Liberal gun bullshit

My facts were straight. Period.

As for mental illness, I'm not going to address that - it's a distraction that the gun lobby has ordered its puppets to use (and yes some on the left have gone along with this, stupidly), in order to deflect attention from the rising call for gun control.

We need to strike now on gun control, not sidebar into some nonsense about mental illness, when the entire left would gleefully support single payer including full access to mental health care, and the entire right gleefully knows they will never vote to fund even slightly more access, so the monsters actually use it as a distraction tactic, knowing full well it's irrelevant, because they will never allow it.

Play that game with other lefties, the stupid ones. Not with me.

Gun control.

Only thing I want to talk about until we get it.

The fact remains that, until we do something, our children and other innocent citizens of this nation will continue to die at the hands of these gun obsessed nutbars.

Let the carnage continue, I say.

EVERY time it happens we just point to those who allow this kind of terrorism to continue, gun lovers too scared to agree to some reasonable regulation of certain firearms and call them what they are...accomplices in the murder of our children.

The fact remains that, until we do something, our children and other innocent citizens of this nation will continue to die at the hands of these gun obsessed nutbars.

Let the carnage continue, I say.

EVERY time it happens we just point to those who allow this kind of terrorism to continue, gun lovers too scared to agree to some reasonable regulation of certain firearms and call them what they are...accomplices in the murder of our children.

If every gun was not only banned, but destroyed... do you think these events would stop?

What would stop someone from simply taking a bomb into the building? anyone can find out how to make a home made one... what is to stop that?

You want to blame an inanimate object for the actions of a deranged person.

If every gun was not only banned, but destroyed... do you think these events would stop?

What would stop someone from simply taking a bomb into the building? anyone can find out how to make a home made one... what is to stop that?

I don't think people who are advocating gun control right now think that this alone will stop things. But I think they see it as part of the problem.

With incidents like this becoming more frequent, there is a kind of desperation to make changes that could possibly help prevent future incidents. This is definitely a time when people are taking a close look at the NRA and America's gun culture, and questioning if these things represent who they want to be as a country.

The question that needs to be seriously addressed is, why does this happen so frequently in the USA. Do we have a greater than averarge number of deranged people?

I don't think people who are advocating gun control right now think that this alone will stop things. But I think they see it as part of the problem.

With incidents like this becoming more frequent, there is a kind of desperation to make changes that could possibly help prevent future incidents. This is definitely a time when people are taking a close look at the NRA and America's gun culture, and questioning if these things represent who they want to be as a country.

Well said.

Anyway, those are my views on the subject, and I am entitled to advocate for them, which I did on Monday by making a lot of phone calls. Now tomorrow I suppose I have to hit the phones to prevent cat food stock from shooting through the roof.

That's what I do as a citizen. Feel free to do the same. May the most humane policies win out.

the majority are now for gun control.

this was a game changer.

Yes I saw that right away in the faces around me here, it was the 9/11 of mass shootings. But the NRA and their ilk are in hiding waiting for the time to pass so they can start schilling for their weapons of mass destruction again. They want us to forget. They want the passion to pass.

We can't let it.

I could make the case that it is the media's glorification of these cowards that triggers more of the same copycat crimes than it is the access to guns.

Again, they could just as easily build a bomb(s) and use them to the same result. How many kids would have died if the coward lobbed bombs instead of fired bullets?

Guns are just an easy target for the left wing.

The question that needs to be seriously addressed is, why does this happen so frequently in the USA. Do we have a greater than averarge number of deranged people?

Because our media glorifies the cowards? Because we glorify and desensitize killing via movies and video games? Is it a coincidence that the number of cases have gone up since the 24/7 news cycle and the increased usage of the internet? This idiots image and name are plastered all over the net.

For those who feel 'outcast' by society, for those whose insecurities are so great they become desperate for attention... our coverage and the desire of the public for such coverage is a potential driver for why it occurs more here.

My facts were straight. Period.

As for mental illness, I'm not going to address that - it's a distraction that the gun lobby has ordered its puppets to use (and yes some on the left have gone along with this, stupidly), in order to deflect attention from the rising call for gun control.

We need to strike now on gun control, not sidebar into some nonsense about mental illness, when the entire left would gleefully support single payer including full access to mental health care, and the entire right gleefully knows they will never vote to fund even slightly more access, so the monsters actually use it as a distraction tactic, knowing full well it's irrelevant, because they will never allow it.

Play that game with other lefties, the stupid ones. Not with me.

Gun control.

Only thing I want to talk about until we get it.

i can't believe you think mental illness had nothing to do with this massacre.

that is simply mind boggling and naive.

how the hell can you 'assume' that the founders wouldn't support citizens owning machine guns? have you read the founders documents, debates, and writing? how about the commentators that wrote about the constitution as they presented it to the people before they voted for ratification? The founders just beat back an oppressive and tyrannical central government, using firearms, so how can you conclude that these same founders wouldn't want to prevent that sort of tyranny from ever happening with the newly created government???????

Some would call you a zealot. As we have gone around again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again...

You are saying citizens have the right to own nuclear weapons, F-16's, aircraft carriers, intercontinental ballistic missiles, tanks, rocket launchers (that could take down any commercial airliner). Even illegal weapons America has used like white phosphorous (agent orange) in Fallujah etc, etc, etc. THEN, you would have to have public access to any new secret weapons.

Some would call you a zealot. They are being nice...you are a MORON.

If every gun was destroyed then yes, school shootings like the Newtown Massacre would stop.

And no...I don't blame the gun for the actions of the shooter...I blame you shrieking moonbats who wail GOVERNMENT TYRANNY" everytime there's a shooting and someone suggests talking about some reasonable restrictions of certain firearms.

This is a discussion about the 2ND amendment.

Your question about the 1st was just another diversionary ploy.
no it wasn't. it was a direct question based on your knowledge of the bill of rights and whether they list basic and fundamental rights or rights that can be graded for their importance according to your cowardice.

Back