McCain/Lieberman ???

What do you suppose the chances are, McCain is considering Lieberman as a running mate? I know it sounds odd, but given we are talking about The Maverick, is it impossible? They are certainly aligned somewhat politically, they share the same resolve on Iraq and the WoT, strong on national security, believe in fiscal responsibility of government, and both are to the 'moderate' side of their party.

Lieberman might pull more than a few disgruntled Hillary voters, the more 'conservative' democrats, some of the Jewish vote, and it might be enough to disrupt the Obama Coalition. Joe is also sort of admired and liked by the young crowd, you know, for an old fart. He could make an SNL appearance and lend a little 'hipness' to the McCain campaign. Since he is not a Democrat, but an 'Independent Democrat', it wouldn't be a complete political no-no. It helps McCain distance himself from the republican label, and the "Bush's Third Term" bullcrap.

Joe and John both have this strange underlying 'respect' from members across the political spectrum, you will find Democrats who admire John and Republicans who respect Lieberman.... a rare thing to find in ANY candidate these days. Could this potentially be the 'Moderate Dream Team of 2008?' And would this completely derail the Obama Train? ...It's worth posting a thread about.

:cof1:

What do you suppose the chances are, McCain is considering Lieberman as a running mate? I know it sounds odd, but given we are talking about The Maverick, is it impossible? They are certainly aligned somewhat politically, they share the same resolve on Iraq and the WoT, strong on national security, believe in fiscal responsibility of government, and both are to the 'moderate' side of their party.

Lieberman might pull more than a few disgruntled Hillary voters, the more 'conservative' democrats, some of the Jewish vote, and it might be enough to disrupt the Obama Coalition. Joe is also sort of admired and liked by the young crowd, you know, for an old fart. He could make an SNL appearance and lend a little 'hipness' to the McCain campaign. Since he is not a Democrat, but an 'Independent Democrat', it wouldn't be a complete political no-no. It helps McCain distance himself from the republican label, and the "Bush's Third Term" bullcrap.

Joe and John both have this strange underlying 'respect' from members across the political spectrum, you will find Democrats who admire John and Republicans who respect Lieberman.... a rare thing to find in ANY candidate these days. Could this potentially be the 'Moderate Dream Team of 2008?' And would this completely derail the Obama Train? ...It's worth posting a thread about.

LOL, ummm. Liebermann is not 'hip'. Are you freakin' kidding me?

Hummm.....................!

Could be interesting...however it would be a pox since Joe ran with Gore...maybe Colin Powell to balance the oreo cookie effect..as the Demos seem to want to make this a race issue!..Then again maybe Condi Rice...this would get the Dems all in a rucus!...:cof1:

The lefties have really been hatching ideas from their perches in the loony bin, it is a good thing RJS is back? Listen fool, even an obvious non-mensa like you should be able to tell the difference between a Republican and a Demonpooprat? How stupit are you? If this nincompoop scheme of yours went threw, it would be enough to make the Mensa man vote for Bob Barr, in a kind of a reverse flip protest vote? I will also make Teeshirts that say “NOJOE” on them, probably making myself another online mensa fortune? You have just been skewered, sorry, touche MF.

Well, until now I thought McCain/Lieberman was a possibility.

But, since Dixie predicted it, it's almost certain not to happen. Can anyone name one single dixie prediction that ever came true?

Could be interesting...however it would be a pox since Joe ran with Gore...maybe Colin Powell to balance the oreo cookie effect..as the Demos seem to want to make this a race issue!..Then again maybe Condi Rice...this would get the Dems all in a rucus!...:cof1:

An oreo cookie has two black sides and only one white, I smell Affirmative Action gone wild here? He would need both Condi and Powell to balance an oreo cookie effect. Who did you think you were going to sneak this one by fool? Take your commie ideas back to where you came from, Ivan.

ZERO.

It just goes to show how stupit you are, since JoeMo is the most requested single on MTV, and RJS has it on good authority that in all of the hard-to-get-into places in Telerite Colorado, if you drop JoeMo’s name, they let you in, no questions asked? He is definitely the new thing, the hip thing, what all the kids are screaming for, more more more, butt…he is still a demonpooprat, and therefore he has been disqualified by yours truly, sorry, I will go easier on you next time, I almost feel sorry for you now that I am done skewering you, I don’t know what comes over me? It is like a cyber-killer instinct just kicks in and I have no control?

Well... he is, but not in the typical hip way. It's like an Austin Powers Hip, or an Elvis Impersonator Hip... Not that Lieberman is that kind of Hip either, but there is this certain appeal he has with the young crowd... pop culture, or whatever. He has a great sense of humor about himself, and I think that is what makes him popular. He is as dry as a box of cereal, but there is always that little prize at the bottom of the box. You know?

Whatever you say asshat............

An oreo cookie has two black sides and only one white, I smell Affirmative Action gone wild here? He would need both Condi and Powell to balance an oreo cookie effect. Who did you think you were going to sneak this one by fool? Take your commie ideas back to where you came from, Ivan.

Like I forgot your old screen name...and by the way wrong mensa man...John could appoint Joe as Secretary of whatever,Condi or Colin, whichever does not take the vp spot as Secretary of whatever they wanted! This would take care of the two sided cookie effect!:rolleyes:

Well... he is, but not in the typical hip way. It's like an Austin Powers Hip, or an Elvis Impersonator Hip... Not that Lieberman is that kind of Hip either, but there is this certain appeal he has with the young crowd... pop culture, or whatever. He has a great sense of humor about himself, and I think that is what makes him popular. He is as dry as a box of cereal, but there is always that little prize at the bottom of the box. You know?

More updates from Dixieland.

In no country I know of does anything about Lieberman qualify as "hip."

LOL............

are you referring to 'Cracker Jacks'?...:cof1:

And don’t forget that “hip” replacement he had? Giving him twice the hip as even an Elvis impersonator, and that is saying something? I was going to be an Elvis impersonator, due to the “hip” factor I knew I would be knee-deep in poontang, excuse my language for any of the delicate lefty French type men? Butt, then I accepted an online challenge issued by some lefty fool, and I took an IQ test, and it came back “Badabing, Mensa!”, and I have been beating the lefty ladies off with a stick ever since? Still and all, Lieberman even with his cooler than Ice T persona, is a demonpooprat, so shuddup this stupit idea, sorry.

Hmmmm.... How old are you? ;)

If Damocles, visavia his amiable dunceness, allows this board to turn into a homesexual pick up place again, RJS will have to leave? This is what drove me off the first time, keep it in your pants, please, this is not the place, thank you.

Yes please leave.............

If Damocles, visavia his amiable dunceness, allows this board to turn into a homesexual pick up place again, RJS will have to leave? This is what drove me off the first time, keep it in your pants, please, this is not the place, thank you.

cupcake! you are mucking up serious political debate!

The lefties have really been hatching ideas from their perches in the loony bin, it is a good thing RJS is back?

RJS, I have been called a lot of things here, loony lefty has never been one of them. I am not easily offended by name calling, but I insist you take that one back! I read that and started feeling all buggy eyed like Hillary and Nancy Pelosi at an all-night coffee house. Don't be insulting me that way man!

And by the way, Mr. Mensa, I don't completely understand your question. It appears you have failed to ask anything, and simply misused a question mark, but I happen to know Mensa Members could never make such a simple grammatical error. So, will you please explain what your question was again?

I just don't see it dixie, perhaps if you started another thread on the cracker jacks thing....

Back