Majority of United States Faces 'Elevated Risk' of Summer Power Blackouts Amid Green

ptif219

Verified User
Getting rid of coal and gas power plants means the Grid is weak and can't handle the added pressure of millions of Electric cars charging

https://freebeacon.com/energy/major...ummer-power-blackouts-amid-green-energy-push/

America's increased reliance on green energy in favor of coal and gas has a majority of the United States facing an "elevated risk" of summer power blackouts, according to a leading grid reliability watchdog.
The North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) last week published its 2023 summer reliability assessment, which found that two-thirds of North America could face power shortages this summer during periods of extreme heat. That vulnerability, the watchdog group said, stems from America's increase in green power generation and decrease in fossil fuel power plants. While coal and natural gas plants can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch, green alternatives such as wind and solar rely on favorable weather conditions to operate at full capacity. If those conditions aren't met, power demand can outpace supply.
"The system is closer to the edge," NERC director of reliability assessment and performance analysis John Moura said last week. "More needs to be done."
Moura is far from the only expert sounding the alarm on America's unreliable power grid. Both state and federal officials in recent weeks have warned that high summer temperatures, combined with low nightly winds, could bring power blackouts across the country. "I'm afraid to say it, but I think the United States is heading towards a catastrophic situation," Federal Energy Regulatory Commission member Mark Christie said during a May Senate hearing.
Despite those warnings, President Joe Biden has moved forward with plans to accelerate U.S. coal plant retirements. With nearly half of America's coal power already set to disappear by 2030, Biden's Environmental Protection Agency earlier this month unveiled new standards that force coal and gas power plants to slash their carbon emissions by a whopping 90 percent between 2035 and 2040. In order to meet the near-impossible standards, those plants will have to spend big on infrastructure upgrades—costs that may prompt the plants to shut down rather than comply.
"Coal is more than five times as dependable as wind and more than twice as dependable as solar when electricity demand is greatest," America's Power CEO Michelle Bloodworth said in a statement, "yet bad public policy and EPA regulations are forcing the closure of coal plants."
In addition to his far-reaching fossil fuel regulations, Biden has spent hundreds of billions of dollars on tax breaks and subsidies aimed at increasing electric car use. And in April, Biden's Environmental Protection Agency announced a new rule that imposes strict tailpipe emission limits on vehicles sold—so strict that it effectively forces automakers to ensure that two-thirds of the cars they sell are electric by 2032.

Following in Germany's, Britain's, Spain's, Australia's footsteps. They all heavily adopted wind and solar and got fucked the same way. Solar and wind are total losers as major generation sources and stupid as a home system. But the anti-science radical Left won't bunk any opposition to their religious beliefs in the two. I suggest buying a gasoline powered portable generator for just in case.

Following in Germany's, Britain's, Spain's, Australia's footsteps. They all heavily adopted wind and solar and got fucked the same way. Solar and wind are total losers as major generation sources and stupid as a home system. But the anti-science radical Left won't bunk any opposition to their religious beliefs in the two. I suggest buying a gasoline powered portable generator for just in case.

Exactly. They're a religion, operating on faith.

It only gets worse from here.

Buy a generator of you plan to stick around for long, though eventually you will prob be forbidden to use it.

Eventually there will be meters which will shut us off when we have used our quota or get in trouble with the minders....Jordan Peterson was recently talking about this on his Twitter.

It only gets worse from here.

Buy a generator of you plan to stick around for long, though eventually you will prob be forbidden to use it.

Should we buckle up, friitcake?

ROTFLMFAO!!! Still waiting. You have been wrong about literally everything. Put down the bottle, doofus.,

I read the report. You are lying about it. The areas that are NOT. at elevated risk are generally those with the most solar and wind. Why do you keep lying?

I have a generator.
It kicks on within seconds of the power going out.
As long as the gas company doesn't shut down, I'm good.

Doesn't help with cable TV, unfortunately.
Good thing I saved my DVDs and Laserdiscs.

We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK. That's not leadership. That's not going to happen. — Barak Obama

It’s part of the goal for us to be a world leader. Pay attention.

It’s part of the goal for us to be a world leader. Pay attention.

We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK. That's not leadership. That's not going to happen. — Barak Obama

I think that President Obama was simply explaining how life wasn't going to be worth living in the future.

What we obviously need to do is to continue living the way that we like to live,

but we shouldn't procreate

and expose future generations to the inevitable dystopian lifestyle that will await them.

That makes perfect sense to me.
I'm not sure than anything else does.

Comfort and convenience are what make life tolerable.
Absent those, life is a sentence, not a gift.

In short, my only advice is,

Throw a bag on it.:cool:

I think that President Obama was simply explaining how life wasn't going to be worth living in the future.

What we obviously need to do is to continue living the way that we like to live,

but we shouldn't procreate

and expose future generations to the inevitable dystopian lifestyle that will await them.

That makes perfect sense to me.
I'm not sure than anything else does.

Comfort and convenience are what make life tolerable.
Absent those, life is a sentence, not a gift.

In short, my only advice is,

Throw a bag on it.:cool:

Well, we should get to have our 1.8 children per married couple, IMO. I still have 0.8 to go ;). But I certainly am not opposed to sterilization when the system is being abused. We had a lady here who we called 8-ball. Eight kids by 4 different men by the time she was 30. The moniker didn’t last though … she ended up with 12 before she stopped. The welfare system took quite a hit. I would have been good with the government providing a tubal and multiple vasectomies in this instance…and others that were/are similar.

Back