Mafia/Werewolf

Wake

Verified User
Heard you guys play this game. It's awesome stuff. After suggesting DP started a Gaming forum for games like Mafia, we've hosted quite a few game. The last one I was starting to host had around 22-24 players. That's explosive.

Not sure where you guys play, but please count me in!

Is gameplay here more focused on basic/classic play, or the advanced stuff? One game we played had a "card mechanism" added to it where each player had ONE unique card they could play, only once, during a Day Phase. The effect each card had were very subtle, and turned that flame of activity into a bonfire in that thread. :)

I would recommend browsing some of our game threads within the Where Threads Go to Die forum. You might get a rhythm for how we play and how we've evolved there.

Don't worry about that Forum, Wake. Start all new Werewolf business in the Whatever Goes section. The Mods are kind enough to archive all of our past activities in the Where Threads Go to Die Forum.

Since you are obviously volunteering to Moderate the next round, just start a thread titled "Werewolf Sign-Ups" and invite everyone to throw their names in. I would also talk with Grind to see what tools you can use to run the game with. Right now he's working on some site tools for it, but in the past he used a webpage which allowed the Moderator to actually participate in the game, because it handled all of the character roles and actions.

When you do start a Game Thread, it's customary to copy and paste those first few posts that Grind made in Round I for everyone's general understanding. Just update them with any new stuff that needs explaining. Since you are new here, I would discuss with Grind and with everyone in the sign-up thread the unique character roles we will/may be using, as this has gotten quite complicated over the years.

Lastly, you may tire of seeing this repeated in everything Werewolf, but some of us never will - SHOOT GRIND!

Don't worry about that Forum, Wake. Start all new Werewolf business in the Whatever Goes section. The Mods are kind enough to archive all of our past activities in the Where Threads Go to Die Forum.

Since you are obviously volunteering to Moderate the next round, just start a thread titled "Werewolf Sign-Ups" and invite everyone to throw their names in. I would also talk with Grind to see what tools you can use to run the game with. Right now he's working on some site tools for it, but in the past he used a webpage which allowed the Moderator to actually participate in the game, because it handled all of the character roles and actions.

When you do start a Game Thread, it's customary to copy and paste those first few posts that Grind made in Round I for everyone's general understanding. Just update them with any new stuff that needs explaining. Since you are new here, I would discuss with Grind and with everyone in the sign-up thread the unique character roles we will/may be using, as this has gotten quite complicated over the years.

Lastly, you may tire of seeing this repeated in everything Werewolf, but some of us never will - SHOOT GRIND!
Yeahh....you might want to be careful about giving 3D a loaded weapon. No telling who he'll wack.

It was suggested that we have an anonymous game; so that "preconceived" opinions about posters weren't brought into the game.
This might actually force players to think, rather then react.

It was suggested that we have an anonymous game; so that "preconceived" opinions about posters weren't brought into the game.
This might actually force players to think, rather then react.

oh NO!

If that's the case, you might find yourself actually having to interact with me instead of running away all the time like you do now!

wake we'll do one soon but we are kinda lazy with setting them up. I've also been busy the last month or so and I'm usually the one that harasses people into playing

But suppose I want to lynch Mott or shoot Grind on the first day? Fuck!

They you're going to have to figure out who you think they are.
This should make the game more balanced and eliminate some of the BS, from those who can't seem to leave politics and feelings out it.

Sweet. I'll start signups for Mafia sometime this week. We usually sent out invitations to bring in new players. Last time it was around 24, lol.

The way we played it over at DP is a bit different. Most were very analytical and maybe a tad paranoid (not difficult when in a game with murderous imposters). We'd lynch those who weren't contributing to searching out Scum. It could get VERY intense.

A good mix for, say, 12 players would look like this:

Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town Jailkeeper
Vt
Vt
Vt
Vt
Vt
Vt
Mafia Role Cop
Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon

Because two seperate Scum factions increase Town's chances of survival, we could also swap out the 3 scum and a VT for 2 Scum teams with two members each.

The game's awesome, and it's one game that's truly interesting because of how deep and complex it can be.

Sweet. I'll start signups for Mafia sometime this week. We usually sent out invitations to bring in new players. Last time it was around 24, lol.

The way we played it over at DP is a bit different. Most were very analytical and maybe a tad paranoid (not difficult when in a game with murderous imposters). We'd lynch those who weren't contributing to searching out Scum. It could get VERY intense.

A good mix for, say, 12 players would look like this:

Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town Jailkeeper
Vt
Vt
Vt
Vt
Vt
Vt
Mafia Role Cop
Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon

Because two seperate Scum factions increase Town's chances of survival, we could also swap out the 3 scum and a VT for 2 Scum teams with two members each.

The game's awesome, and it's one game that's truly interesting because of how deep and complex it can be.

May I make a suggestion; that for your first game here, that you stick with the Werewolf format to start.
This is what most are comfortable with and after you getting acquantied with our lunacy, you would have a better idea of how a Mafia game might work.

You may also want to check with the mods and see if they've worked out a way to make it anonymous; because we have some posters who can't seem to make the transition from despising each other, while arguing politics, to that of just playing a game.

Agreed, I'm not playing fucking mafia!

I don't want to play anonymously either. Though I don't think that's going anywhere. Half of the game is knowing whether someone is acting unusual or not. How stupid. But I'm not highly invested in this. I would easily skip it, so whatever.

Back