Minimum Wage 1968=$1.60. With grown and distribution it would be $21.16 today?

Yes. The playing field is not level considering the money corporations have, versus, any other lobbying entity.

Yeah! Like AARP, The Sierra Club and those BIG Wall Street corporate Law Firms that love Democrats, huh?

Again, if you truly believe the playing field isn’t level, where’s the Constitutional Amendment to fix that problem? Would you like another unconstitutional McCain/Feingold Bill?

Another correct action is to discuss with people how the Citizens United decision has deeply tilted our capitalism in the fascism direction, and that failing to recognize that and pretending otherwise is dangerous and dishonest.

What’s truly dishonest and dangerous is our federal government that has near totally ignored the Constitution and created this quagmire of corruption and a government “Of The Bribery, By The Bribery and For The Bribery.”

I have never used welfare other than to ask you to show me the impact of purchasing power of those on welfare now compared to your price of good if we went protectionist.

Right, your argument is consciously constricted, ignoring both the untenability of the welfare state, and the decimation of the middle class. You constrict it this way to paint a rosy picture of the impact of globalization. I have uncovered your intellectually weak attempts to propagandize.

Right, your argument is consciously constricted, ignoring both the untenability of the welfare state, and the decimation of the middle class. You constrict it this way to paint a rosy picture of the impact of globalization. I have uncovered your intellectually weak attempts to propagandize.

Now you must provide a statement by me that painted a rosy picture of globalization. My exact words were I was in the middle on globalization and protectionism. What you have uncovered is your inability to keep your prevarications under control because your malignant ideology prevents you from using facts. But I am still waiting on your calculation of the purchasing power of the lowest quintile under protectionism.

Now you must provide a statement by me that painted a rosy picture of globalization. My exact words were I was in the middle on globalization and protectionism. What you have uncovered is your inability to keep your prevarications under control because your malignant ideology prevents you from using facts. But I am still waiting on your calculation of the purchasing power of the lowest quintile under protectionism.

No, I mustn't. You already have given away your hand with your constipated arguments.

What you're asking for is irrelevant to the greater argument. so what if people on welfare can buy more cheap shit, the economy is still in a downward spiral.

No, I mustn't. You already have given away your hand with your constipated arguments.

What you're asking for is irrelevant to the greater argument. so what if people on welfare can buy more cheap shit, the economy is still in a downward spiral.

I never stated what people on welfare could buy, I asked you to provide what they could purchase now under globalization compared to what they could buy if we were under a protectionist economy.

I am stating the get the impression your MO is to avoid supporting your statements and fabricating what others have said.

You're making the same errors as Assa. Everyone being on welfare is not a sustainable model for a society, yet you use that condition in your "all is well" propaganda.

And you could care less about the ongoing destruction of the middle class.

What the fuck are you talking about AssHat? Where have I insinuated “All Is Well?”

This country has become a neo-fascist, neo-communist hybridized quagmire of fucking bribery with a corrupt and rigged political system invented by a Duopoly of dictatorial deadbeats and partisan quacks.

The so-called “Middle Class” are quickly becoming the Welfare Queens.

You want to blame it all on Wall Street. You are a fucking idiot! Wall Street has only one agenda to make money for investors. They take no oath of office to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution. Fucking politicians take that oath. There would be NO bribery if there were only politicians that respected and acted according to their oath of office.

True Capitalism is a dog eat dog economic system and the only proven economic system that has proven to be the rising tide that can and will raise all boats.

Government that is out of control of our Constitution is corruption and force by definition. The BIGGER the fucking government the BIGGER the corruption and the BIGGER the force.

You want solutions? They’re in our Constitution. Hold the fucking politician’s feet to the fire of it! Forget the fucking corrupt Parties! Read the Constitution and act accordingly!

I never stated what people on welfare could buy, I asked you to provide what they could purchase now under globalization compared to what they could buy if we were under a protectionist economy.

I am stating the get the impression your MO is to avoid supporting your statements and fabricating what others have said.

You never.. you never... you never... just shut up.

What the fuck are you talking about AssHat? Where have I insinuated “All Is Well?”

This country has become a neo-fascist, neo-communist hybridized quagmire of fucking bribery with a corrupt and rigged political system invented by a Duopoly of dictatorial deadbeats and partisan quacks.

The so-called “Middle Class” are quickly becoming the Welfare Queens.

You want to blame it all on Wall Street. You are a fucking idiot! Wall Street has only one agenda to make money for investors. They take no oath of office to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution. Fucking politicians take that oath. There would be NO bribery if there were only politicians that respected and acted according to their oath of office.

True Capitalism is a dog eat dog economic system and the only proven economic system that has proven to be the rising tide that can and will raise all boats.

Government that is out of control of our Constitution is corruption and force by definition. The BIGGER the fucking government the BIGGER the corruption and the BIGGER the force.

You want solutions? They’re in our Constitution. Hold the fucking politician’s feet to the fire of it! Forget the fucking corrupt Parties! Read the Constitution and act accordingly!

I do blame wallstreet. Fucking yes I do. ANd you would too if you weren't such an idiot.

