McCain Acknowledges He May Lose Arizona

LOL.

Seriously, there are few things in the world better right now for Obama than Barr's candidacy. Taking him as VP would hurt his ticket (by a lot) amongst the base, causing many to go back to Nader, and it would mean he'd be crippled whenever it came to spoilers.

But Barr and Nader cancel each other out this election, so it's finally a fair race.

Thanks, I wasn't sure how it was going to effect the race, and I forgot about Nader.
Sheesh, he is a die hard, you must say that about him!

BAC cites a poll as a part of his argument:

So now you both are faced.

God don't you ever get sick of losing?

Jeez .. you are dumb.

I'm not citing any polls.

I'm citing THE McCAIN CAMPAIGN

Read this really really slow ...

The McCain campaign's election strategy PowerPoint, published on his website this morning, reveals that the campaign has accepted a remarkable fact: McCain and his advisers have lumped Arizona, the Republican Party presumptive nominee's home state, among what it is considering swing states. In other words, McCain feels he could lose Arizona to Obama, an admission that squares with recent surprising polling data.

I'm betting you're still confused.

Thanks, I wasn't sure how it was going to effect the race, and I forgot about Nader.
Sheesh, he is a die hard, you must say that about him!

f

i thought hat nader was DOA at the polls - too many people blame him for bush winning florida

Well, BAC isn't citing polls. He's pointing out that McCockhole and Co have placed AZ in the swing state section. Whether McCornhole based it on polls is technically irrelevant. So, while it appears on the surface as though you may have "faced" BAC, upon further examination, you have not.

Thank you sir ..

Soimetimes I really like your posts.

They make me smile .. which turns into a giggle .. which turns into an eyes-closed laugh until I cough joyful time.

I'm not making fun of your my brother but I understand your plight.

You actually have to make yourself believe that bullshit you typed .. I don't.

First, you mised this ...

The McCain campaign's election strategy PowerPoint, published on his website this morning, reveals that the campaign has accepted a remarkable fact: McCain and his advisers have lumped Arizona, the Republican Party presumptive nominee's home state, among what it is considering swing states. In other words, McCain feels he could lose Arizona to Obama, an admission that squares with recent surprising polling data.

I ask you .. what does the Huffington Post have to do with this?

Isn't your argument with McCain and his campaign?

I feel you my friend. I believe you have a good conscience .. but you're tied to a dead horse .. and I think you know it. The general just got started and McCain is in trouble already.

Do you think there is ANY possibility that Obama will lose Illinois?

Any possibility McCain will turn a blue state red?

McCain will be spending money in his own state trying to win .. money which will not come close to Obama's sure-to-be record shattering fundraising totals. People are voting already .. with their money.

I laugh because I don't believe for one moment that you believe McCain has a snowball's chance in Hell.

LMAO.... I feel the same about your posts... the over the top optimism is comical. Predictions of landslides over and over again, yet I can't help but notice there are still no takers on a wager on the issue. If you are so positive of this pending landslide.... put up or shut up.... as they say. :)

As I said, McCain is smart enough to know that he should not take any vote for granted or even make it appear that he is. He knows this is a very tough time for Reps. So he acknowledges he has to earn the votes... even in his home state. Which is a smart move.

As for the powerpoint.... AGAIN.... do try to pay attention this time.... The Huffington post is the one that said "McCain is acknowledging he could lose AZ" .... not McCain. McCain simply put up an electoral map that showed every state won by a party in 2004 by less than 10%... which includes AZ.

These words...."In other words, McCain feels he could lose Arizona to Obama, an admission that squares with recent surprising polling data." are from HUFFINGTON. It is their interpretation of what that electoral map "means".

Like I also said.... any wager you want on AZ. Put up or shut up.

No, I do not think there is any chance Obama loses IL, nor did I ever suggest such stupidity. Nor do I think there is ANY chance McCain loses AZ.... and I will back that with any wager you want.

