My electric bill

Funny thing is not a single light in my house generates electricity. Do the lights in your house generate electricity? The other thing about lights in my house is that they lose efficiency over time. The no longer produce the same lumens for the electricity they use. That means their max lumens are not produced over their lifetime. The lights are also affected by heat because heat tends to increase resistance which makes them less efficient. If I overheat my LED lights they stop working completely.

We can simply look at all the generating sources and see that you are wrong.
Hydroelectric power can't produce its maximum capacity if the water level drops. Summer capacity is 478MW vs Max Capacity of 600MW
Power storage is clearly affected by heat or EVs would work just as well in 32 below as they do at 40 degrees and at 120 degrees. Summer Capacity is 477MW vs 4795 Max Capacity
Ercot doesn't turn off equipment. You have provided nothing to support that claim.

Ercot says this..
Note: Maximum Capacity values do not represent the actual capacity ERCOT reasonably expects to be available at any given time.
These values are comprised of the maximum capacity provided by each resource at the time of registration, regardless of the status of the unit (online or offline, available or on outage).

If max capacity could be turned on at any time then it should be the same for every generating source, should it not? Or are you saying the max capacity is only available on some generating sources 100% of the time but not on others?

Texas does not really use hydroelectric power. It primarily uses natural gas and coal. Batteries are not power and are not considered the part of any generating capacity. They must be charged.
Ercot DOES turn off equipment. Power generation MUST be matched to load at all times. You obviously have no idea how grids work at all.

You don't understand analogies. I'm wasting my time trying to explain a concept to you, aren't I? Well, it's certainly easy to see why you are so thoroughly confused by little things. Could you possibly ask an adult nearby to explain to you the idea of turning off unneeded equipment to eliminate waste/unnecessary expenses?

Have a great day.

Funny thing about your analogy is you completely ignored the fact that your analogy shows that maximum capacity is not available at all times because the efficiency changes depending on other factors. Light bulbs, even incandescent light bulbs don't always achieve maximum capacity when they are on. A 100w incandescent light bulb won't have the same lumens if it is lit with 105v as it would if lit with 120v. The voltage at the bulb is affected by the conductor going to the bulb. It's called Ohm's law. if the resistance in the conductor goes up, the voltage at the bulb goes down. If the conductor is copper and the temperature rises the resistance increases.

I realize you can't understand let alone explain concepts like physics.

When the temperature of the cooling pond goes up the efficiency of a steam system goes down.
https://www.power-eng.com/coal/steam-generator-efficiency/

Temperature doesn't only affect the resistance of copper, it also affects the efficiency of steam turbines. Hotter ambient temperatures reduce the generation capacity and reduce the amount of electricity that can be delivered through copper wires.

Biden restricted gas supply in Texas? How did he do that since he had only been office for less than a month.

Liberal magic???

Trump keeps complaining that the Democrats are much smarter and stronger than him because they keep stealing the elections from Trumpers. :thup:

Poor Trumpers; stupid, poorly educated and spineless. Sad.

Funny thing about your analogy is you completely ignored the fact that your analogy shows that maximum capacity is not available at all times
The funny thing about your analysis malpractice on my analogy ... is that you completely ignored, twice, the fact that ERCOT already considered all those other factors in their calculations, as explained on the website that you posted, showing that maximum capacity is available at all times.

1. Learn to at least read the sources you post
2. Learn what analogies are
3. Learn what "maximum capacity" means
4. Learn that for you to show that wind and solar are somehow needed, you need to show that wind and solar are somehow needed

None of this is difficult for a conservative. Leftists, however can't fully grasp what they simply believe out of OBEDIENCE.

801322c6e5f2997b2960bab87c5041e6.jpg

Last edited:
Funny thing about your analogy is you completely ignored the fact that your analogy shows that maximum capacity is not available at all times
It is available at all times.
because the efficiency changes depending on other factors. Light bulbs, even incandescent light bulbs don't always achieve maximum capacity when they are on. A 100w incandescent light bulb won't have the same lumens if it is lit with 105v as it would if lit with 120v. The voltage at the bulb is affected by the conductor going to the bulb. It's called Ohm's law. if the resistance in the conductor goes up, the voltage at the bulb goes down. If the conductor is copper and the temperature rises the resistance increases.
Light bulbs are not a source of energy. Transmission lines are not a source of energy.
He understands physics very well. Better than me in several cases. Redefining words and playing word games like you do is not physics.
When the temperature of the cooling pond goes up the efficiency of a steam system goes down.
Insignificant, and that doesn't change capacity.
Temperature doesn't only affect the resistance of copper, it also affects the efficiency of steam turbines. Hotter ambient temperatures reduce the generation capacity and reduce the amount of electricity that can be delivered through copper wires.
That does not reduce capacity either.

I thought you guys believed in free-market capitalism and letting markets determine prices while minimizing government interference. Having the president order your electric company to change prices is communism.

The electric company has a monopoly, and Biden fucked up the fuel supply in America, idiot.

You may not be an idiot, but you're definitely an asshat.

I believe in you shutting the fuck up, you piece of shit!