You acknowledge that we're a fascist state, but then in the next breath you act like criticizing business is an attack on freedom. Get your head out of your ass.

That's a great idea. Use kickstarter to crowd fund a company. Exploit the fairness message and use the profits to fund more fairness!
Here! NPR will explain how to do it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=npr+t+shirt+kickstarter

Just think how quickly the funding will come rolling in.
Plus you don't have to offer anything in return; except of the warm tingly feeling they'll get, for giving their money away.

We're just going around in circles, you keep demanding the same meaningless information, and seem to be oblivious to anything else.

If you want to make an economic claim such as how globalization is hurting wages in the U.S., you need to provide an economic model that would demonstrate that it would create more purchasing power than what we have now. You cannot provide it, and want to argue that protectionism will increase wages and purchasing power just because it is a liberal ideology and because you say so.

If you want to make an economic claim such as how globalization is hurting wages in the U.S., you need to provide an economic model that would demonstrate that it would create more purchasing power than what we have now. You cannot provide it, and want to argue that protectionism will increase wages and purchasing power just because it is a liberal ideology and because you say so.

And economic model? How about reality for you.

You limit your argument to the purchasing power of those receiving maximum welfare. The ability of welfare recipients to buy cheap crap in the short term is a severely constricted argument. Ive already explained to you why.

Bash Brothers: How Globalization and Technology Teamed Up to Crush Middle-Class Workers

Globalizationandtechnology is often referred to like a monolithic thing. A new study shows they're very separate. Globalization increases joblessness. Computers increase inequality.

Derek ThompsonAug 13 2013, 5:35 PM ET

inShare.

More

615 shrinking american worker reuters.jpg

REUTERS

Profits have never been higher. Wages have never been lower.

Okay, that sounds like an awfully oversimplified analysis of the frustrating recovery. And it is sort of simplified. It's also sort of true.

Go back to 1960, and corporate profits have never been higher while salary income has never been lower, as a share of GDP. Take a look here (graph via Floyd Norris):

Screen Shot 2013-08-12 at 8.50.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2013-08-12 at 8.50.02 AM.png

This isn't a new trend, but something really did change in the last generation. Here's a graph of the growth in corporate profits, labor income, and GDP since 1970. As you can see, corporate profits took off in the 1990s, returned to earth after the tech bubble burst and then, in the 2000s, started jumping around like a bouncy ball dropped from a helicopter. Meanwhile, labor income fell further and further behind overall growth.

Screen Shot 2013-03-04 at 12.35.48 PM.png

Sky-high corporate profit and stagnant wages aren't juxtaposing stories. They're the same story. And the main characters of that story are the familiar twin forces of globalization and technology, both of which have accelerated since the early 1990s.

In a sentence: Globalization (in particular, increased trade with China) has opened the doors to more consumers and more cheap workers while labor-saving technology has created more efficient ways to serve those consumers. As a result, the businesses are bigger, but the workers' share is getting smaller. Fifty years ago, the four most valuable U.S. companies employed an average of 430,000 people with an average market cap of $180 billion. These days, the largest U.S. companies have about 2X the market cap of their 1964 counterparts with one-fourth of the employees. That's what doing more with less looks like.

In macro explanations of the economy, globalizationandtechnology are often served up together in one big mixture, like another G&T you might know. But they don't have a monolithic effect. These are two distinct forces with distinct implications for distinct cities, according to new research by David Autor, David Dorn, and Gordon Hanson.

You have to define something to measure it, so they isolated hundreds of "commuting zones" (sort of like metro areas) and used the growth of Chinese imports as a proxy of globalization. Technological change they took as the decline in a city area's routine-intensive jobs -- e.g.: bookkeeping -- which are easily replaced by computers.

Here's the bumper sticker version of their conclusion: Globalization increases unemployment; technology increases inequality.

Globalization: The authors found that metros with more exposure to Chinese trade -- mostly concentrated in the swoosh of states extending from Indiana down to the Gulf of Mexico and up through North Carolina -- saw significant job losses, both in manufacturing and overall. For every $1,000 increase in imports per worker, the share of people with jobs declined by 0.7 percentage points -- and more for non-college grads. As manufacturing jobs declined, demand for local services would decline, and thus job losses could extend into areas like retail and hotels.

Technology: The computerization of certain tasks hasn't reduced employment, the authors find. But it has reduced the availability of decent-paying, routine-heavy jobs. Middle-class jobs, like clerks and sales people and administration support, have disappeared as computers gradually learned to perform their routines more efficiently. But as those jobs disappeared, cities saw an increase in both high-skill work and lower-paid service sector work, leading to little overall change in employment.

Back to the top two graphs. With globalization replacing American workers with Chinese labor and computers replacing middle-class workers with software programs, labor costs have fallen for companies while demand has grown all over the world. The result has been higher profits, not just for the finance companies who make up a growing share of domestic corporate earnings, but also for manufacturing companies and other multinational firms. It's a sad, inescapable truth that many international companies are thriving, not despite the incredible shrinking American worker, but because of him.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business...amed-up-to-crush-middle-class-workers/278571/

Back