Minimum Wage 1968=$1.60. With grown and distribution it would be $21.16 today?

If your're "pro-business" in this current fascist context, then you're pro fascist.

It's like still being for law and order after hitler comes to power, but claiming you don't support hitler.

No Goober, what I actually am is “pro-true capitalism.” Because it’s the only proven system of economy that actually works for everybody willing to participate in it in good faith. That’s like being faithful and encouraging to the uncorrupted system and hateful of the bribery and corruption of BIG fucking government that infest it with regulatory advantages for their cronies and taxation that eliminates competition for their donors.

As I have explained before for y’all fucking leftist moron fools, capitalist business is forced to compete or die, a concept you bastards ignore and or deny. When politicians expect and accept bribery the only way business survives is by becoming part of the bribery, there’s no second choice. Thus, the only way to solve the bribery system is to have politicians that can’t/don’t bribe or can be bribed. The only way that can ever be accomplished is with a constitutional amerndment.

Businesses are not sworn to preserve, protect and defend our Constitution, but fucking politicians are.

No Goober, what I actually am is “pro-true capitalism.” Because it’s the only proven system of economy that actually works for everybody willing to participate in it in good faith. That’s like being faithful and encouraging to the uncorrupted system and hateful of the bribery and corruption of BIG fucking government that infest it with regulatory advantages for their cronies and taxation that eliminates competition for their donors.

As I have explained before for y’all fucking leftist moron fools, capitalist business is forced to compete or die, a concept you bastards ignore and or deny. When politicians expect and accept bribery the only way business survives is by becoming part of the bribery, there’s no second choice. Thus, the only way to solve the bribery system is to have politicians that can’t/don’t bribe or can be bribed. The only way that can ever be accomplished is with a constitutional amerndment.

Businesses are not sworn to preserve, protect and defend our Constitution, but fucking politicians are.

Please understand that you are arguing with an idiot who is only here to be mocked and point a finger at while laughing. You cannot hope to get through to such glaring ignorance.

To make yourself a better value to your employer.

LMAO... and why would they do that if they were not going to be compensated for it by their employer? Are you suggesting we should all just serve our corporate masters and do everything we can to better the company without expecting anything other than minimum wage for our efforts?

If you pay a burger flipper the same as a semi skilled worker, what incentive is there for anyone to gain the skill? If they are going to make the same amount of money either way, why learn a skill?

Very few argue for pay equality. Try lessening the gap, or just pushing low/semi-skilled wages up in general.

Very few argue for pay equality. Try lessening the gap, or just pushing low/semi-skilled wages up in general.

I see many Liberal Democrats arguing for pay equality.

Please explain how Government mandated minimum wages have made things better for low skilled employees and why Government should be the "decider" of what is acceptable minimum rather than workers and their employers operating in a free market?

Then you can explain how minimum wage laws have reduced the income gap after five decades in existence and made things better for low skilled workers.

I see many Liberal Democrats arguing for pay equality.

Please explain how Government mandated minimum wages have made things better for low skilled employees and why Government should be the "decider" of what is acceptable minimum rather than workers and their employers operating in a free market?

Then you can explain how minimum wage laws have reduced the income gap after five decades in existence and made things better for low skilled workers.

I can. But I don't actually like minimum wage laws that much. They haven't been so successful - some studies and analyses have actually linked them to outsourcing. But the relative success of minimum wage economies like Vermont have shown that they've got their use.

Also, the big reason minimum wage laws don't lower employment in a closed economy is mainly theoretical. Planners haven't ever set the minimum wage at or above the absolute productivity of workers - thus each worker is still a profitable investment for employers.

I understand that. But that is NOT what he was arguing. I asked him specifically about the difference between unskilled vs semi skilled workers. If you raise the level for unskilled, what then would he do about the semi skilled wages.

As for pushing low/semi skilled wages up... when you do that artificially it accomplishes nothing. If you bump the unskilled up via minimum wage, then the semi skilled and skilled will demand to be compensated according to their skill levels. Wage inflation is simply going to be accounted for via higher prices in almost every case.

I understand that. But that is NOT what he was arguing. I asked him specifically about the difference between unskilled vs semi skilled workers. If you raise the level for unskilled, what then would he do about the semi skilled wages.

As for pushing low/semi skilled wages up... when you do that artificially it accomplishes nothing. If you bump the unskilled up via minimum wage, then the semi skilled and skilled will demand to be compensated according to their skill levels. Wage inflation is simply going to be accounted for via higher prices in almost every case.

There's very little evidence to show that wage increases will inflate prices enough to create a net loss for workers.

I can. But I don't actually like minimum wage laws that much. They haven't been so successful - some studies and analyses have actually linked them to outsourcing. But the relative success of minimum wage economies like Vermont have shown that they've got their use.

So in other words; you cannot show that minimum wage laws work. Thank you.

Also, the big reason minimum wage laws don't lower employment in a closed economy is mainly theoretical.

How is the American economy closed?

Planners haven't ever set the minimum wage at or above the absolute productivity of workers - thus each worker is still a profitable investment for employers.

I am amused by your use of the term “planners.” Who are these “planners”?

So in other words; you cannot show that minimum wage laws work. Thank you.

How is the American economy closed?

I am amused by your use of the term “planners.” Who are these “planners”?

a. It hasn't really been adventerous in recent years. Nor am I saying it creates no benefit.
b. It's not.
c. Depends upon the country, but in this case I'm talking about members of the exectutive and legislative branches. Why's it amusing?

