ME War Troops against a pull-out...!

Well it will be interesting to see how they vote in the fall. If the vote for Obama, then we know they want to get out.
If we ever find out how they voted. The assumption is that they voted for bush last time, but I am not so sure.

Well it will be interesting to see how they vote in the fall. If the vote for Obama, then we know they want to get out.
If we ever find out how they voted. The assumption is that they voted for bush last time, but I am not so sure.
So, you didn't hear anything at all about the 70% for Bush from overseas ballots?

I did.

Nope, I never did see anything on it. And I kept my eyes open. Perhaps it was on fox.
Link ?

even if you are correct, that was then this is now.

Ignorance of Libertarianism never ceases to amaze.

Essentially, "libertarianism" can mean anything you want it to mean.

Libertarians are small "l", big "l", pro-war, anti-war, liberventionalist, and all over the political map .. although they are mostly disillusioned republicans looking for a free ride from government.

Essentially, "libertarianism" can mean anything you want it to mean.

Libertarians are small "l", big "l", pro-war, anti-war, liberventionalist, and all over the political map .. although they are mostly disillusioned republicans looking for a free ride from government.

I agree Libertarians don't all stand for one thing but I don't understand the looking for a free ride from the government comment.

So much for Soco,darla /et al rantings about help our troops....support anti-war and pullout now...this is from the mouths of those actually serving in theater.........

www.vetsforfreedom.org

There are a myriad of Iraq troops and vets who, not only support a pullout, but who have also been against this war from the very beginning.

http://www.ivaw.org/
http://www.vaiw.org/vet/index.php

Beyond the battle of dueling links, to suggest that our troops would still be in support of this war or the surge would also be to suggest that they are stupid people .. because ONLY stupid people still support this unwinnable war or the surge.

I assure you .. our troops are not stupid people.

I agree Libertarians don't all stand for one thing but I don't understand the looking for a free ride from the government comment.

They don't think taxes are a necessary function of government.

They don't believe they owe any debt to history.

Libertarians are by and large idealists whose ideals of government will not work because they are incompatible with the behaviours of humanity.

Vets for Freedom is bank-rolled by Freedom's Watch. I apologize for not accepting their word as representative of the troops in the field generally.

They don't think taxes are a necessary function of government.

They don't believe they owe any debt to history.

I would ask you to explain yourself, but we've tapdanced through this before.

I know that your bizarre dislike of us does not come from ignorance of our beliefs, but rather a conscientious opposition to the ideals we hold.

I wish it were otherwise. I respect many of your positions but your dedication to insulting and misrepresenting our beliefs at every turn is childish and I hope some day you will be able to civilly exchange ideas with us, as a man should.

Vets for Freedom is bank-rolled by Freedom's Watch. I apologize for not accepting their word as representative of the troops in the field generally.

There are lots of vet groups who are against the war and they aren't all bank-rolled by Freedom's Watch or anybody else.

At the core of the argument, why would anyone expect the opinions of soldiers to radically different from the rest of the population?

They didn't join the military to kill people .. and they are just as aware of the fraud of this war as anybody else.

***sigh***

There are lots of vet groups who are against the war and they aren't all bank-rolled by Freedom's Watch or anybody else.

At the core of the argument, why would anyone expect the opinions of soldiers to radically different from the rest of the population?

They didn't join the military to kill people .. and they are just as aware of the fraud of this war as anybody else.

Thats what the military does...kill the enemy and break things...you are confusing the military with the 'Boy Scouts' or the 'Peace Corps'...or 'The Salvation Army!:rolleyes:

Unfortunately a few do join the military to kill people....
They make such good LE types when they get out too :rolleyes:

Unfortunately a few do join the military to kill people....
They make such good LE types when they get out too :rolleyes:

Yeah out of five of my friends who are in right now, two of them have told me in no uncertain terms that they have joined so they can kill legally.

Thats what the military does...kill the enemy and break things...you are confusing the military with the 'Boy Scouts' or the 'Peace Corps'...or 'The Salvation Army!:rolleyes:

You're confusing the military with Hollywood sir.

There are a whole host of duties and responsibilities the military performs and killing people pales in comparison.

You may have joined the military to kill people, but most sane people who join do not.

Back