Funny thing about your analogy is you completely ignored the fact that your analogy shows that maximum capacity is not available at all times because the efficiency changes depending on other factors. Light bulbs, even incandescent light bulbs don't always achieve maximum capacity when they are on. A 100w incandescent light bulb won't have the same lumens if it is lit with 105v as it would if lit with 120v. The voltage at the bulb is affected by the conductor going to the bulb. It's called Ohm's law. if the resistance in the conductor goes up, the voltage at the bulb goes down. If the conductor is copper and the temperature rises the resistance increases.

https://www.power-eng.com/coal/steam-generator-efficiency/

With residential electric, the distance the electricity travels makes line losses irrelevant. They are miniscule. You need at 120 VAC using smaller gage wire like 14 or 12 ga. to be running 300 something feet before you notice a loss of around 5 VAC. So, that's pretty irrelevant.

On the other hand, one that I have found, particularly with solar arrays on homes here in Phoenix, is the insulation will breakdown in wiring run in conduit on a roof with full exposure to sun. The heat of the metal can and will often in summer exceed the heat rating of the insulation. This usually takes several years, at a minimum, to occur but it can and does. What happens then is you begin to lose as much as 20 or 30 volts to leakage with the resulting voltage being too low to allow most electrical items to work correctly. LED and CFL's won't work on 80 or 90 VAC as one example. I've even run into situations where the wiring is in an outside wall that is well insulated and the same thing occurs with the THW wire in NM (aka Romex) cable.

With residential electric, the distance the electricity travels makes line losses irrelevant. They are miniscule. You need at 120 VAC using smaller gage wire like 14 or 12 ga. to be running 300 something feet before you notice a loss of around 5 VAC. So, that's pretty irrelevant.

On the other hand, one that I have found, particularly with solar arrays on homes here in Phoenix, is the insulation will breakdown in wiring run in conduit on a roof with full exposure to sun. The heat of the metal can and will often in summer exceed the heat rating of the insulation. This usually takes several years, at a minimum, to occur but it can and does. What happens then is you begin to lose as much as 20 or 30 volts to leakage with the resulting voltage being too low to allow most electrical items to work correctly. LED and CFL's won't work on 80 or 90 VAC as one example. I've even run into situations where the wiring is in an outside wall that is well insulated and the same thing occurs with the THW wire in NM (aka Romex) cable.

When did you see a transmission line from a generating plant that only runs 300'? 50 miles with a temperature difference of 80 degrees centigrade will make a difference in resistance. Resistance causes drop in voltage.

Faulty installation is found by checking the system. Checking the system costs nothing. My panels aren't in Phoenix so I don't think I have to worry about the heat degrading the insulation. At this point you are just throwing shit at the wall trying to justify a maintenance cost that doesn't exist on the majority of systems. It would be like arguing that engine replacement is a common maintenance item on a vehicle. What you are describing would affect the wiring in houses that don't have solar since any outlet on the outside wall would be subject to the same heat. Houses must burn down on a regular basis in Phoenix if this is a common problem because I guarantee no home owners are maintaining their household electrical wiring like you are claiming needs to be done with solar.

As to LEDs working on 90 VAC that depends on the driver. A typical current driver that is of decent quality rated for 100v to 270v will still drive the LED at 90 VAC.

When did you see a transmission line from a generating plant that only runs 300'? 50 miles with a temperature difference of 80 degrees centigrade will make a difference in resistance. Resistance causes drop in voltage.

Faulty installation is found by checking the system. Checking the system costs nothing. My panels aren't in Phoenix so I don't think I have to worry about the heat degrading the insulation. At this point you are just throwing shit at the wall trying to justify a maintenance cost that doesn't exist on the majority of systems. It would be like arguing that engine replacement is a common maintenance item on a vehicle. What you are describing would affect the wiring in houses that don't have solar since any outlet on the outside wall would be subject to the same heat. Houses must burn down on a regular basis in Phoenix if this is a common problem because I guarantee no home owners are maintaining their household electrical wiring like you are claiming needs to be done with solar.

As to LEDs working on 90 VAC that depends on the driver. A typical current driver that is of decent quality rated for 100v to 270v will still drive the LED at 90 VAC.

You are hair splitting and nit picking now. I was talking about residential electrical systems and gave some simply generalized examples.

Transmission lines run at tens to hundreds of thousands of volts and use far larger cables than 14 ga wire. In Phoenix, heat is an issue. I don't know what might be issues in your part of the world. Voltage drops of 20 to 30 volts due to insulation breakdown are an issue. All of that is absolutely true, your nit picking notwithstanding.

What I'm saying and it is totally fucking true, is that solar is grotesquely expensive. If your piddly little system tied to say, 100,000 other similarly useless systems fed to the grid so a gas turbine generation station could sit idle half the time, that station still exists and still costs money to man and operate 24/7 not just when the sun goes down. Depending on start up and shutdown times, it could be an hour or two each day coming online and going off. All of that drives up the cost of what electricity is produced due to the duplication of the two systems.

It'd be cheaper for society as a whole just to build and run the gas turbine plant 24/7 and dump the solar panels entirely.

The only--ONLY--reason that justifies solar is the utter, moronic, stupidity, of the Greentard agenda and their religious belief that somehow removing tiny amounts of CO2 from the atmosphere will "save the planet." Those people are fucking nuts.

Back