Lutherans allow Sexually Active Gay Priests...

as my crazy religious ex-girlfriend would say: "gays getting married infringe on my freedom to not see them married" (this was 100% seriously said)

as my crazy religious ex-girlfriend would say: "gays getting married infringe on my freedom to not see them married" (this was 100% seriously said)

Sounds like a seriously crazy ex-girlfriend.

SM, if the Lutherans accept gays and perform gay marriages, what effect, if any, will this have on your life?

great question
The question is irrelevant.

The relevant question is how does gay marriage impact society, and more importantly, the most innocent in society: children. (<content edited> and how gay pedophiles attack in overwhelming percentages relative to hetero-pedophiles.) In States where gay marriage is allowed, schools must now tailor their sex education curriculum to include homosexuality as morally equivalent to heterosexuality.

Churches are also on the verge of losing their tax exempt status if they don't allow homosexual marriage.

http://www.citizenlink.org/content/A000008385.cfm

So how do you, <edited for content>, justify gay marriage in your church?:pke:

Last edited by a moderator:
The question is irrelevant.

The relevant question is how does gay marriage impact society, and more importantly, the most innocent in society: children. (<edited for content>, have chosen to attack in the past, and how gay pedophiles attack in overwhelming percentages relative to hetero-pedophiles.) In States where gay marriage is allowed, schools must now tailor their sex education curriculum to include homosexuality as morally equivalent to heterosexuality.

Churches are also on the verge of losing their tax exempt status if they don't allow homosexual marriage.

http://www.citizenlink.org/content/A000008385.cfm

So how do you, <edited for content>, justify gay marriage in your church?:pke:

The impact on society is negligible at the most. The couples are already living together as a married couple.

My question to you, since you apparently oppose gay marriage, is what difference or effect would it have on you?

Your comments about the gay pedophiles is just a strawman tactic. There is no reason to assume there would be an increase in gay pedophiles just because they were allowed to marry. If someone is a pedophile they would have acted or not acted based on a number of factors. But their marital status would not be a factor.

Last edited by a moderator:
The impact on society is negligible at the most. The couples are already living together as a married couple.

My question to you, since you apparently oppose gay marriage, is what difference or effect would it have on you?

Your comments about the gay pedophiles is just a strawman tactic. There is no reason to assume there would be an increase in gay pedophiles just because they were allowed to marry. If someone is a pedophile they would have acted or not acted based on a number of factors. But their marital status would not be a factor.
You simply dismissed the legitimate issues raised, repeated your irrelevant question then mis-characterized my comment about pedophiles. Is there any wonder why I don't take you seriously?

You simply dismissed the legitimate issues raised, repeated your irrelevant question then mis-characterized my comment about pedophiles. Is there any wonder why I don't take you seriously?

How did I mischaracterize your comment?

I was asking you about gay marriage. What effect would allowing gays to marry have on the number of active pedophiles?

I am asking you what effect allowing gays to marry would have on you. If you do not have an answer for that, then why oppose it.

The pedophilia comments were just misdirection and trying to get away from the question.

How did I mischaracterize your comment?

I was asking you about gay marriage. What effect would allowing gays to marry have on the number of active pedophiles?

I am asking you what effect allowing gays to marry would have on you. If you do not have an answer for that, then why oppose it.

The pedophilia comments were just misdirection and trying to get away from the question.
Arguing you is like arguing with a retarded person, seriously. In nearly every conversation you defy logic, create false arguments or misuse the English language. Here you've done all three to the point where it's not worth starting to point them out, because if I do, you'll accuse me of not addressing your entire post. *shrug*

Arguing you is like arguing with a retarded person, seriously. In nearly every conversation you defy logic, create false arguments or misuse the English language. Here you've done all three to the point where it's not worth starting to point them out, because if I do, you'll accuse me of not addressing your entire post. *shrug*

I asked a very simple question, and you brought up pedophilia to dodge it.

Now you claim I am defying logic and creating false arguments.

I guess its one way to avoid a question.

I asked a very simple question, and you brought up pedophilia to dodge it.

Now you claim I am defying logic and creating false arguments.

I guess its one way to avoid a question.
Again, your question was irrelevant, so I answered it with a relevant one, and that answer included a discussion of pedophilia, which appears to be related to homosexuality and loss of societal morality.

Just Plain Politics! - View Single Post - Lutherans allow Sexually Active Gay Priests...

Try to respond this next time with a rational argument, void of logical fallacy and reasonably concise English.

