Museum of Atheism

Authoritarian: You have to believe. You have to believe the established dogma.
Anti-intellectual: Intellectual pursuits are forbidden unless they confirm the religious beliefs.

I cannot force you to believe that would be Authoritarian!
Not correct! Not even the Creation Museum people are anti intellectual, they believe many of the scholars who are anti creationists are brilliant minds, who simply choose to worship the creation rather than the Creator! A heart issue

The leaders of the Orthodox Church conspired with the tsar and the aristocracy to keep 80 million Russians in a state of abject serfdom and illiteracy for centuries.

So it is just doesn't cut the mustard to reduce everything to a simple maxim that religion is good and atheism is bad.

So "freeing" them with Communism then starving, outright killing, and enslaving 10s of millions was better?

Modern American Democrats vie for serfdom for some reason. :dunno:

I cannot force you to believe that would be Authoritarian!
Not correct! Not even the Creation Museum people are anti intellectual, they believe many of the scholars who are anti creationists are brilliant minds, who simply choose to worship the creation rather than the Creator! A heart issue

ok

Was he? What religious figures are seen with democrats?

We should have known all you know about the reverend Martin Luther King is the color of his skin- THAT YOU TEND TO HATE!

What religious figures are seen with you FARTFACE?

Please provide some kind of proof with your answer!

Is Mike pence a religious leader? I was talking about Biden what evangelical leaders is he hanging with?

No, you asked what religious leaders have ever been photographed with Biden.

You only changed your question, aka moved the goal posts when I demostrated Biden meeting with thousands of Jewish leaders.

No, you asked what religious leaders have ever been photographed with Biden.

You only changed your question, aka moved the goal posts when I demostrated Biden meeting with thousands of Jewish leaders.

No you are acting like that is the situation, because self respecting evangelicals would not be caught dead with him!

Hello Cypress,

Organized state atheism existed in many countries, across the world in the 20th century.

I don't think they represent atheists at large.

But I am just saying anyone who is still yelling at christians about the Spanish inquisition, has to be prepared to have Stalin thrown back at them.

I don't think there is any point in yelling at Christians. They are not going to listen anyway. If people are going to become atheists they need to reach their own conclusions. Any belief system which is forced upon people is unlikely to be truly embraced by them.

My contention is that there are a lot of atheists and agnostics within religion who are simply afraid to admit it to themselves. They have their inner disbeliefs and doubts, but they are reluctant to admit them because of the backlash they would face if they talked about it with others.

Within many religions, an individual who expresses disbelief is quickly shunned. It could be a good way to lose all your friends and become estranged from your own family. There is a lot of pressure to believe.

Another bothersome thing is that, while atheists do not proselytize or try to spread their belief system, most religions do.

I see that as a weakness. A belief system on this level must be between the individual and him or herself. The very fact that religions gather in groups to share their religion suggests it is not possible for them to maintain their religion individually. Why else is it necessary to do this in groups if it is not simply a big security blanket?

Atheists are not afraid to face the cosmos on their own.

It can be extremely liberating to become an atheist.

We should have known all you know about the reverend Martin Luther King is the color of his skin- THAT YOU TEND TO HATE!

What religious figures are seen with you FARTFACE?

Please provide some kind of proof with your answer!

I live by his tenet of judge a man by his character, there is only one race the human one, maybe you should stop trying to undue the good he did, by calling anyone who you disagree with a racist!

Back