McCain cant count how many houses he has....

Certain aspects of it, yes. At least the topic of the OP.

Talk about being off topic, but since you asked, I own two. If I had the McCain's portfolio, I would own more, and with the exception of my primary residence and a vacation home or two, I'd be buying and selling them often. So often, in fact, I would likely lose track of the exact number.

LOL @ "talk a bout being off topic" Einstein, that was the topic.

And if you bought and sold so many houses you couldn't keep track, you'd be an elitist. Trying to paint some out to be an elitist and then maligning them for the very thing you clearly embody is hypocritical and not a characteristic America needs in a president.

Vote for Change.
Obama 2008

Actually, I would have met up with you and Damo if I had gone. But it just wasn’t something I considered because I’m not all up in the “lets protest the dems” thing right this moment. I have done it plenty in the past, but…not this close to the election. And then by the time they offered me this, I’m not in the position to just take off. Especially with my director on maternity leave.
That's a shame. We'd have regaled you with stories of the board. Well, maybe not, it is rather boring in RL.

The whole thing is cracking me up. and I loooovve how everyone is trying to avoid the whole "Passion fruit mousse" thing. You know, just like the media did while pouncing on arugula.

Speaking of which I have no idea what you and Damo are talking about with this passion fruit mousse crap.

Speaking of which I have no idea what you and Damo are talking about with this passion fruit mousse crap.

Ok, because, both Michelle Obama and Cindy McCain were asked to give a couple of "family recipes" to Ladies home journal. So, Cindy McCain's "family recipe" was Passion Fruit Mousse, and some kind of Salmon dish. Now of course, there is nothing "elitist" about Passion Fruit Mousse, I mean every schmuck in America is eating passion fruit mousse, and in Colorado, they bathe in it, ok? But arugula? Normal people have never even heard of it!

to top this off, the former drug-stealing wanna be first lady, STOLE the recipes from the food network site. Which the campaign then blamed on a "low level staffer"...as if Cindy didn't have a record.

And no, I did not make any of the above up...that's the scary part.

Someone explain the arugula thing to me please....or at least point me to the thread where it started.

LOL - I get like that sometimes too. When you don't feel like reading the whole thread, but you want to be up to speed......

here's the rundown:

We were all discussing how out of touch, elisting and filthy rich McCain and his drug addict/thieving wife are. When kathianne pointed to Rogers trying to paintObama as elitist by saying he worries about the price of arugula.

Now, number one arugula is one tasty and common green found in many salads served at restaurants throughout the country. Its not elitist in anyway.

Ok, because, both Michelle Obama and Cindy McCain were asked to give a couple of "family recipes" to Ladies home journal. So, Cindy McCain's "family recipe" was Passion Fruit Mousse, and some kind of Salmon dish. Now of course, there is nothing "elitist" about Passion Fruit Mousse, I mean every schmuck in America is eating passion fruit mousse, and in Colorado, they bathe in it, ok? But arugula? Normal people have never even heard of it!

to top this off, the former drug-stealing wanna be first lady, STOLE the recipes from the food network site. Which the campaign then blamed on a "low level staffer"...as if Cindy didn't have a record.

And no, I did not make any of the above up...that's the scary part.

OMG. republicans are such retards.

LOL - I get like that sometimes too. When you don't feel like reading the whole thread, but you want to be up to speed......

here's the rundown:

We were all discussing how out of touch, elisting and filthy rich McCain and his drug addict/thieving wife are. When kathianne pointed to Rogers trying to paintObama as elitist by saying he worries about the price of arugula.

Now, number one arugula is one tasty and common green found in many salads served at restaurants throughout the country. Its not elitist in anyway.
Again, so common it is not found in any spell checker software. That's "common". :rolleyes:

They have a misconception that since it is common in one area that it is common everywhere and that people should know what it is like they know what rice is.

My point isn't that one is more 'in touch' than the other, it is that if I were an advisor I would suggest he use something like rice or milk, a staple that one can be sure every single person knows.

OK, what's the deal with the arugula? Someone making fun of Obama because he has arugula on his salad?

OK, what's the deal with the arugula? Someone making fun of Obama because he has arugula on his salad?

I'm sure someone else posted, but I can't resist:

Again, the crowd applauded and laughed. One line that landed a little flat, though, was when Mr. Obama sympathetically noted that farmers have not seen an increase in prices for their crops, despite a rise in prices at the supermarket.

“Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?” the senator said. “I mean, they’re charging a lot of money for this stuff.”

The state of Iowa, for all of its vast food production, does not have a Whole Foods, a leading natural and organic foods market. The closest? Omaha, Minneapolis or Kansas City.

Again, so common it is not found in any spell checker software. That's "common". :rolleyes:

They have a misconception that since it is common in one area that it is common everywhere and that people should know what it is like they know what rice is.

My point isn't that one is more 'in touch' than the other, it is that if I were an advisor I would suggest he use something like rice or milk, a staple that one can be sure every single person knows.

this is what you originally said:

Most normal people have no idea what arugula is.

Back