Majority of United States Faces 'Elevated Risk' of Summer Power Blackouts Amid Green

So you assume, wrongly, that the energy companies are not constantly growing and rebuilding the grid. Wind power supplies 57 percent of Iowa's energy, It is 17 percent in Texas. There are real inroads being made.

Making up numbers is a fallacy, dude.

Only about 17.5% of the total energy generated in Iowa is from wind. 82% of their energy is from coal, oil, natural gas, and biomass (ethanol and diesel fuel). Source: EIA.

Solar and wind will not be. However, when the grid goes down, you cannot buy gas. Pumps and stations require electricity. We will have the same problems you gasbags will have,

Gas stations have generators, dummy. They are fueled by gasoline (which the station has plenty of).

I can take my gas-powered generator to the gas station and power up a pump or three and pump all the gas I need, assuming the owner will let me. 5 gallons runs the generator for 8 hours and it can power my frige and AC along with a few lights or a TV or two.

On the other hand, if you have an EV you're fucked.

Solar panels can power stuff during the day, but once the sun goes down, you're fucked.

That greentard shit doesn't work when the grid goes down...

Many gas stations have gasoline powered generators already. They are, after all, sitting on a big tank of the stuff. They want to keep their pumps running just as bad as you do.

Are you saying that is the solution for a blackout? You rightys keep doing that. I will take a generator to the gas station. If the owner does not shoot me, I can fill up my tank. Therefore ICEs are able to continue. Except for the stations close when they have no power. The registers do not work. There was a blackout in 2003. People could not get gas. The ICes do not work when the grid goes down.

Yes they do. Many gas stations have on site gasoline fueled generators.

:D

He still uses cable TV too!

Apparently he doesn't realize his natural gas powered generator needs electric power to run. The gas company requires it to pump the natural gas.

I don't think he realizes how complex a black start really is.

I still use cable TV!

Back