McCain cheated on his first wife, repetedly

I perfer fa person who has enough entgrity to not cheat on their spouse but its not a deal killer for me.

I do hate it when those who claim moral superiority ignore the piccadillos of their team while harping on the piccadillos of the other team.

If these things are hidden from the people there is always the fear of caving into blackmail at some point in the future.

I dotn want my President to have blackmailable secrets.

I'm always fascinated to know why the private life of a politician is so important. Is it because the policy issues are boring? Or is a bit of extra-martial banging easier to understand?

Last edited:
I'm always fascinated to know why the private life of a politician is so important. Is it because the policy issues are boring? Or is a bit of extra-martial banging easier to understand?
I think it begins as trust issues. If their family can't trust them who can?

Of course I'm just speculating because it matters not at all to me.

I think it begins as trust issues. If their family can't trust them who can?

Of course I'm just speculating because it matters not at all to me.

Okay the trust thing makes sense from a certain perspective. But even a president is subjected to strong checks and balances, so there must be an expectation that a president, being a politician, will use lies and deceit as part of the political process. So, character is irrelevant.

A president who is able to lie persuasively and to be deceitful at the level of a sociopath is going to bump up against the checks and balances anyway.

The dirt that exsists arround them needs to be publically vetted to prevent any of it from being possible black mail material while they are in office.

I dont think this stuff is a deal killer for my vote.

I think its just we need to know their piccadillos to make a safer public servant of them. Those who preach should always follow what they preach.

Bill was a rounder and still got elected.

The dirt that exsists arround them needs to be publically vetted to prevent any of it from being possible black mail material while they are in office.

I dont think this stuff is a deal killer for my vote.

I think its just we need to know their piccadillos to make a safer public servant of them. Those who preach should always follow what they preach.

Bill was a rounder and still got elected.

If people didn't care about what they got up to in their private lives then it wouldn't be blackmail material.

Reminds me of the John Profumo thing in the UK.

When you have one party who bivolates about how our morals are sinking and ruining the country because gay people are not tarred and feathered and run out of the county its pretty hard to amke it a non issue.

Maybe we should only hold people to the standard they insist on for others?

That would be very good for the Democratic party.

it seems to be the in trend...for politicions to be slightly bad and cheat on wives...what about bush?

When you have one party who bivolates about how our morals are sinking and ruining the country because gay people are not tarred and feathered and run out of the county its pretty hard to amke it a non issue.

Maybe we should only hold people to the standard they insist on for others?

That would be very good for the Democratic party.

You mean like demanding that every vote count ? :pke:

Desh, you are completely right, most people do not know about it and are only finding out about it now. I didn’t know about it. Damo and his crowd are trying to downplay this, because it was “previously reported” but they know full well, not so much. And they want to keep it that way. Out in the open, but not so much.

Wow, this is a good post I made here.

Very perceptive.

What I find objectionable about this issue being made an issue is the ones making it an issue are the same ones who claimed it should not be an issue when it was their side being attacked. If marital fidelity is a legitimate issue, then you have no complaint about fidelity being made an issue in 1992. If fidelity was NOT a legitimate issue in 1992 (as your diatribe seems to indicate) then it is hypocritical to insist on making it an issue now.

You want to engage in hypocrisy in the name of "justice" be my guest. But do not be surprised when people catch you at the hypocrisy.
I think what she is trying to point out is that for you on the right Bill Clinton was not fit for office because he had cheated on his wife, and this claim that since McCain admitted it, it's all ok, his character is clean again, is bullshit. If Bill Clinton had just admitted it Republican's would have never let it rest. Clinton pissed off you righties because you had diluted yourself into believing that after Reagan there would never again be a democrat in office and youwere wrong. I really DON'T give a good god damned that McCain cheated on his wife, but if you are the right are going to be intellectually consistent you should not be voting for him.

And the worst part is, the most worstest part is, McCain a so called American didn't even buy American cars!!! "Carol McCain got the family's Audi, while McCain was allowed to keep a Datsun 810 and his personal belongings, the records show." The shame of it all, definitely not voting for him now.

Back