Again, your question was irrelevant, so I answered it with a relevant one, and that answer included a discussion of pedophilia, which appears to be related to homosexuality and loss of societal morality.

Just Plain Politics! - View Single Post - Lutherans allow Sexually Active Gay Priests...

Try to respond this next time with a rational argument, void of logical fallacy and reasonably concise English.

The discussion had progressed to one concerning gay marriages. You have spoken out numerous times against gay marriage. I was making the point that it does not effect you if gays are allowed to marry. If you are going to oppose something, at least have a valid reason. Pedophilia is not a valid reason. An effect on you might be a valid reason, if it were something logical.

But you decided to go off in another direction, avoid the question, and then try and claim I am being illogical. I would call that a failure.

The pedophilia link has no bearing on the topic. You wanted to change the subject and not answer the question.

My question was valid, relevant, and written using proper english. You simply decided you didn't have a good answer. But were unwilling to man up to that. So you went off on a tangent and added in a nice little attack on maineman.

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal
Do you ever stay exactly on topic? I made an error within discussing the subject title. I admitted it and corrected it. If you have proof my statement is incorrect, then please enlighten me. If not, then continue the predictable path to slam fest city that you're on.

"Dooood", *shrug*.....quite a repertoire you're building up there, bunky!

Dooooood, Why would I need to provide proof, when you freely admit that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about? *shrug*

Ahhh, the old neocon tactic...you can't pursue your line of BS, so you turn to a slam fest. Predictable.

Admitting I made an error confusing Episcopalians and Lutherans is not the end of the world....but my statement about Episcopalians being the first Prostestant group in America to openly acknowledge acceptance of gay priests stands. If someone has proof to the contrary, then I'll stand corrected.

Unlike you, I don't have an allergic reaction to admitting error. You should grow up DoooooD! *shurg* :rolleyes:

Last edited:
There is nothing and nobody in this world that can de-sanctify your marriage other than your wife and yourself. Nobody else married or not, sinning or not, "gross" or not, can ever do anything to the sanctity of your marriage, whether the government decides that some people you don't want to marry can "marry" it still will not do anything to the sanctity of your marriage.

You have responsibility towards sanctifying your marriage, not the government. The government cannot define away the sanctity of your marriage, only you can do that.

In short, there is nothing on this planet save for your own actions (and those of your wife's) that can ever make your marriage any more, or less sanctified.

There is nothing and nobody in this world that can de-sanctify your marriage other than your wife and yourself. Nobody else married or not, sinning or not, "gross" or not, can ever do anything to the sanctity of your marriage, whether the government decides that some people you don't want to marry can "marry" it still will not do anything to the sanctity of your marriage.

You have responsibility towards sanctifying your marriage, not the government. The government cannot define away the sanctity of your marriage, only you can do that.

In short, there is nothing on this planet save for your own actions (and those of your wife's) that can ever make your marriage any more, or less sanctified.

Thank you, Damo. Your enlightenment is showing well.

Absolutely. Great post, Damo!

Thorn, I was just looking at your signature and I have a question.

Which means more to you, the award voted by your fellow forum members or what your dog thinks of you?

well said. really eloquent. thank you.

Ahhh, the old neocon tactic...you can't pursue your line of BS, so you turn to a slam fest. Predictable.

Admitting I made an error confusing Episcopalians and Lutherans is not the end of the world....but my statement about Episcopalians being the first Prostestant group in America to openly acknowledge acceptance of gay priests stands. If someone has proof to the contrary, then I'll stand corrected.

Unlike you, I don't have an allergic reaction to admitting error. You should grow up DoooooD! *shurg* :rolleyes:
Sure that's why I had to back you into a corner first, it took you two days and you feel the need to insult me on your way out, Dooood. *shrug*

By the way, what's a "shurg"?

The discussion had progressed to one concerning gay marriages. You have spoken out numerous times against gay marriage. I was making the point that it does not effect you if gays are allowed to marry. If you are going to oppose something, at least have a valid reason. Pedophilia is not a valid reason. An effect on you might be a valid reason, if it were something logical.

But you decided to go off in another direction, avoid the question, and then try and claim I am being illogical. I would call that a failure.

The pedophilia link has no bearing on the topic. You wanted to change the subject and not answer the question.
I didn't change the subject by explaining to you what gay marriage does to a society.

Again, your question is irrelevant to the discussion. It's always about "you" with liberals, as in "what's in it for me?". Illegal drugs haven't affected me, so I shouldn't care about them, right?

Back