McCain/Powell

Well, he would balance a McCain ticket out. He has the military leadership experience that everyone pretends that McCain has as well as the moderate views that everyone pretends that McCain has.

Speculating about a McCain/Powell ticket is mental masturbation.

It sounds like Powell is leaning towards voting for Barak Obama.

Colin Powell may support Democrat or Independent in ‘08

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Former Secretary of State Colin Powell, a Republican who served under President Bush, said Friday he may not back the GOP presidential nominee in November, telling CNN that “I am keeping my options open at the moment.”......

Powell also offered praise for Illinois Sen. Barack Obama, who is seeking the Democratic presidential nomination, calling him an “exciting person on the political stage.

“He has energized a lot of people in America,” said Powell, who briefly weighed his own run for the White House in the mid-1990s. “He has energized a lot of people around the world. And so I think he is worth listening to and seeing what he stands for.”

Powell, who has largely steered clear of politics since leaving the administration in 2004, noted that the next president will need to work to restore America’s standing in the world.

“I will ultimately vote for the person I believe brings to the American people the kind of vision the American people want to see for the next four years,” he said. “A vision that reaches out to the rest of the world, that starts to restore confidence in America, that starts to restore favorable ratings to America. Frankly, we've lost a lot in recent years.”

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...l-may-support-democrat-or-independent-in-‘08/

Speculating about a McCain/Powell ticket is mental masturbation.

It sounds like Powell is leaning towards voting for Barak Obama.

Colin Powell may support Democrat or Independent in ‘08

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Former Secretary of State Colin Powell, a Republican who served under President Bush, said Friday he may not back the GOP presidential nominee in November, telling CNN that “I am keeping my options open at the moment.”......

Powell also offered praise for Illinois Sen. Barack Obama, who is seeking the Democratic presidential nomination, calling him an “exciting person on the political stage.

“He has energized a lot of people in America,” said Powell, who briefly weighed his own run for the White House in the mid-1990s. “He has energized a lot of people around the world. And so I think he is worth listening to and seeing what he stands for.”

Powell, who has largely steered clear of politics since leaving the administration in 2004, noted that the next president will need to work to restore America’s standing in the world.

“I will ultimately vote for the person I believe brings to the American people the kind of vision the American people want to see for the next four years,” he said. “A vision that reaches out to the rest of the world, that starts to restore confidence in America, that starts to restore favorable ratings to America. Frankly, we've lost a lot in recent years.”

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...l-may-support-democrat-or-independent-in-‘08/
Wow Huge shot at his former boss, lots of nice words for Obama, I bet the right won't vote for him now Damo! He didn't say he might vote for a Republican too. Dem or Independent. His party has left him and he looking around. Lets hear all those good things about Powell again there righties!

Wow Huge shot at his former boss, lots of nice words for Obama, I bet the right won't vote for him now Damo! He didn't say he might vote for a Republican too. Dem or Independent. His party has left him and he looking around. Lets hear all those good things about Powell again there righties!
He is only saying what many of the right are saying. You can LOL all you want, but if he was selected people on the right would vote for him.

Interesting .. but Powell is still used baggage .. make that used garbage.

His only splash would come if he backed a democrat.

Powell is not right. he is a moderate. So what about him would make all the Conservatives screaming about McCain being a liberal (with an 83% rating from the Conservative Union) jump on his ship. Is it his military service? McCain has that. Is it his service to his country in a political role? McCain has that. Is it that Powell has supported the president more on the war? McCain has him there. You are not the typical Rightie Damo. Not a huge contingency of Buddahist Republicans. The man has not been involved in policy creation, only carrying it out. He has not been vetted. Most right wingers don't know shit about his positions on Abortion or AA and that are killers among the 20-30% religious republicans. Oh well the point is moot. He is not going to run as a Republican or a Democrat. And you might wonder outloud, why would he not have endorsed McCain, a fellow veteran right now?

Powell is not right. he is a moderate. So what about him would make all the Conservatives screaming about McCain being a liberal (with an 83% rating from the Conservative Union) jump on his ship. Is it his military service? McCain has that. Is it his service to his country in a political role? McCain has that. Is it that Powell has supported the president more on the war? McCain has him there. You are not the typical Rightie Damo. Not a huge contingency of Buddahist Republicans. The man has not been involved in policy creation, only carrying it out. He has not been vetted. Most right wingers don't know shit about his positions on Abortion or AA and that are killers among the 20-30% religious republicans. Oh well the point is moot. He is not going to run as a Republican or a Democrat. And you might wonder outloud, why would he not have endorsed McCain, a fellow veteran right now?
*sigh* It is of little consequence. I would be happy to vote for Colin, even with his foibles.

But she would never had gotten a chance to any of that had the US done what was in it's best interest and gotten the French the fuck out of Vietnam and helped Ho set up his government. LIke he asked us to do.

Back