McCain Acknowledges He May Lose Arizona

blackascoal

The Force is With Me
The McCain campaign's election strategy PowerPoint, published on his website this morning, reveals that the campaign has accepted a remarkable fact: McCain and his advisers have lumped Arizona, the Republican Party presumptive nominee's home state, among what it is considering swing states. In other words, McCain feels he could lose Arizona to Obama, an admission that squares with recent surprising polling data.

In Arizona, and particularly among his home district residents, Sen. John McCain's popularity compared to Sen. Barack Obama's is declining fairly rapidly, according to the most recent poll.

Democratic Congressional candidate Bob Lord, running to represent Arizona's 3rd District, commissioned the poll, which was published last week and reports McCain drawing 48 percent and Obama 43 percent support among residents in the district that the McCain family calls home. Statewide, McCain only leads Obama by an 11-point margin. The surprising poll results add to the growing feeling among analysts that McCain can take nothing for granted against Obama, particularly it seems in McCain's western region of the country.

-- more at link
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dawn-teo/mccain-up-a-mere-five-poi_b_106337.html

The Poll:

The poll also showed that Sen. John McCain has a slimmer-than-expected margin over newly-crowned Democratic opponent Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.), capturing 48 percent to 43 percent if the contest were held today. Pres. George W. Bush won the district in 2004 by 58 percent.

In a match-up between a hypothetical Republican and hypothetical Democrat in the congressional race, 35 percent said they'd vote GOP and 34 percent went Democratic. This does not bode well for the Republican Party in a district with a Cook Partisan Voting Index rating of R+6.
http://politickeraz.com/evanbrown/1416/poll-numbers-lord-show-shadegg-vulnerable

LANDSLIDE.

Remember the Hubabileau they raised when Gore did not win his home state, and what that "said about him"?

I wonder what, using there logic, Arazona being in the Swing State catagory says about Senator McCain?

Remember the Hubabileau they raised when Gore did not win his home state, and what that "said about him"?

I wonder what, using there logic, Arazona being in the Swing State catagory says about Senator McCain?

Your avatar says it all brother.

The McCain campaign's election strategy PowerPoint, published on his website this morning, reveals that the campaign has accepted a remarkable fact: McCain and his advisers have lumped Arizona, the Republican Party presumptive nominee's home state, among what it is considering swing states. In other words, McCain feels he could lose Arizona to Obama, an admission that squares with recent surprising polling data.

In Arizona, and particularly among his home district residents, Sen. John McCain's popularity compared to Sen. Barack Obama's is declining fairly rapidly, according to the most recent poll.

Democratic Congressional candidate Bob Lord, running to represent Arizona's 3rd District, commissioned the poll, which was published last week and reports McCain drawing 48 percent and Obama 43 percent support among residents in the district that the McCain family calls home. Statewide, McCain only leads Obama by an 11-point margin. The surprising poll results add to the growing feeling among analysts that McCain can take nothing for granted against Obama, particularly it seems in McCain's western region of the country.

-- more at link

The Poll:

The poll also showed that Sen. John McCain has a slimmer-than-expected margin over newly-crowned Democratic opponent Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.), capturing 48 percent to 43 percent if the contest were held today. Pres. George W. Bush won the district in 2004 by 58 percent.

In a match-up between a hypothetical Republican and hypothetical Democrat in the congressional race, 35 percent said they'd vote GOP and 34 percent went Democratic. This does not bode well for the Republican Party in a district with a Cook Partisan Voting Index rating of R+6.
http://politickeraz.com/evanbrown/1416/poll-numbers-lord-show-shadegg-vulnerable

LANDSLIDE.

Holy Shit! I would laugh my ass off if this happened for many reasons, but none more than I can’t count how many times I heard about the stolen 200 election “if only Gore could have taken his home state, that loser”. Oh, this would be sweet, very sweet.

Holy Shit! I would laugh my ass off if this happened for many reasons, but none more than I can’t count how many times I heard about the stolen 200 election “if only Gore could have taken his home state, that loser”. Oh, this would be sweet, very sweet.

There is going to be mucho payback stick it up their ass sweetness from this election.

They may become the Whigs.

Arizona is not the same state it has been in decades past. Lots of So Cal people moved there when the housing prices were up.

Can you say leaning liberal?

Oh there will be not let up by the dems in this election.

Even at blowout pace the spector of past thieft of elections will not let us slow the pace.

A big deal was made about it because had Gore won his home state he would have won the Presidency. If McCain loses Arizona and that costs him the Presidency you can guarantee a big deal will be made about it.

A big deal was made about it because had Gore won his home state he would have won the Presidency. If McCain loses Arizona and that costs him the Presidency you can guarantee a big deal will be made about it.

I was told that loosing your home state illistrated that Gore was not fit to be presidnet.

-- more at link

The Poll:

LANDSLIDE.

LMAO.... his "acknowledgement" is based on him putting up an electoral map of all states that came within 10 points in 2004. He didn't "acknowledge" he could lose. He is not making the same mistake as gore and taking anything for granted.

He has an 11 point lead in AZ. He is not going to lose that state. You are truly delusional trying to put forth Huffington's assertion as anything other than left wing spin. You want to laugh....

Laugh at the fact that McCain is up 8 points in FL and 3 in Michigan. Laugh when he also takes WI. This is coming down to about a ten electoral vote win for one of these two. Your landslide will not occur.

Like I said before.... create a wager... doesn't have to be for money. Let me know the electoral spread you consider a landslide and we will go from there.

LMAO.... his "acknowledgement" is based on him putting up an electoral map of all states that came within 10 points in 2004. He didn't "acknowledge" he could lose. He is not making the same mistake as gore and taking anything for granted.

He has an 11 point lead in AZ. He is not going to lose that state. You are truly delusional trying to put forth Huffington's assertion as anything other than left wing spin. You want to laugh....

Laugh at the fact that McCain is up 8 points in FL and 3 in Michigan. Laugh when he also takes WI. This is coming down to about a ten electoral vote win for one of these two. Your landslide will not occur.

Like I said before.... create a wager... doesn't have to be for money. Let me know the electoral spread you consider a landslide and we will go from there.
Shhh.... They want to live for a while in a belief that this will be an easy trip through a field of poppies... poppies... poppies...

The latest Wisconsin poll has McCain down by 13 points. The latest Michigan poll has McCain down by 3 points. The latest Florida poll has McCain up by 3 points but it came out before Hillary bailed. Meanwhile, Obama is up by 7-8 points in Colorado, up 7 points in Virginia, tied in Missouri, scarcely behind in North Carolina, up 7-8 in Iowa, up 4-9 points in Ohio, and up 9 in New Mexico. And some of these are pre-Hillary's departure.

The latest Wisconsin poll has McCain down by 13 points. The latest Michigan poll has McCain down by 3 points. The latest Florida poll has McCain up by 3 points but it came out before Hillary bailed. Meanwhile, Obama is up by 7-8 points in Colorado, up 7 points in Virginia, tied in Missouri, scarcely behind in North Carolina, up 7-8 in Iowa, up 4-9 points in Ohio, and up 9 in New Mexico. And some of these are pre-Hillary's departure.

Hmmm. Who is delusional SF?

Yeah, I think I will wait on a poll done by someone other than UW. It is their first poll and it is the liberal center of Wisconsin. I saw it, but I will take it with a large grain of salt. Especially since it comes from an in-state rival to my Marquette. Color me biased on this one.... I don't trust anything out of them stinkin badgers.

Had not seen that recent one for Michigan. Thanks for pointing that out. But I do not see the one you are referring to in Florida on Realclearpolitics. Could you link me to it? Thanks.

Back