Morning folks.

From about 3am till 530 fly by. But between those hours I'm pretty busy getting things set up for day shift and doing the calibration on thenconveyance. I kind of get to write my own ticket here. So other than when there's a catastrophic failure I take things at my own pace. Sometimes that means I'm steady working all night. Sometimes that means I get all my main stuff (Cept the end of the night routine) done in the first few hours.

Unless ofcourse one of the mechanics calls in and I have to fill in for them.

From about 3am till 530 fly by. But between those hours I'm pretty busy getting things set up for day shift and doing the calibration on thenconveyance. I kind of get to write my own ticket here. So other than when there's a catastrophic failure I take things at my own pace. Sometimes that means I'm steady working all night. Sometimes that means I get all my main stuff (Cept the end of the night routine) done in the first few hours.

Unless ofcourse one of the mechanics calls in and I have to fill in for them.

Are there many others there on your shift?

12 hour shifts?How many days a week?

As many as I want. We work a 2 2 3 schedule. If I didn't take any extra days one week I'd work sunday, off Monday and Tuesday, work Wednesday and Thursday off Friday and Saturday. Next week off Sunday, work Monday and Tuesday off Wednesday and Thursday work Friday and Saturday. But because we are only three years since we opened up most positions have unlimited OT so I tend to average 5 to 6 nights a week. And depending on what's going on will sometimes pull 16s. They require that you have atleast 8 hours in between shifts.

Hoople. That makes more sense. I imagine he won't respond to direct questions.

Me? I tend to not talk shit about a man's ride, his woman or his kids until they talk shit against mine.

My daily driver is a 11 1 ton 350. Or preferably my 05 Ultra. Though I do like to take out my bobbed shovel. But with the titanium cage in my back that hard tail hurts sometimes.

As many as I want. We work a 2 2 3 schedule. If I didn't take any extra days one week I'd work sunday, off Monday and Tuesday, work Wednesday and Thursday off Friday and Saturday. Next week off Sunday, work Monday and Tuesday off Wednesday and Thursday work Friday and Saturday. But because we are only three years since we opened up most positions have unlimited OT so I tend to average 5 to 6 nights a week. And depending on what's going on will sometimes pull 16s. They require that you have atleast 8 hours in between shifts.

Hoople. That makes more sense. I imagine he won't respond to direct questions.

Me? I tend to not talk shit about a man's ride, his woman or his kids until they talk shit against mine.

My daily driver is a 11 1 ton 350. Or preferably my 05 Ultra. Though I do like to take out my bobbed shovel. But with the titanium cage in my back that hard tail hurts sometimes.

I use to work crazy amount of hours like that.
But by the end of my working years,it caught up to me.I could barely work 32 hours as a Security Guard.

A lot of folks are surprised that the Stang with the 4 cylinder ecotec engine cranks out more ponies than the six. I tuned my Miata up too 200 ponies and added beefier sway bars and brimbo shocks and breaks. It’s about 1,000 lbs lighter then your Stang and is a blast to drive in curves. Just remarkable balance and handling.
The 2005 V6 Mustang weighs in at 3300# and has a 5 star crash rating. It's a safe, reliable car with a decent sized trunk and has served my daughter well.

With todays VVT technology the 4 takes place of the 6 and the 6 takes place of the 8. Add in a turbo, or two on a V type engine, and the performance is quite impressive. My '12 Jeep with the Pentaster 3.6l 24 valve DOHC V6 is 290 HP and the torque curve is table flat from about 1500 RPM to just under it's redline.

The new Ford GT is a V6, so there's that.

The 2005 V6 Mustang weighs in at 3300# and has a 5 star crash rating. It's a safe, reliable car with a decent sized trunk and has served my daughter well.

With todays VVT technology the 4 takes place of the 6 and the 6 takes place of the 8. Add in a turbo, or two on a V type engine, and the performance is quite impressive. My '12 Jeep with the Pentaster 3.6l 24 valve DOHC V6 is 290 HP and the torque curve is table flat from about 1500 RPM to just under it's redline.

Didn't you claim to have driven a '66 Mustang, too?

And for a modest $450,000+ we too can own one (if we can get on the reserve list).
Seriously, I've seen the new Ford GT, and personally, I prefer the older styling and the V8 over this new one.
I guess that's why I bought an AC Cobra replica instead of a new Shelby GT 500 Mustang, although the Cobra
has a little less horsepower. I guess it's just the sound of the old big blocks that some of us old guys prefer.

I use to work crazy amount of hours like that.
But by the end of my working years,it caught up to me.I could barely work 32 hours as a Security Guard.

Been doing it most of my life. It's normally not too bad. But kinda sucks when I get to the busy times of year like now. Splitting time between work, my own shop and delivering firewood doesn't leave much personal time. Actually taking the full 3 day weekend this coming weekend So I can get caught up.

not his fault.......he lives in Ohio......he has no other options.......

That actually makes a lot of sense. A friend of mine is origionally from Ohio and not only is he a asshole. But he is also as dumb as a rock.

Good morning RB 60 and everyone-have a blessed week!:)
(eta: finally found the pic of the "5"....I can't even imagine...:palm:)

Last edited:
Back