Mafia/Werewolf

Don't worry about that Forum, Wake. Start all new Werewolf business in the Whatever Goes section. The Mods are kind enough to archive all of our past activities in the Where Threads Go to Die Forum.

Since you are obviously volunteering to Moderate the next round, just start a thread titled "Werewolf Sign-Ups" and invite everyone to throw their names in. I would also talk with Grind to see what tools you can use to run the game with. Right now he's working on some site tools for it, but in the past he used a webpage which allowed the Moderator to actually participate in the game, because it handled all of the character roles and actions.

When you do start a Game Thread, it's customary to copy and paste those first few posts that Grind made in Round I for everyone's general understanding. Just update them with any new stuff that needs explaining. Since you are new here, I would discuss with Grind and with everyone in the sign-up thread the unique character roles we will/may be using, as this has gotten quite complicated over the years.

Lastly, you may tire of seeing this repeated in everything Werewolf, but some of us never will - SHOOT GRIND!

I'm looking for the "Whatever Goes" section and not finding it.

I'll try the Werewolf version first.

The ignore function seems odd tbh. Whenever some schmuck focused more on riffing other players rather than searching for Scum, we'd vote them out. I'm not in favor of the anonymous feature. To be honest I'm very familiar with hosting and playing the games, and have tried quite a few variations. Players despising eachother for odd reasons is yet another interesting mechanic.

Signups for Werewolf Mafia will be posted soon.

I like working with posters who I feud with. We just agree to provide cover for our team by continuing the feud throughout the game. Nearly worked once when I was part of a werewolf trio, but I slipped up on my dialogue with the third wolf who I am friends with. If not for that mistake, I think our shots at each other would have played-off quite well.

we are not ready for werewolf, I have to finish up some stuff with a bot I was working on but stopped for a while. Also even number rosters are retarded

we are not ready for werewolf, I have to finish up some stuff with a bot I was working on but stopped for a while. Also even number rosters are retarded

...ok, I've got a few questions.

How do you play Mafia/Werewolf here?

On DP we'd just play the game on the one thread, and if needed we'd have a mod lock the thread during the Night phase. I'm not sure what you mean by "not ready," because our way is played differently.

We didn't have any fancy functions to play the game. ;-)

...ok, I've got a few questions.

How do you play Mafia/Werewolf here?

On DP we'd just play the game on the one thread, and if needed we'd have a mod lock the thread during the Night phase. I'm not sure what you mean by "not ready," because our way is played differently.

We didn't have any fancy functions to play the game. ;-)

we give the game mod the ability to open and close threads, along with mods

basically we are going to have a bot that automatically keeps tabs on the vote counts and auto posts them, and will also close the thread at night and open it at day. I think the bot is basically done I just have to do some testing with it.

The way you play is the way we have been playing. Grind wants to evolve the site functionality in order to have it help run and manage the game for us. He has basically placed the next round on hold until then.

I say, Grind is taking way to fucking long, and we should let Wake moderate one last "low-tech" round before Grind's tools get used.

Would it be alright if I go ahead and host one anyways? I've hosted over 12 games, and even without the ability to lock a thread the games have flowed smoothly.

I've NEVER heard about a "bot" that keeps vote counts before, either. Not even Mafiascum shows anything about that.

If you let me start a Werewolf game our way, I'm fairly certain it'll have at least 12 players, and will be run pretty well. ;-)

we give the game mod the ability to open and close threads, along with mods

basically we are going to have a bot that automatically keeps tabs on the vote counts and auto posts them, and will also close the thread at night and open it at day. I think the bot is basically done I just have to do some testing with it.

YOU LIE!!!

I like working with posters who I feud with. We just agree to provide cover for our team by continuing the feud throughout the game. Nearly worked once when I was part of a werewolf trio, but I slipped up on my dialogue with the third wolf who I am friends with. If not for that mistake, I think our shots at each other would have played-off quite well.

that is funny....that is exactly what darla and i did when we were wolves, you know, the epic game where ZERO wolves died

we actually became somewhat friends during that game, she even said i was very different than she thought, then after she went right back to being a bitch

This forum is very different from the other one I've been part of for 2 years...

What's with all the bickering? And who's Darla?

if you want to have an unbalanced game that can end in a tie, by all means start with 12 players... or have a seer have no peek on n0. you should start with odd. No offense, but DP is filled with mouthbreathers and I don't trust them to really know what's going on over there.

if you want to have an unbalanced game that can end in a tie, by all means start with 12 players... or have a seer have no peek on n0. you should start with odd. No offense, but DP is filled with mouthbreathers and I don't trust them to really know what's going on over there.

WW is best played with TWO players

We can do an odd number if you want.

Not sure what you mean about the Seer. Is the Seer the equivalent of a Power Role, or is the Seer a Doctor? I'm very familiar with mafiascum.net, and not at all about Werewolf. Have you use modified PRs, too?

Back