McCain Acknowledges He May Lose Arizona

Yeah, I think I will wait on a poll done by someone other than UW. It is their first poll and it is the liberal center of Wisconsin. I saw it, but I will take it with a large grain of salt. Especially since it comes from an in-state rival to my Marquette. Color me biased on this one.... I don't trust anything out of them stinkin badgers.

How's your basketball coach looking at Marquette right now?

Hmmm. Who is delusional SF?

Ummm not me. I mentioned three of the states he did. WI... which I addressed. Florida, which I asked for a link as I have not seen the poll he references.... and Michigan, which I acknowledged that there was a more recent poll that I had not seen that showed me out of date a bit.

Like I said, anyone who wants to define what they see as an electoral landslide and then wants to wager upon it.... feel free to state your terms.

Side note... your definition has to be at least the caliber of Clinton over Dole to be considered for qualification.

As for Wisconsin, you can discount the Badger poll all you like, but take a peek at the Rasmussen polls from May and June. From May 5 to June 6 the Rasmussen poll shows a 4 point McCain lead turn into a 2 point Obama lead. That's a significant swing and is consistent with other Wisconsin polls showing increasing support for Obama and decreasing support for McCain.

Remember the Hubabileau they raised when Gore did not win his home state, and what that "said about him"?

I wonder what, using there logic, Arazona being in the Swing State catagory says about Senator McCain?

yeah I have been thinking along those same lines :)

but of course to some it does not mean anything when it is a republican.

As for Wisconsin, you can discount the Badger poll all you like, but take a peek at the Rasmussen polls from May and June. From May 5 to June 6 the Rasmussen poll shows a 4 point McCain lead turn into a 2 point Obama lead. That's a significant swing and is consistent with other Wisconsin polls showing increasing support for Obama and decreasing support for McCain.

Yes, I do realize that WI has shifted towards Obama as it continued to become clearer to even Hillary supporters that he was going to be the nominee. But my prediction is that WI once again comes down to a percent difference and McCain will take the state. VP's candidates could change my opinion as this state is close enough to go either way.

Yes, I do realize that WI has shifted towards Obama as it continued to become clearer to even Hillary supporters that he was going to be the nominee. But my prediction is that WI once again comes down to a percent difference and McCain will take the state. VP's candidates could change my opinion as this state is close enough to go either way.

Seriously, that sh*thole of a state could go for McCain? I find that hard to believe.

Carefull not to count your chickens...

C'mon brother .. let go.

Enjoy this moment and appreciate its historical significance.

Sure, anything can happen .. but at THIS moment, enjoy yourself, but more importantly understand that you are standing in the middle of history.

At THIS moment, John McCain is a walking late night routine .. a living cannon ball with a short fuse who heads a party that is about to pay a severe political price for allowing the neocons to control them.

That's what's happening at this moment.

I don't say this of you personally as I've read many of your posts .. much love for you brother .. and you certainly don't fit in this category, but the left has got to learn to be tougher, to be aggressive, to be more determined.

The pause I have is wondering if the left is actually strong enough to rule .. do they have the courage of their convictions.

BUT .. at THIS moment ... :)

LMAO.... his "acknowledgement" is based on him putting up an electoral map of all states that came within 10 points in 2004. He didn't "acknowledge" he could lose. He is not making the same mistake as gore and taking anything for granted.

He has an 11 point lead in AZ. He is not going to lose that state. You are truly delusional trying to put forth Huffington's assertion as anything other than left wing spin. You want to laugh....

Laugh at the fact that McCain is up 8 points in FL and 3 in Michigan. Laugh when he also takes WI. This is coming down to about a ten electoral vote win for one of these two. Your landslide will not occur.

Like I said before.... create a wager... doesn't have to be for money. Let me know the electoral spread you consider a landslide and we will go from there.

Soimetimes I really like your posts.

They make me smile .. which turns into a giggle .. which turns into an eyes-closed laugh until I cough joyful time.

I'm not making fun of your my brother but I understand your plight.

You actually have to make yourself believe that bullshit you typed .. I don't.

First, you mised this ...

The McCain campaign's election strategy PowerPoint, published on his website this morning, reveals that the campaign has accepted a remarkable fact: McCain and his advisers have lumped Arizona, the Republican Party presumptive nominee's home state, among what it is considering swing states. In other words, McCain feels he could lose Arizona to Obama, an admission that squares with recent surprising polling data.

I ask you .. what does the Huffington Post have to do with this?

Isn't your argument with McCain and his campaign?

I feel you my friend. I believe you have a good conscience .. but you're tied to a dead horse .. and I think you know it. The general just got started and McCain is in trouble already.

Do you think there is ANY possibility that Obama will lose Illinois?

Any possibility McCain will turn a blue state red?

McCain will be spending money in his own state trying to win .. money which will not come close to Obama's sure-to-be record shattering fundraising totals. People are voting already .. with their money.

I laugh because I don't believe for one moment that you believe McCain has a snowball's chance in Hell.

"Polls this early are useless."

- Blackascoal two days ago.

[ame="http://justplainpolitics.com/showpost.php?p=280072&postcount=6"]Just Plain Politics! - View Single Post - Obama will not win the general if...[/ame]

Well, BAC isn't citing polls. He's pointing out that McCockhole and Co have placed AZ in the swing state section. Whether McCornhole based it on polls is technically irrelevant. So, while it appears on the surface as though you may have "faced" BAC, upon further examination, you have not.

BAC cites a poll as a part of his argument:

"The Poll:

The poll also showed that Sen. John McCain has a slimmer-than-expected margin over newly-crowned Democratic opponent Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.), capturing 48 percent to 43 percent if the contest were held today. Pres. George W. Bush won the district in 2004 by 58 percent."

So now you both are faced.

God don't you ever get sick of losing?

Back