There's very little evidence to show that wage increases will inflate prices enough to create a net loss for workers.

Perhaps you should read this then:

The Economic Effects of Minimum Wage
by Owen E. Richason IV, Demand Media

Boston University defines minimum wage as, "the lowest level of earnings for employees set by government legislation." In general there are two fiscal and social arguments on the minimum wage. Supply side economists see a minimum wage as a overreaching burden placed on small businesses while demand side economists argue wages set too low will result in higher levels of poverty.

Small Business Employment
The minimum wage directly affects small businesses because a large amount of their earnings go directly to pay for operating expenses, such as equipment, supplies, lease or mortgage, credit lines, inventory, and employee wages and benefits. The single largest cost to small businesses are the latter; employee wages and benefits and are also one of the few costs that can be controlled. However, if a higher minimum wage is enacted, they must hire fewer employees or downsize to comply with the minimum wage law, which has a direct impact on unemployment rates.

Poverty
Research conducted by the Heritage Foundation in 2003 found that raising the minimum wage would not curtail poverty levels because of the percentage of people employed full-time earning minimum wage, and "review of the Census data indicates that fewer than one-quarter of those affected by the proposed new minimum wage work full time." This means 75 percent of minimum wage earners are part-time employees and do not rely on their income to sustain current or higher living standards, which translates to a slight increase in consumer spending but does not positively impact poverty levels.

Related Reading: Economic Implications of Minimum Wage Implementation

Labor Markets
Labor is a commodity and therefore is subjected to market forces. If the minimum wage is increased by the government, more skilled and educated workers will also seek pay increases as persons that are unskilled and not as educated are awarded a higher wage not because of market forces, but government policy. This increases volatility in the labor markets as experienced and skilled workers are forced to reassess their value upward, which may not be accepted by employers.

a. It hasn't really been adventerous in recent years. Nor am I saying it creates no benefit.

So minimum wage laws do nothing to help poverty or increase living standards; thank you again.

b. It's not.

But you stated: Also, the big reason minimum wage laws don't lower employment in a closed economy is mainly theoretical

c. Depends upon the country, but in this case I'm talking about members of the exectutive and legislative branches. Why's it amusing?

I am amused because this country, at least not yet, does not have "planners"; it has legislators; A BIG difference. "Planners" is typically a term for Fascist or Communist states and we know that Government "planners" or "deciders" seldom get anything right which is why Fascist and Communist regimes collapse upon themselves.

So minimum wage laws do nothing to help poverty or increase living standards; thank you again.

But you stated: Also, the big reason minimum wage laws don't lower employment in a closed economy is mainly theoretical

I am amused because this country, at least not yet, does not have "planners"; it has legislators; A BIG difference. "Planners" is typically a term for Fascist or Communist states and we know that Government "planners" or "deciders" seldom get anything right which is why Fascist and Communist regimes collapse upon themselves.

Yes. we do have planners, making us essentially a fascist state. They are central bankers and ceos. Politicians are bought off puppets, and if they don't do what the controllers tell them, they get offed.

Perhaps you should read this then:

The Economic Effects of Minimum Wage
by Owen E. Richason IV, Demand Media

Boston University defines minimum wage as, "the lowest level of earnings for employees set by government legislation." In general there are two fiscal and social arguments on the minimum wage. Supply side economists see a minimum wage as a overreaching burden placed on small businesses while demand side economists argue wages set too low will result in higher levels of poverty.

Small Business Employment
The minimum wage directly affects small businesses because a large amount of their earnings go directly to pay for operating expenses, such as equipment, supplies, lease or mortgage, credit lines, inventory, and employee wages and benefits. The single largest cost to small businesses are the latter; employee wages and benefits and are also one of the few costs that can be controlled. However, if a higher minimum wage is enacted, they must hire fewer employees or downsize to comply with the minimum wage law, which has a direct impact on unemployment rates.

Poverty
Research conducted by the Heritage Foundation in 2003 found that raising the minimum wage would not curtail poverty levels because of the percentage of people employed full-time earning minimum wage, and "review of the Census data indicates that fewer than one-quarter of those affected by the proposed new minimum wage work full time." This means 75 percent of minimum wage earners are part-time employees and do not rely on their income to sustain current or higher living standards, which translates to a slight increase in consumer spending but does not positively impact poverty levels.

Related Reading: Economic Implications of Minimum Wage Implementation

Labor Markets
Labor is a commodity and therefore is subjected to market forces. If the minimum wage is increased by the government, more skilled and educated workers will also seek pay increases as persons that are unskilled and not as educated are awarded a higher wage not because of market forces, but government policy. This increases volatility in the labor markets as experienced and skilled workers are forced to reassess their value upward, which may not be accepted by employers.

All of these arguments are trash.

Please understand that you are arguing with an idiot who is only here to be mocked and point a finger at while laughing. You cannot hope to get through to such glaring ignorance.

But he provides me with humor, entertainment and the opportunity to post truths and logic.

Besides, at least he’s honest enough to label himself as a moron with his head in his ass.

Also, the big reason minimum wage laws don't lower employment in a closed economy is mainly theoretical. Planners haven't ever set the minimum wage at or above the absolute productivity of workers - thus each worker is still a profitable investment for employers.

A government that will take the authoritarian opportunity to set a minimum wage sure as hell at some point will also set the maximum wage, but exempting the operators of government. The Soviet Union tried that and bankrupted itself and produced an economic revolution.

Back