McCain/Powell

I have said it befoe and I will say it again. THE ONLY REASON J.C. Watts was a rep from Oklahoma was because he threw a football for the University of Oklahoma so well that he won two Big Eight Championships and two Orange Bowls, both consecutively. All things being equal, if Watts had not played football in Oklahoma, Oklahomans would remember him as that crazy ass black guy that tried to run as a Republican.

Absolutely.

He was disillusioned with the Republican Party and its leadership.

He said so.

I'm not all that enamored with the republican party either. But I do like J.C. Watts and believe him to be a man of principle. I don't care if he is black or polka dotted. And I would fully support him in any political effort whether he ran as a republican, democrat or independent.

I'm not all that enamored with the republican party either. But I do like J.C. Watts and believe him to be a man of principle. I don't care if he is black or polka dotted. And I would fully support him in any political effort whether he ran as a republican, democrat or independent.

That's admirable .. truly ..

... but you do know that the only reason he's being considered to run with McCain is because he's black.

You may indeed .. but thinking that throwing any black man on a republican ticket changes the dynamics of the race is silly.

Ask JC Watts, who was the ONLY black republican in Congress, why he quit in the first place.
Colin Powell is one of the few candidates that would energize the base to get out in a positive manner. No matter what you think, the man is liked, hugely, in R circles. You underestimate how much people on the right think well of this man.

Colin Powell is one of the few candidates that would energize the base to get out in a positive manner. No matter what you think, the man is liked, hugely, in R circles. You underestimate how much people on the right think well of this man.

People on the right may indeed think highly of Powell .. but they also think highly of Fred Thompson and a whole litany of right-wing republicans .. none of whom could be elected as president, or would bring anything to a republican ticket.

Powell will remind America of Iraq and all th fraud and deception that went into it.

The right-wing doesn't have as much power in American politics today as you my think.

It's because he has NEVER fun for anything Damo. Get out on the campaign trail, expose him for the ardent supporter of AA and Abortion rights and the hardcore base of the party would reject him. He is a moderate and the Pubs don't like moderates anymore. Especially in the south. They love him because he was a great face for the military and served well in the Joint Chiefs.

It's because he has NEVER fun for anything Damo. Get out on the campaign trail, expose him for the ardent supporter of AA and Abortion rights and the hardcore base of the party would reject him. He is a moderate and the Pubs don't like moderates anymore. Especially in the south. They love him because he was a great face for the military and served well in the Joint Chiefs.

Correct .. and there wiould be a huge anti-Powell backlash on both sides of the aisle.

Well, he would balance a McCain ticket out. He has the military leadership experience that everyone pretends that McCain has as well as the moderate views that everyone pretends that McCain has.

Well, he would balance a McCain ticket out. He has the military leadership experience that everyone pretends that McCain has as well as the moderate views that everyone pretends that McCain has.

The right-wing and hard core conservatives would go nuts.

That's admirable .. truly ..

... but you do know that the only reason he's being considered to run with McCain is because he's black.

Yes, I understand that. I also think that no matter the reason for choosing him, I could at least count on a man of principle who stands for many of the things I beileve in being there. I like Obama, but we disagree on many things politically speaking. I definitely agree more with Watts.

People on the right may indeed think highly of Powell .. but they also think highly of Fred Thompson and a whole litany of right-wing republicans .. none of whom could be elected as president, or would bring anything to a republican ticket.

Powell will remind America of Iraq and all th fraud and deception that went into it.

The right-wing doesn't have as much power in American politics today as you my think.
LOL. People on the right barely knew Thompson, still don't. I don't necessarily think it would be "unbeatable", I think it would get out people to vote.

Again, I think how people feel about Powell will get past that UN mess. It is only one thing, and if these two things are all you got, it wouldn't be enough to get past the powerfully positive feelings people have for him on the right.

Whether you like it or not, people on the right like Powell enough to get out to vote for him. If he were selected as VP, and he accepted it (doubtful), people would like to vote for him. I know I would. (Yes, even with his UN show.)

LOL. People on the right barely knew Thompson, still don't. I don't necessarily think it would be "unbeatable", I think it would get out people to vote.

Again, I think how people feel about Powell will get past that UN mess. It is only one thing, and if these two things are all you got, it wouldn't be enough to get past the powerfully positive feelings people have for him on the right.

Whether you like it or not, people on the right like Powell enough to get out to vote for him. If he were selected as VP, and he accepted it (doubtful), people would like to vote for him. I know I would. (Yes, even with his UN show.)

Don't get it twisted .. I don't disagree with you that SOME people on the right like Powell, but there are many who think he's softer than McCain and look what McCain is facing. Powell will not help McCain with those who think he's soft on the conservative agenda.

There will be a huge anti-Powell backlash by those who are against the war .. which is sizable.

Yes, I understand that. I also think that no matter the reason for choosing him, I could at least count on a man of principle who stands for many of the things I beileve in being there. I like Obama, but we disagree on many things politically speaking. I definitely agree more with Watts.

Watts was a huge supporter of the Iraq war. He and Mccain together are the picture of bad judgement.

Back