My electric bill

How is it Biden’s fault that your electric company started putting bullshit charges on your account? My electric company recently started charging me for electricity AND “distribution,” effectively doubling by monthly bill. How is that Biden’s fault?

Because Biden isn't fixing it.

It never happened under Trump did it?

See the difference?

See the difference?

I thought you guys believed in free-market capitalism and letting markets determine prices while minimizing government interference. Having the president order your electric company to change prices is communism.

Thank you. At this point you either need to clarify that you haven't been reading my posts, especially where I mention that the maximum capacities already have all of this factored in, or you need to show that ERCOT is totally unaware of what you mention and somehow never included physics in their calculations.

Total Capacity is the same all year around because ERCOT uses the lowest single value for every parameter throughout their computations.

Gosh.. that must be why the list SUMMER CAPACITY and MAXIMUM CAPACITY because they use the MAXIMUM capacity in summer.

But lets look at how they define MAXIMUM CAPACITY -
Maximum Capacity
Maximum Capacity values do not represent the actual capacity ERCOT reasonably expects to be available at any given time. These values are comprised of the maximum capacity provided by each resource at the time of registration, regardless of the status of the unit (online or offline, available or on outage).

Nope. They don't define it as what is available in summer in fact they say they don't reasonably expect it to be available in summer or any other given time.

I thought you guys believed in free-market capitalism and letting markets determine prices while minimizing government interference. Having the president order your electric company to change prices is communism.

When the government is raising prices it's the same thing.

See the difference?

States set electric rates through the state public utility commission. Presidents have nothing to do with it.
The process often takes years to raise rates so any rate increase could have started when Trump was President.

States set electric rates through the state public utility commission. Presidents have nothing to do with it.
The process often takes years to raise rates so any rate increase could have started when Trump was President.

States determine that rate by the actions of the federal government.

So say the price of energy consumption goes up they raise rates on their customers.

Why do energy rates go up, because of policies the federal government has enacted usually.

Biden's policies have made it so our energy production does not meet the requirements of the people.

So say the price of energy consumption goes up they raise rates on their customers.

Why do energy rates go up, because of policies the federal government has enacted usually.

Biden's policies have made it so our energy production does not meet the requirements of the people.

Biden genuinely believes that fossil based energy consumption will result in the destruction of the planet in terms of being able to sustain human life.

Whether he's right or he's wrong, he believes that he's right.

Thus, given his beliefs,
it would be highly immoral for him
to not put constraints on fossil based energy
if he has the influence to do so.

You did what you could, Tink.
You voted for an orangutan instead of for Biden.

Biden genuinely believes that fossil based energy consumption will result in the destruction of the planet in terms of being able to sustain human life.

Whether he's right or he's wrong, he believes that he's right.

Thus, given his beliefs,
it would be highly immoral for him
to not put constraints on fossil based energy
if he has the influence to do so.

You did what you could, Tink.
You voted for an orangutan instead of for Biden.

Actually I voted for Biden.

I always vote for the party out of power regardless of my beliefs.

I am what you would call a true independent voter.

This election I will vote republican, if Trump wins then the next time I will vote democrat.

This election I will vote republican, if Trump wins then the next time I will vote democrat.

I have to assume that this makes sense to you.
It's certainly your right to do it.

I have voted straight Democratic tickets since 1968
because core Republican values are very disturbing to me.
Repugnant, if we're being honest.

Gosh.. that must be why the list SUMMER CAPACITY and MAXIMUM CAPACITY because they use the MAXIMUM capacity in summer.
I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you are being as stupid as Terry.

In your house, you might very well turn off the lights in rooms that are not being used/occupied, to save on costs because nobody will be using that light. In fact, you might have a nighttime configuration for when everyone is asleep, to have only minimum lights on for security purposes. Your "nighttime light capacity" is less than your maximum light capacity but can be changed if something happens in the middle of the night and you need to turn on some lights. You can always turn on more lights until you have every light on in the house.

Texas estimates how much demand they anticipate for each season and they turn off equipment that they do not expect to be needed, and they refer to that configuration as the capacity for that season ... but they can always turn on additional equipment if the need arises, up until they have all equipment cranking out power and achieving output at maximum capacity.

Obviously, when ERCOT turns off equipment, they don't expect that capacity to be available ... until they turn it back on ... at which point they will have it available.

But lets look at how they define MAXIMUM CAPACITY -
ERCOT said:
These values are comprised of the maximum capacity provided by each resource at the time of registration, regardless of the status of the unit (online or offline, available or on outage).
So equipment that is turned off for the summer configuration is not expected to be available, but is still included in the maximum capacity because they can make it available by turning it on whenever they wish.

