Lutherans allow Sexually Active Gay Priests...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090822/ap_on_re/us_lutherans_gays

MINNEAPOLIS – The nation's largest Lutheran denomination took openly gay clergy more fully into its fold Friday, as leaders of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America voted to lift a ban that prohibited sexually active gays and lesbians from serving as ministers.

Under the new policy, individual ELCA congregations will be allowed to hire homosexuals in committed relationships as clergy. Until now, gays and lesbians had to remain celibate to serve as clergy.

The change passed with the support of 68 percent of about 1,000 delegates at the ELCA's national assembly. It makes the group, with about 4.7 million members in the U.S., one of the largest U.S. Christian denominations yet to take a more gay-friendly stance.

"I have seen these same-gender relationships function in the same way as heterosexual relationships — bringing joy and blessings as well as trials and hardships," the Rev. Leslie Williamson, associate pastor at Trinity Lutheran Church in Des Plaines, Ill., said during the hours of debate. "The same-gender couples I know live in love and faithfulness and are called to proclaim the word of God as are all of us."

More at link...

MINNEAPOLIS – The nation's largest Lutheran denomination took openly gay clergy more fully into its fold Friday, as leaders of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America voted to lift a ban that prohibited sexually active gays and lesbians from serving as ministers.

Under the new policy, individual ELCA congregations will be allowed to hire homosexuals in committed relationships as clergy. Until now, gays and lesbians had to remain celibate to serve as clergy.

The change passed with the support of 68 percent of about 1,000 delegates at the ELCA's national assembly. It makes the group, with about 4.7 million members in the U.S., one of the largest U.S. Christian denominations yet to take a more gay-friendly stance.

"I have seen these same-gender relationships function in the same way as heterosexual relationships — bringing joy and blessings as well as trials and hardships," the Rev. Leslie Williamson, associate pastor at Trinity Lutheran Church in Des Plaines, Ill., said during the hours of debate. "The same-gender couples I know live in love and faithfulness and are called to proclaim the word of God as are all of us."

More at link...
another step towards Catholicism?

The Catholics supported sexually active homo pedo priests for years.
So why all the hubbub about the lutherans?
At least they do not support pedo homos.

The Lutherans were beat to the punch by the Protestants on this one. The next big hoo-ha will be when the gay priests want to get married!

More at link...

The ELCA has been openly liberal and openly gay for years. It left the doctrines of Luther long ago. The battle between them and the LCMS (Lutheran Church Missouri Synod) has been raging for years.

Doooood, don't you know anything about the Reformation movement? :eek:
By Anne & Tom Lipe of Damascus, MD

There was a monk named Luther,
As devout as he could be.
You couldn't find a better
monk in all of Germany.

All of the other friars
used to laugh and call him names.
They never dreamed that God would
lead him down the path to fame.

Then one cold October morn
God's call came to him:
"Luther, I think you are right;
I want you to lead my fight."

So then he wrote his theses;
tacked them up for all to see.
And now the Reformation
will go down in history...."

Everybody sing!

By Anne & Tom Lipe of Damascus, MD

There was a monk named Luther,
As devout as he could be.
You couldn't find a better
monk in all of Germany.

Yeah, well, its friggin' Germany for crying out loud!

And yes, Watermark, because Luther still loved the Catholic Mass very much, he tried to keep his own version of it active, even creating a parallel doctrine on the Eucharist called Consubstantiation. The Anglican service resembles our Mass as well, because they try to present themselves as Schismatic rather than Protestant, and many Anglican ministers will even go and become ordained by Orthodox bishops to keep the pretence going.

Doooood, don't you know anything about the Reformation movement? :eek:

The Episcopalians are Protestants, and as far as I know they were the FIRST Protestant denomination in America to accept openly gay priests.

My apologies to any Lutherans or Episcopalians for my error!:FootMouth:

Back