McCain cant count how many houses he has....

The statement was not an accusation, it was an observation. Picking 'lettuce' over 'arugula' would be a far more 'in touch'.

Why is it you assume that every statement of mine is in some way supporting McCain? She asked a question, I gave my observation. Most people, except apparently the shoppers in your area, do not have any idea what arugula is.

FAr more Americans have eaten arugula than passion fruit mousse. And it's in every grocery store here, are you saying arugula is not sold in stores by you?

This thread is very boring. I don't care how many houses he has any more than I care how many Desh owns, nor do I expect you to care about how many I own.

Politically speaking it was a bad answer by McCain. I don't know what their family deal is if they are all in Cindy's name or they are real estate investments or just vacation homes.

I never said it had anything to do with how in or out of touch he was. I was just trying to figure out why something as tasty as arugula was being maligned.

Anyway, I think you're wrong. I'm pretty sure most people know what arugla is. Well, the people in my area. I don't speak for the south. That's a whole nother ball of wax.
Ah, arugula wasn't being maligned. A simple observation was being made. If you want to show how 'in touch' you are pick something like 'corn', it is clear then that everybody knows what it is you are talking about.

I never said it had anything to do with how in or out of touch he was. I was just trying to figure out why something as tasty as arugula was being maligned.

Anyway, I think you're wrong. I'm pretty sure most people know what arugla is. Well, the people in my area. I don't speak for the south. That's a whole nother ball of wax.

They’ll learn about it if you can deep fry it. Like, fried green tomatoes.

Politically speaking it was a bad answer by McCain. I don't know what their family deal is if they are all in Cindy's name or they are real estate investments or just vacation homes.

Wow…when even Cawacko can grasp something.
Damo, you really need to refine your “I’m not a McCain supporter” act.

Ah, arugula wasn't being maligned. A simple observation was being made. If you want to show how 'in touch' you are pick something like 'corn', it is clear then that everybody knows what it is you are talking about.

There was definitely some unjust maligning of arugula and/or people who are interested in arugula's prices.

Wow…when even Cawacko can grasp something.
Damo, you really need to refine your “I’m not a McCain supporter” act.

I can't over that their 7 or 8 homes are only valued at $14 million? WTF is that? And that includes their main house which is like $6 mil. Now I'm jaded by California's outrageous prices and they could be investment properties not in CA or NY and therefore not that expensive. But damn the rest of the U.S. is cheap.

I can't over that their 7 or 8 homes are only valued at $14 million? WTF is that? And that includes their main house which is like $6 mil. Now I'm jaded by California's outrageous prices and they could be investment properties not in CA or NY and therefore not that expensive. But damn the rest of the U.S. is cheap.

One of the homes is the one his mom lives in and is run in a blind trust. Still technically in the McCain's name, but providing for his mom. What an evil bastard.

As for real estate, yes, you morons in SoCal and those in the Northeast vastly overpay for your real estate.

See, if you spent less money in bars, and more of it taking girls out to restaurants that serve arugula salads, you would have lots more sex!

First.... in order to take more women out, he has to figure out how to get them to say "yes".

Second... if you encourage him to spend less time in bars, you will get fewer drunken posts from him.

True, it was a bad statement. It still wouldn't change what I thought of their policy, nor does it convince me one is more 'in touch' or 'out of touch' with my own plight. The very idea that either of two people who have worked on Budgets that overspend by billions while still suggesting even more government programs that will add to that with very little increased revenue have some sort of magic 'in touch' vibe is laughable.

Back