McConnell says Repukes won't raise debt ceiling

Hello Micawber,

[FONT="]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT="]"Three times – during the administration of the former president – three times House Democrats cooperated in raising the debt ceiling," Jeffries said.[/FONT]

[FONT="]"Now all of a sudden, they want to jam up the American people and the American economy and our full faith and credit, because they're playing politics?" Jeffries said of Republicans in the Senate.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT="]"Senate Republicans should be hearing from their friends in the big banks and big business, as to how catastrophic a default on our debt would be for industry, for commerce, for the economy and most importantly for the American people," Jeffries added.[/FONT]

As usual Republicans are anti-America and not thinking of the American people.

All they see is the political impressions of the uninformed who have no idea of the repercussions of what their knee jerk shoot-from-the-hip oppose-liberals-at-all-cost positioning.

Republicans only have the power to make trouble so that's what they are doing.

Basically, Republicans are willing to severely screw up the economy to make Biden look bad.

Shows you how much they care about you Republican voters.

If they succeed, interest rates are gonna go way up.

Hope you don't need to borrow money for anything.

[FONT="]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT="]"Three times – during the administration of the former president – three times House Democrats cooperated in raising the debt ceiling," Jeffries said.[/FONT]

[FONT="]"Now all of a sudden, they want to jam up the American people and the American economy and our full faith and credit, because they're playing politics?" Jeffries said of Republicans in the Senate.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT="]"Senate Republicans should be hearing from their friends in the big banks and big business, as to how catastrophic a default on our debt would be for industry, for commerce, for the economy and most importantly for the American people," Jeffries added.[/FONT]

Corporations are now almost all woke...they support the Revolution...this is yet another a lie.

Basically, Republicans are willing to severely screw up the economy to make Biden look bad.

Bull Shit....the Swamp is strong....the Uniparty has almost no opposition, and nobody cares what the American people think or want or are owed.

Bull Shit....the Swamp is strong....the Uniparty has almost no opposition, and nobody cares what the American people think or want or are owed.

Um dude

It’s your party not the Democratic Party doing this

The scumbaits always do this

When the republicans scum it up

The Republican rabble always try to make the Democratic Party share the blame

They are Russian owned

They hate this nation and the founders

They want it to fail

McConnal don’t care

He just doesn’t care folks

He knows he has enough wealth and buddies he will be fine

It’s just another buying opportunity for the mega wealthy

Um dude

It’s your party not the Democratic Party doing this

The scumbaits always do this

When the republicans scum it up

The Republican rabble always try to make the Democratic Party share the blame

The Parties have realigned, the D's are now the party of the wealthy.

Also, although I have voted for Trump I have not been a R since 1983, nor would I have been for sure till recently as I am a Progressive. If I become a R again I will say so. Please stop telling the lie that I am an R.

The debt ceiling does not refer to new debt. You reds do know that much don't you? It is to pay for previous programs like Trump's tax cut and everything else the government has already done. Fighting raising the ceiling is just a show. This is the 80th time we are raising it and arguments against it are ridiculous. But McConnell is dealing with people who know very little and are easily led. Normally, you expect the reds to make a show and then capitulate. Shutting down the government is serious business. It stops military paychecks, Social Security checks, and many other from going out. That is not good politics. https://www.latimes.com/politics/st...f-congress-didnt-raise-the-federal-debt-limit

[FONT="]
[/FONT][/COLOR]

The debt ceiling has nothing to do with whether the government defaults on it's debt.
BTW, paying off bond holders by printing dollars isn't making the bondholders happy either.

Back