Louisiana Requires All Public Classrooms to Display Ten Commandments

Which and who's Ten commandments

let me guess In jesusland

main-qimg-2247c7c36eb195d3b5fee658515a6cb7

No, I'm making fun of the hair on fire, screaming and running in circles, the Left is doing over this.
I don't see anyone doing that. It's your imagination due to your hatred of the Left.

My point still stands. If the Founding Father's expressed concern, you'd post that meme. They fought to be independent from the Roman Catholic Church rule.

I don't see anyone doing that. It's your imagination due to your hatred of the Left.

My point still stands. If the Founding Father's expressed concern, you'd post that meme. They fought to be independent from the Roman Catholic Church rule.
No, they fought to be independent of the Church of England. In either case, they weren't against religion being displayed in public areas or things like the ten commandments being displayed in a public building. They were against a state-run church with some degree of mandatory participation.

No, they fought to be independent of the Church of England. In either case, they weren't against religion being displayed in public areas or things like the ten commandments being displayed in a public building. They were against a state-run church with some degree of mandatory participation.
There you go. "...some degree of mandatory participation."

Children from various backgrounds are going to ask their teachers.

It’s a violation of the 1st Amendment regarding establishment of religion and no big deal at the same time.

Students will walk right past it without giving it a second thought.

It’s a violation of the 1st Amendment regarding establishment of religion and no big deal at the same time.

Students will walk right past it without giving it a second thought.
Except when a Christian student bothers them about it.

Except when a Christian student bothers them about it.
Yeah, I get that, but it’s much ado about nothing. After a short hubub, students won’t even notice it. Nevertheless, it still violates the 1st on establishment.

In early public grade school (early 1960s), I had a teacher who would read a Bible passage every day. Nobody paid a single bit of attention to it. To kids, even the Pledge is rote recitation without a thought to the meaning.

Yeah, I get that, but it’s much ado about nothing. After a short hubub, students won’t even notice it. Nevertheless, it still violates the 1st on establishment.

In early public grade school (early 1960s), I had a teacher who would read a Bible passage every day. Nobody paid a single bit of attention to it. To kids, even the Pledge is rote recitation without a thought to the meaning.
Good point. However it's a stepping stone.

How would the right respond to putting verses from the Quran in our schools? You do it for one then you will have to do it for all.
They will regret this.

How would the right respond to putting verses from the Quran in our schools? You do it for one then you will have to do it for all.
They will regret this.
The Quran doesn't have a clear set of ten commandments in it. There are verses that together, scattered through it, might parallel the ten commandments, but no one verse or two does that.

I see no harm however in quoting some religious text or another, be it Christian, Islamic, Buddhist, or whatever where the quote conveys what virtually anyone would consider good values, like You cannot commit murder. Foisting heavy doses of any religion on schools should be avoided. There are religious schools for those parents that want their children to grow up in that environment, and we should have that choice too.

The Quran doesn't have a clear set of ten commandments in it. There are verses that together, scattered through it, might parallel the ten commandments, but no one verse or two does that.

I see no harm however in quoting some religious text or another, be it Christian, Islamic, Buddhist, or whatever where the quote conveys what virtually anyone would consider good values, like You cannot commit murder. Foisting heavy doses of any religion on schools should be avoided. There are religious schools for those parents that want their children to grow up in that environment, and we should have that choice too.
MAGA heads would be on fire if you want to talk about overreactions.

Back