You are absolutely incorrect. McCain does have a chance.... that is apparent to all but the Obama worshippers. Yes, I do believe at this moment Obama will win. But as I stated, I think this comes down to 10-20 electoral votes one way or the other. I think you are delusional to predict a landslide. But all kidding aside, I do understand where that kind of optimism comes from. It is an historical nomination and I do think he would be a good leader who could bring this country back together (at least as much as it can be).

But a landslide..... :foil:

Jeez .. you are dumb.

I'm not citing any polls.

I'm citing THE McCAIN CAMPAIGN

Read this really really slow ...

I'm betting you're still confused.

Actually my friend... you are citing the Huffintonposts authors INTERPRETATION of what the chart "implies". Or perhaps you could show us where the McCain camp actually says he could lose AZ. ooooops.

LMAO.... I feel the same about your posts... the over the top optimism is comical. Predictions of landslides over and over again, yet I can't help but notice there are still no takers on a wager on the issue. If you are so positive of this pending landslide.... put up or shut up.... as they say. :)

As I said, McCain is smart enough to know that he should not take any vote for granted or even make it appear that he is. He knows this is a very tough time for Reps. So he acknowledges he has to earn the votes... even in his home state. Which is a smart move.

As for the powerpoint.... AGAIN.... do try to pay attention this time.... The Huffington post is the one that said "McCain is acknowledging he could lose AZ" .... not McCain. McCain simply put up an electoral map that showed every state won by a party in 2004 by less than 10%... which includes AZ.

These words...."In other words, McCain feels he could lose Arizona to Obama, an admission that squares with recent surprising polling data." are from HUFFINGTON. It is their interpretation of what that electoral map "means".

Like I also said.... any wager you want on AZ. Put up or shut up.

No, I do not think there is any chance Obama loses IL, nor did I ever suggest such stupidity. Nor do I think there is ANY chance McCain loses AZ.... and I will back that with any wager you want.

You are absolutely incorrect. McCain does have a chance.... that is apparent to all but the Obama worshippers. Yes, I do believe at this moment Obama will win. But as I stated, I think this comes down to 10-20 electoral votes one way or the other. I think you are delusional to predict a landslide. But all kidding aside, I do understand where that kind of optimism comes from. It is an historical nomination and I do think he would be a good leader who could bring this country back together (at least as much as it can be).

But a landslide..... :foil:

I knew you'd come back with a really funny post. :)

First .. before I get into the funny stuff .. I was then, and would be now, every bit as enthusiastic about Bobby Kennedy as I am about Barack Obama. Most Americans don't know that Bobby was far more conscientious than his brother John .. perhaps more conscientious than Barack.

So while I certainly celebrate the election of the first African-American president, that's not why I'm enthusiastic, nor is even why I support him. If he were JC Watts, Colin Powell, Condalezza Rice, Harold Ford, John Lewis, or a host of other black faces, I wouldn't be supporting him.

Obama becoming the REAL first black president is not why I support him.

My support is based on my recognition that America is in deep shit .. just like everybody else .. including the millions of white, hispanic, and asian people who support him.

Now for the funny stuff ..

Make no mistake about it .. I was paying attention .. you pat attention to this ...

Acknowledge: to recognize as genuine or valid

Swing state: (also, battleground state or purple state) in United States presidential politics is a state in which no candidate has overwhelming support, meaning that any of the major candidates have a reasonable chance of winning the state's electoral college votes.

Thus .. The McCain campaign put up an electoral map that ACKNOWLEDGES that McCain could lose his own state. Acknowledge is not the same as "to speak."

And no sir I do not want to bet, and if you pay close attention you'll see that I've never said McCain will lose Az. I'm just acknowledging the same thing McCain has acknowledge .. which is the REAL news here that you avoid my brother.

Shades of Al Gore

I understand your problem with the Huffington Post .. truth is like oil and water on the right side of the world. :) It burns them like sunlight on a vampire.

Why shouldn't he be able to take his own state for granted?

For a war hero he sure has a lot of problems with vets.

This election will not be close .. and by the time November rolls around most people will know for fact that McCain should never be the president.

I feel you brother .. but be assured that we always welcome you here when you return from the Matrix.

