Lutherans allow Sexually Active Gay Priests...

People call me racist because to deflect from the fact that they failed in their arguments.

Doesn't it bother you that by allowing gays to marry, the government would be creating a moral equivalency?

What about non-profit organizations, should they be taxable as well?

Just like you made the claim I want to protect pedophile. It was to deflect the fact that you failed in your argument.

The gov't is not the one who determines morality. It give benefits to couples who marry, and that should extend to couples of either gender or mixed genders. You still have shown no logical or sound reason they should not allow gays to marry.

If you want to make a tax exempt status for charities, that makes sense. But it should only cover the charity portion of the organization. But non-profit organizations should not have hundreds of thousands of dollars in the bank (or millions of dollars).

Just like you made the claim I want to protect pedophile. It was to deflect the fact that you failed in your argument.

The gov't is not the one who determines morality. It give benefits to couples who marry, and that should extend to couples of either gender or mixed genders. You still have shown no logical or sound reason they should not allow gays to marry.

If you want to make a tax exempt status for charities, that makes sense. But it should only cover the charity portion of the organization. But non-profit organizations should not have hundreds of thousands of dollars in the bank (or millions of dollars).
Nice to see that you admit that those who call me racist are full of shit. But that doesn't mean my argument failed; just that you seemed to be focused on that small portion, for whatever reason, so I dropped it.

The government gives special status to married couples because they provide the basic building block of a moral society. For them to extend the same recognition to gays would give them a government sanctioned moral equivalency.

Churches provide moral guidance to their members, at least mine does. Isn't that a charitable cause? Perhaps yours does not, which would explain your support of gay marriage and your willingness to give up its tax exempt status.

lol. I just noticed at the top... "gay cruises" ad....

It is quite surprising to see that on this site.

lol. I just noticed at the top... "gay cruises" ad....

It is quite surprising to see that on this site.
Lots of happy people on cruise ships. Me, I felt claustrophobic. I don't get the concept of rolling around in the sea in a big circle, eating 5 meals per day and going to mediocre shows. You can do the same thing at a land-based resort for less money, have a bigger bedroom and leave anytime you want to. *shrug*

Nice to see that you admit that those who call me racist are full of shit. But that doesn't mean my argument failed; just that you seemed to be focused on that small portion, for whatever reason, so I dropped it.

The government gives special status to married couples because they provide the basic building block of a moral society. For them to extend the same recognition to gays would give them a government sanctioned moral equivalency.

Churches provide moral guidance to their members, at least mine does. Isn't that a charitable cause? Perhaps yours does not, which would explain your support of gay marriage and your willingness to give up its tax exempt status.

I haven't seen you drop anything just because that was what someone else focused on. But if thats what you want to claim, so be it.

Basic building block of a moral society? The government gives special benefits to one segment of the population and denies it to another, based solely on whether they are of the same or different genders. That is not moral behavior.

Mine provides guidance to its members. It provides a good deal of help to the needy. It also sends members to do mission work. But I fail to see why the gymnasium fund or the pastor's salary should be tax exempt.

I haven't seen you drop anything just because that was what someone else focused on. But if thats what you want to claim, so be it.

Basic building block of a moral society? The government gives special benefits to one segment of the population and denies it to another, based solely on whether they are of the same or different genders. That is not moral behavior.

Mine provides guidance to its members. It provides a good deal of help to the needy. It also sends members to do mission work. But I fail to see why the gymnasium fund or the pastor's salary should be tax exempt.

Government have recognized marriage between a man and a woman is the basic building block of society, and just like home ownership, rewards its citizens for partaking. Entering into a gay marriage or renting an apartment doesn't provide an equivalent societal benefit.

Your church gymnasium fosters brotherhood within your church; your pastor provides overall moral guidance. Aren't these charitable causes?

Government have recognized marriage between a man and a woman is the basic building block of society, and just like home ownership, rewards its citizens for partaking. Entering into a gay marriage or renting an apartment doesn't provide an equivalent societal benefit.

Your church gymnasium fosters brotherhood within your church; your pastor provides overall moral guidance. Aren't these charitable causes?

