Majority of United States Faces 'Elevated Risk' of Summer Power Blackouts Amid Green

I can take my gas-powered generator to the gas station and power up a pump or three and pump all the gas I need, assuming the owner will let me. 5 gallons runs the generator for 8 hours and it can power my frige and AC along with a few lights or a TV or two.

On the other hand, if you have an EV you're fucked.

Solar panels can power stuff during the day, but once the sun goes down, you're fucked.

That greentard shit doesn't work when the grid goes down...

Are you saying that is the solution for a blackout? You rightys keep doing that. I will take a generator to the gas station. If the owner does not shoot me, I can fill up my tank. Therefore ICEs are able to continue. Except for the stations close when they have no power. The registers do not work. There was a blackout in 2003. People could not get gas. The ICes do not work when the grid goes down.

Actually solar generators work damn good

They will hold a charge for days and only need daylight to operate and charge up

A solar panel is not a generator, even though it converts sunlight into electricity.
Generators have shafts and windings.

Solar power is the most expensive method of producing power, watt for watt. The panels are expensive, they are subject to damage from hail, wind, bugs, snow, and even sunlight (yes...they wear out from just being exposed to sunlight). The crystal breaks down over time when exposed to UV.

You obviously aren't using any power if your charge holds for days. Most people use more electric power than that. If you try to charge an EV battery from solar cells alone, it will take almost a week to do it.

But the gift is going to force EVs on everyone.

Not gonna happen. Already automotive manufacturers are beginning to abandon the EV. The market just isn't strong enough to make profit at it, particularly with the rising cost of lithium.

For those territories that DO mandate EVs, including semi-trucks and railroads, such as the SDTC (otherwise known as California), it only means no goods will move into, out of, or through the territory.

No. It's not faith when simple reality stares them in the face. A hot summer (running A/Cs and charging electric cars) will weaken the grid.

No, it won't. The WRIC is perfectly capable of supplying power to the western States and the western provinces of Canada.

However, California currently does not generate near enough electrical power. They import most of it now from the WRIC. Those power lines are already overloaded. The WRIC will not sacrifice itself just to keep the lights on in California.
California is going to be forced in to some serious navel gazing while they sit in their hot houses and unable to charge their EVs and unable to get supplies since trucks are going to be outlawed (there is no EV semi-truck that can carry a useful payload).

I read the report. You are lying about it. The areas that are NOT. at elevated risk are generally those with the most solar and wind. Why do you keep lying?

Solar and wind are not enough power, and they are both very expensive methods of producing power. Solar is the most expensive, wind is a close 2nd.

Lots of them, actually, even some needing electricity to run A/Cs. But none straining the electric grid like the upcoming summers having to charge all these electric cars.

....and doing it without the ability to generate sufficient power to run all those air conditioners or charge all those electric cars.

Laserdiscs? Damn, you are old!

:D

He still uses cable TV too!

Apparently he doesn't realize his natural gas powered generator needs electric power to run. The gas company requires it to pump the natural gas.

I don't think he realizes how complex a black start really is.

Right! This the idiocy of leftism. Last summer California had rolling blackouts because they couldn't meet demand then but the numbskulls are going to force everyone to own an EV and everything will be just fine. The govt will soon be deciding when and how far you can travel, for your own good of course and the good to the people. It will be "patriotic" to not use electricity, for the good of everyone. Don't be selfish.

A lot of people are fleeing California for a reason.

You are using a questionable site for your reference.

Watts are watts, dude. You can't get energy out of nothing.
Solar and wind won't cut it. They do not produce enough power. They are piddle power. They are the most expensive methods of producing electric power too, watt for watt.

All these electric cars? You rightys claim nobody is buying them, now we have so many it is a problem.

Less than 1% of the cars on the road are EVs.

Idiot territories like the SDTC want to mandate EVs, not just for cars, but for all vehicles, including semi-trucks.

So...no goods into, out of, or through California.

Back