We'll leave the light on for ya.' :)

I knew you'd come back with a really funny post. :)

First .. before I get into the funny stuff .. I was then, and would be now, every bit as enthusiastic about Bobby Kennedy as I am about Barack Obama. Most Americans don't know that Bobby was far more conscientious than his brother John .. perhaps more conscientious than Barack.

So while I certainly celebrate the election of the first African-American president, that's not why I'm enthusiastic, nor is even why I support him. If he were JC Watts, Colin Powell, Condalezza Rice, Harold Ford, John Lewis, or a host of other black faces, I wouldn't be supporting him.

Obama becoming the REAL first black president is not why I support him.

My support is based on my recognition that America is in deep shit .. just like everybody else .. including the millions of white, hispanic, and asian people who support him.

Now for the funny stuff ..

Make no mistake about it .. I was paying attention .. you pat attention to this ...

Acknowledge: to recognize as genuine or valid

Swing state: (also, battleground state or purple state) in United States presidential politics is a state in which no candidate has overwhelming support, meaning that any of the major candidates have a reasonable chance of winning the state's electoral college votes.

Thus .. The McCain campaign put up an electoral map that ACKNOWLEDGES that McCain could lose his own state. Acknowledge is not the same as "to speak."

And no sir I do not want to bet, and if you pay close attention you'll see that I've never said McCain will lose Az. I'm just acknowledging the same thing McCain has acknowledge .. which is the REAL news here that you avoid my brother.

Shades of Al Gore

I understand your problem with the Huffington Post .. truth is like oil and water on the right side of the world. :) It burns them like sunlight on a vampire.

Why shouldn't he be able to take his own state for granted?

For a war hero he sure has a lot of problems with vets.

This election will not be close .. and by the time November rolls around most people will know for fact that McCain should never be the president.

I feel you brother .. but be assured that we always welcome you here when you return from the Matrix.

We'll leave the light on for ya.' :)

I did not mean to imply that was the only reason you were optimistic. My fault if I gave that impression.

The reason he should not take his state for granted is that it has consistently been a swing state in the past.... AND he doesn't want to be like Gore. Again, he put all states that were swing states in 2004 on that map... meaning they were all swing states THEN. He very likely does not want to marginalize any of them by ASSUMING they will swing his way despite polls showing him up 11% over Obama in AZ.

Tell you what, I'll disconnect from "the matrix" right about the same time you set down the kool-aid. :eek:

Side note.... again you state that this election is not going to be close. Put forth your numbers.... we can simply make it a gentlemens bet... no money involved at all. Give your range of how many more electoral votes Obama will have over McCain. 270 to win.... Do you think he breaks 300? 330? 400?

HOW big of a "landslide" is it going to be in fantasy land? :)

I did not mean to imply that was the only reason you were optimistic. My fault if I gave that impression.

The reason he should not take his state for granted is that it has consistently been a swing state in the past.... AND he doesn't want to be like Gore. Again, he put all states that were swing states in 2004 on that map... meaning they were all swing states THEN. He very likely does not want to marginalize any of them by ASSUMING they will swing his way despite polls showing him up 11% over Obama in AZ.

Tell you what, I'll disconnect from "the matrix" right about the same time you set down the kool-aid. :eek:

Side note.... again you state that this election is not going to be close. Put forth your numbers.... we can simply make it a gentlemens bet... no money involved at all. Give your range of how many more electoral votes Obama will have over McCain. 270 to win.... Do you think he breaks 300? 330? 400?

HOW big of a "landslide" is it going to be in fantasy land? :)

I know you didn't imply it .. I just had to say it. No disrespect or fault intended to you at all.

I believe the electoral college totals will be in the range of ...
Obama 450
McCain 80

I'm serious ..

Trust me .. I have the gift. :)

I know you didn't imply it .. I just had to say it. No disrespect or fault intended to you at all.

I believe the electoral college totals will be in the range of ...
Obama 450
McCain 80

I'm serious ..

Trust me .. I have the gift. :)

ROFLMAO....

you really should have saved that amazing humor for a monday.... .

Right now, I'll say....

Obama 276
McCain 262

Back