Gay marriage would provide the exact same basic building blocks. The only difference is the inability to have biological children. And unless you wish to take the benefits away from childless straight couples, your argument doesn't hold water.

What is it that you think makes a straight married couple a "basic building block" for the gov't that the gay couple does not also have? Is giving birth to their biological children the defining feature of a "basic building block of a moral society"?

The church gymnasium is not a charitable item, it is a luxury. My pastor does give guidance. But so does a therapist, and their salary is not tax exempt.

Gay marriage would provide the exact same basic building blocks. The only difference is the inability to have biological children. And unless you wish to take the benefits away from childless straight couples, your argument doesn't hold water.

What is it that you think makes a straight married couple a "basic building block" for the gov't that the gay couple does not also have? Is giving birth to their biological children the defining feature of a "basic building block of a moral society"?

The church gymnasium is not a charitable item, it is a luxury. My pastor does give guidance. But so does a therapist, and their salary is not tax exempt.
Bearing children is certainly an important component in the basic building block of society, but not the only one, or perhaps even the most important. It's a difficult thing for liberal men to understand due their feminization, and difficult for liberal women due to their twisted view of equality.

Man's basic instinct is to be a hunter; a predator, to sow his seed widely and command vast territories, regardless of who may make claim to them. Woman's basic instinct is to be a gatherer, a nurturer, to consolidate her holdings and seek cooperation among her neighbors. Separated, the sexes develop disastrous societies, if they develop at all.

Your church gym, again, fosters brotherhood within your church; your pastor provides overall moral guidance; something your therapist can't do. Aren't these charitable causes?

Bearing children is certainly an important component in the basic building block of society, but not the only one, or perhaps even the most important. It's a difficult thing for liberal men to understand due their feminization, and difficult for liberal women due to their twisted view of equality.

Man's basic instinct is to be a hunter; a predator, to sow his seed widely and command vast territories, regardless of who may make claim to them. Woman's basic instinct is to be a gatherer, a nurturer, to consolidate her holdings and seek cooperation among her neighbors. Separated, the sexes develop disastrous societies, if they develop at all.

Your church gym, again, fosters brotherhood within your church; your pastor provides overall moral guidance; something your therapist can't do. Aren't these charitable causes?
Now, go unchain your wife from the stove!

This is my favorite pan of all time. My wife bought it for me two months ago and I've used it nearly every night.

d_l165p.jpg

http://www.calphalon.com/calphalon/consumer/products/productGroup.jhtml?catId=CLCat100314

You are talking about basic instincts that are not limited to one gender or the other. In fact, a gay marriage may have both of those sets of instincts, regardless of gender.

And the stereotyping of liberals does not explain anything or even stand up to scutiny. Many men who think gays should be married are straight and far from feminine. Many women who agree with gay marriage are nurturing, mothering, gatherers and straight as an arrow. There are also gay men who are far from feminine, and gay women who are very feminine. The generalization and stereotyping is worthless.

When I played softball it fostered brotherhood within our group. My parents provided moral guidance for myself and my siblings. But neither were tax exempt. No, I do not think the church gymnasium and guidance from a paid employee of the church are charitable causes.

You are talking about basic instincts that are not limited to one gender or the other. In fact, a gay marriage may have both of those sets of instincts, regardless of gender.

And the stereotyping of liberals does not explain anything or even stand up to scutiny. Many men who think gays should be married are straight and far from feminine. Many women who agree with gay marriage are nurturing, mothering, gatherers and straight as an arrow. There are also gay men who are far from feminine, and gay women who are very feminine. The generalization and stereotyping is worthless.

When I played softball it fostered brotherhood within our group. My parents provided moral guidance for myself and my siblings. But neither were tax exempt. No, I do not think the church gymnasium and guidance from a paid employee of the church are charitable causes.

I'm talking about basic instincts, that if it were not for a structured society, would overwhelm all other facets of that society. The fact that we allow feminized men to prosper at all is a testament to the success of the tempering effect of women.

If you played softball within a school or charitable organization then it would be tax deductible.

Back