McCain cant count how many houses he has....

CanadianKid

Quote of the Day
"I think -- I'll have my staff get to you."

-- Sen. John McCain, quoted by Politico, when asked how many homes he owns.

CK

Quote of the Day
"I think -- I'll have my staff get to you."

-- Sen. John McCain, quoted by Politico, when asked how many homes he owns.

CK

To be fair, CK, it is a complex question.

Query: does a single property with six dwellings count as one home or six. Query: if you buy two luxury condos and then convert it into one super-luxury condo does it count as one home or two, or maybe one and a half? Query: if you purchase a $700,000 condo for your daughter upon college graduation but keep the deed in your name does it count as one of your homes? Query: do rental properties count?

It just may be that he really hasn't a clue to what real estate is held in his name OR his wife's name, the latter being more problematic.

From McCain spokesman Brian Rogers, in response to the Obama campaign's new offensive on John McCain's houses:

Does a guy who made more than $4 million last year, just got back from vacation on a private beach in Hawaii and bought his own million-dollar mansion with the help of a convicted felon really want to get into a debate about houses? Does a guy who worries about the price of arugula and thinks regular people “cling” to guns and religion in the face of economic hardship really want to have a debate about who’s in touch with regular Americans?

The reality is that Barack Obama’s plans to raise taxes and opposition to producing more energy here at home as gas prices skyrocket show he’s completely out of touch with the concerns of average Americans.​

To be fair, CK, it is a complex question.

Query: does a single property with six dwellings count as one home or six. Query: if you buy two luxury condos and then convert it into one super-luxury condo does it count as one home or two, or maybe one and a half? Query: if you purchase a $700,000 condo for your daughter upon college graduation but keep the deed in your name does it count as one of your homes? Query: do rental properties count?

Ummmm, most people know how many properties they own. And if he said one property for a multi family, that's easy enough to clarify.

McCain is an elitist and completely out of touch withe rest of us peons.

It just may be that he really hasn't a clue to what real estate is held in his name OR his wife's name, the latter being more problematic.

From McCain spokesman Brian Rogers, in response to the Obama campaign's new offensive on John McCain's houses:

Does a guy who made more than $4 million last year, just got back from vacation on a private beach in Hawaii and bought his own million-dollar mansion with the help of a convicted felon really want to get into a debate about houses? Does a guy who worries about the price of arugula and thinks regular people “cling” to guns and religion in the face of economic hardship really want to have a debate about who’s in touch with regular Americans?

The reality is that Barack Obama’s plans to raise taxes and opposition to producing more energy here at home as gas prices skyrocket show he’s completely out of touch with the concerns of average Americans.​

what's wrong with worrying about the price of arugula?

Ummmm, most people know how many properties they own. And if he said one property for a multi family, that's easy enough to clarify.

McCain is an elitist and completely out of touch withe rest of us peons.

I can’t even get over this one. But yesterday he actually agreed with a woman in his audience who said we need the draft back…and other than Olberman, where has that gotten play? I mean, my friends and I are emailing it all over, and putting it on message boards, but besides for us?

I can’t even get over this one. But yesterday he actually agreed with a woman in his audience who said we need the draft back…and other than Olberman, where has that gotten play? I mean, my friends and I are emailing it all over, and putting it on message boards, but besides for us?

LOL Seriously........

"I'll get back to you on that one?"

Please. There is no excuse for that. I'm sure Obama knows how many residential properties he owns.

Send me the forward about the draft. I'll spam it to everyone and their grandmother.

LOL Seriously........

"I'll get back to you on that one?"

Please. There is no excuse for that. I'm sure Obama knows how many residential properties he owns.

Send me the forward about the draft. I'll spam it to everyone and their grandmother.

Ok. I don't have your email with me here, so I will pm it to you

Most normal people have no idea what arugula is. Worry away. It will have the same effect of being awed by the awesome power of the laser scanner.

ummmm, arugula is not that exotic. Its in every grocery store I've gone to, in just about every starter salad in tons of restaurants, and it always adds a little spice to any bed of greens.

ummmm, arugula is not that exotic. Its in every grocery store I've gone to, in just about every starter salad in tons of restaurants, and it always adds a little spice to any bed of greens.
And it doesn't change what I stated one iota.

This is like saying, "If 1/3 of the population of the Earth are Chinese people, how is it that I never met one?"

Your personal experience with arugula notwithstanding, it is odd enough that most spell checkers don't even have the word on their list. Most people have no idea what it is, and is not a good example of how in touch a candidate is.

seriously? Could you provide a link? Thanks.

This thread is very boring. I don't care how many houses he has any more than I care how many Desh owns, nor do I expect you to care about how many I own.

Most normal people have no idea what arugula is. Worry away. It will have the same effect of being awed by the awesome power of the laser scanner.

Yeah, keep trying to sell it, Kathi’s buying.

Arugula is sold in every day, "normal" stores now Damo. Of course, it’s unnatural to want to feed your kids Arugula, a vegetable that if you are not eating you should be, it’s got great vitamins in it, but stealing your “family recipes” from the food network is totally “regular guy”. Not to mention…nothing “elitist” about “passion fruit mousse”

Do you dummies even see yourselves?

Do you think you would have known about this if Obama had said this yesterday? Why is the media refusing to cover this?

Yeah, keep trying to sell it, Kathi’s buying.

Arugula is sold in every day, "normal" stores now Damo. Of course, it’s unnatural to want to feed your kids Arugula, a vegetable that if you are not eating you should be, it’s got great vitamins in it, but stealing your “family recipes” from the food network is totally “regular guy”. Not to mention…nothing “elitist” about “passion fruit mousse”

Do you dummies even see yourselves?
The statement was not an accusation, it was an observation. Picking 'lettuce' over 'arugula' would be a far more 'in touch'.

Why is it you assume that every statement of mine is in some way supporting McCain?

She asked a question, I gave my observation there was nothing about McCain in my observation at all. Most people, except apparently the shoppers in your area, do not have any idea what arugula is.

The "They do it too!" defense is sad when nobody 'attacked'.

And it doesn't change what I stated one iota.

This is like saying, "If 1/3 of the population of the Earth are Chinese people, how is it that I never met one?"

Your personal experience with arugula notwithstanding, it is odd enough that most spell checkers don't even have the word on their list. Most people have no idea what it is, and is not a good example of how in touch a candidate is.

I never said it had anything to do with how in or out of touch he was. I was just trying to figure out why something as tasty as arugula was being maligned.

Anyway, I think you're wrong. I'm pretty sure most people know what arugla is. Well, the people in my area. I don't speak for the south. That's a whole nother ball of wax.

Back