I would call that a stupid voter.

I always vote for the party out of power regardless of my beliefs. I am what you would call a true independent voter.
Nope. You are not independent. You are a mindless automaton without any sort of free will. You are completely dependent on that programming which determines how your vote will be cast, but you are merely an observer. You have effectively thrown away your vote to let external forces determine your vote via your mindless, fixed algorithm.

I'm sorry if nobody has ever pulled you aside and informed you of this.

ef77a985dc2193fba05df014e109723b.jpg

What is that word salad supposed to mean?
If the price goes up the price goes up? Duh...
If the price goes up, it doesn't mean it is caused by the Federal government.

The price goes up because the costs have gone up. Costs go up for many reasons that have nothing to do with the federal government. The federal government doesn't set demand for electricity or dictate where and why new transmission lines are built.
MN just saw an increase in rates, because of the added costs due to the Texas fiasco that drove the cost of natural gas up dramatically on the spot market.
https://www.xcelenergy.com/staticfi...Change in Rates and Interim Rate Petition.pdf

Much of the increases are to recover past costs that weren't accounted for such as storm damage to transmission lines, increased employee expenses, or changes in fuel costs.
One of the things asked for by one power company was to pay for software to calculate how much they should increase their prices. I don't think you can blame that on Biden.

The price goes up because the costs have gone up. Costs go up for many reasons that have nothing to do with the federal government. The federal government doesn't set demand for electricity or dictate where and why new transmission lines are built.
MN just saw an increase in rates, because of the added costs due to the Texas fiasco that drove the cost of natural gas up dramatically on the spot market.
https://www.xcelenergy.com/staticfi...Change in Rates and Interim Rate Petition.pdf

Much of the increases are to recover past costs that weren't accounted for such as storm damage to transmission lines, increased employee expenses, or changes in fuel costs.
One of the things asked for by one power company was to pay for software to calculate how much they should increase their prices. I don't think you can blame that on Biden.

I said it incorrectly.

I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you are being as stupid as Terry.

In your house, you might very well turn off the lights in rooms that are not being used/occupied, to save on costs because nobody will be using that light. In fact, you might have a nighttime configuration for when everyone is asleep, to have only minimum lights on for security purposes. Your "nighttime light capacity" is less than your maximum light capacity but can be changed if something happens in the middle of the night and you need to turn on some lights. You can always turn on more lights until you have every light on in the house.

Texas estimates how much demand they anticipate for each season and they turn off equipment that they do not expect to be needed, and they refer to that configuration as the capacity for that season ... but they can always turn on additional equipment if the need arises, up until they have all equipment cranking out power and achieving output at maximum capacity.

Obviously, when ERCOT turns off equipment, they don't expect that capacity to be available ... until they turn it back on ... at which point they will have it available.

So equipment that is turned off for the summer configuration is not expected to be available, but is still included in the maximum capacity because they can make it available by turning it on whenever they wish.
Funny thing is not a single light in my house generates electricity. Do the lights in your house generate electricity? The other thing about lights in my house is that they lose efficiency over time. The no longer produce the same lumens for the electricity they use. That means their max lumens are not produced over their lifetime. The lights are also affected by heat because heat tends to increase resistance which makes them less efficient. If I overheat my LED lights they stop working completely.

We can simply look at all the generating sources and see that you are wrong.
Hydroelectric power can't produce its maximum capacity if the water level drops. Summer capacity is 478MW vs Max Capacity of 600MW
Power storage is clearly affected by heat or EVs would work just as well in 32 below as they do at 40 degrees and at 120 degrees. Summer Capacity is 477MW vs 4795 Max Capacity
Ercot doesn't turn off equipment. You have provided nothing to support that claim.

Ercot says this..
Note: Maximum Capacity values do not represent the actual capacity ERCOT reasonably expects to be available at any given time.
These values are comprised of the maximum capacity provided by each resource at the time of registration, regardless of the status of the unit (online or offline, available or on outage).

If max capacity could be turned on at any time then it should be the same for every generating source, should it not? Or are you saying the max capacity is only available on some generating sources 100% of the time but not on others?

Funny thing is not a single light in my house generates electricity.
You don't understand analogies. I'm wasting my time trying to explain a concept to you, aren't I? Well, it's certainly easy to see why you are so thoroughly confused by little things. Could you possibly ask an adult nearby to explain to you the idea of turning off unneeded equipment to eliminate waste/unnecessary expenses?

Have a great day.

e3aa6123480d4b2232f332fb11f995fe.jpg

Biden restricted supply. It is caused by the 'federal' government.

Back