seems to look forward to the possibilities.

I think he is unhinged
now you're making silly assumptions, but whatever. If fighting for my life and freedom, having to use any means necessary, makes me an immoral human being in your eyes, so be it. I will survive or die free, you can remain a slave or die. your choice to make.

The right makes it sound as if no measures taken will prevent future incidents, I ask them, why gave any preventative laws at all? It seems laws really don't stop crazy people from committing crimes, so lets just throw all preventative laws out the window. Now this seems just as silly and useless dialogue as the banning all cars, swimming pools, knives and hammers.

I have no problem with reasonable laws Rana. We already have many. Yet this is a situation where, as you stated, the laws did not stop the crazy person from committing a heinous act.

My problem is with those who keep harping that we need more reasonable measures and yet they cannot elaborate at ALL on what the hell they are referring to.

I propose a reasonable measure to help prevent further action and I got pure nonsense from Bfgrn... I do believe you know the post, you thanked him for it.

WHAT reasonable measures do you think we need?

We continue hearing from you and others lovely straw men positions the 'right' has supposedly taken, yet none have. No one is saying we can't have reasonable laws. We are asking you WHAT you would propose that is reasonable.

I think he is unhinged

With all respect Rana, he's a perfect example of what a tyrannicle government can do to a person.

No different than 1776.

And who is going to pay for this training?

The anti-public school radicals don't even want to pay teachers a decent salary as it is.

The US spends more per capita on education than almost every other country on the planet, yet the performance is not there. This is separate issue, so I don't want to derail the thread, but in short, the waste in spending comes in the insane amount of admin the school systems have. That money would be better spent on the teachers and students. There are 435 house seats to run the government. There are over 15000 school districts... each with its own Superintendent etc...

Also, put the issue forth to the taxpayers... I bet it passes overwhelmingly.

and thanks... I do appreciate legit questions like that...

Back