My electric bill

Bulverism. Bigotry.

File a complaint with Damo, Sybil. I'm certain he could use a good laugh. :laugh: :rofl2: :laugh:
Continued spam posting.

Damo might not like that you're purposely filling up our "who quoted me" notifications with your spam (as it limits such entries to the latest ten). It can be argued that our experience is being affected by not being able to easily respond to people who quote us with legitimate posts because your spam posts are taking up all ten of the notification slots. That decision is up to Damo and is out of my hands.

Regardless, I'm enjoying watching you self implode in a ball of spam. Apparently IBD, ITN, and I have a lot more power over your mind than I thought.

Continued spam posting.

Damo might not like that you're purposely filling up our "who quoted me" notifications with your spam (as it limits such entries to the latest ten). It can be argued that our experience is being affected by not being able to easily respond to people who quote us with legitimate posts because your spam posts are taking up all ten of the notification slots. That decision is up to Damo and is out of my hands.

Regardless, I'm enjoying watching you self implode in a ball of spam. Apparently IBD, ITN, and I have a lot more power over your mind than I thought.

He has a mind???

The last one was 221.00 and it's been consistently over 200.00 since Biden became president.

When Trump was president it was 114.00 almost consistently.

There has been no change in my energy consumption.

How is biden helping the people again?

He has made it harder for people to survive.

True that. Our Bills in Florida increased by about 22%.

Bidenomics is only awesome to halfwits and lying dumbasses.

What is his IP address, Sock?
YALSA
4ddlj6.jpg

Power storage is now electrical generation? You are too funny. Next you will be telling us it is the cheapest way to produce electricity.
Yes, I most certainly will ... while you set yourself up for me to mock the shit out of you as you claim that wind and solar, energy sources that are so expensive that they need to be subsidized to remain in existence, are somehow the cheapest. Anyway, I want to start raking you over the coals right now, so please just make your assertion so I can begin.

The peak is more than 84,000 but thanks for playing.
Not according to the chart you posted, but thanks for playing.

Projected to be 85,333 on Thursday this week.
This is why you should have stayed in school. Projections don't count, you moron, only what actually happens. The peak never actually reaches 84,000 MW. It sure is easy to bamboozle you. Talk about gullible. Am I really the first person to explain all this to you? Don't you think you should have learned all this long ago?

I have to ask ... what the fuck possessed you to pretend to correct me? You know that you are as stupid as horseshit. I realize that you don't take notes on everything I teach you, even though you should, because you probably don't know how to write words, but one would imagine that you would know better and just sit quietly in the fucking corner, or just keep coloring over at the kids' table. If you need more crayons, that's the time to open your yap.

The maximum capacity is not the maximum summer capacity.
Correct. It's the maximum capacity always. Are you only just now figuring this out?

Anyway, you have backed yourself into a corner whereby you have only two options: 1) be honest and acknowledge that you were mistaken, but that now your eyes have been opened and you can see that wind and solar are expensive and definitely not needed in Texas, or 2) in a final act of desperation, you assign to me a really bogus position that I do not hold, and then attack me for the bogus position that I do not hold, so you at least have something to attack. I wonder which one you will choose.

It's nice that your mythical world has power plants and transmission lines that never need maintenance and aren't affected by heat.
Why didn't you include my quote where I posted this position? Oh, that's right, I never said anything of the sort. Are you assigning a bogus position to me that I do not hold? Wow, I never saw that coming.

All it takes is 2 of the largest power production sites to go offline even at max capacity and you can't meet the demand.
Possibly, but until that happens, Texas is green, per the graphic that you posted.

aa7be565a8503f2eb532066129ea1925.jpg

Yes, I most certainly will ... while you set yourself up for me to mock the shit out of you as you claim that wind and solar, energy sources that are so expensive that they need to be subsidized to remain in existence, are somehow the cheapest. Anyway, I want to start raking you over the coals right now, so please just make your assertion so I can begin.

Not according to the chart you posted, but thanks for playing.

This is why you should have stayed in school. Projections don't count, you moron, only what actually happens. The peak never actually reaches 84,000 MW. It sure is easy to bamboozle you. Talk about gullible. Am I really the first person to explain all this to you? Don't you think you should have learned all this long ago?

I have to ask ... what the fuck possessed you to pretend to correct me? You know that you are as stupid as horseshit. I realize that you don't take notes on everything I teach you, even though you should, because you probably don't know how to write words, but one would imagine that you would know better and just sit quietly in the fucking corner, or just keep coloring over at the kids' table. If you need more crayons, that's the time to open your yap.

Correct. It's the maximum capacity always. Are you only just now figuring this out?

Anyway, you have backed yourself into a corner whereby you have only two options: 1) be honest and acknowledge that you were mistaken, but that now your eyes have been opened and you can see that wind and solar are expensive and definitely not needed in Texas, or 2) in a final act of desperation, you assign to me a really bogus position that I do not hold, and then attack me for the bogus position that I do not hold, so you at least have something to attack. I wonder which one you will choose.

Why didn't you include my quote where I posted this position? Oh, that's right, I never said anything of the sort. Are you assigning a bogus position to me that I do not hold? Wow, I never saw that coming.

Possibly, but until that happens, Texas is green, per the graphic that you posted.
Maximum capacity is not the maximum summer capacity. It is currently summer. Summer capacity is what is available in summer. You don't get to pretend that the capacity is more than what is actually available.
The efficiency of transmission and the maximum generation capability is affected by environmental factors. Ignoring those factors will lead to grid failure. Claiming the total capacity in summer is the maximum capacity means you live in a mythical world where no maintenance is required and heat has no effect on generation or transmission. There is no other explanation for why you are claiming the summer capacity can be higher than the summer capacity.

Failure to plan for the projected demand means at some point you won't be able to meet the demand. The good news is they plan for about 3% more than what is actually used.

Summer capacity is
Natural Gas 53,446 MW
Coal and Lignite 13,568 MW
Nuclear 4,973 MW

Total Summer capacity - 71987

That number still isn't enough to meet actual peak usage. Looking at the numbers for this year, actual usage has been close to 81,000 at several different time. Plus you haven't allowed for where usage occurs. At 16:00 the Coast is at its highest usage. At 18:00 NCent is at its highest usage. Transmission over long distances results in loss.

The one other thing you have to keep in mind is that the hourly usage is just given for the hour. It doesn't mean it was the highest demand during that hour. If the usage at 18:00 is 81,000 it doesn't mean the usage at 18:01 won't be 82,000.

Texas is green because about 18,000 MW are produced by wind and solar.

Maximum capacity is not the maximum summer capacity.
Maximum capacity is greater than the arbitrary capacity of their summer configuration. If more power is needed, Texas can keep increasing supply until they reach their maximum capacity. They can, in effect, increase their "summer capacity" as needed, but only up to the maximum capacity.

It is currently summer. Summer capacity is what is available in summer.
Nope. Maximum capacity is available always.

During different seasons, they can save money by turning off equipment, and they refer to that as their "capacity of the season" ... but if there is a spike in demand, they can just as easily turn the equipment back on. Max capacity is the upper limit.

You don't get to pretend that the capacity is more than what is actually available.
I won't. I promise.

The efficiency of transmission and the maximum generation capability is affected by environmental factors.
Texas has already factored all that into their calculations. I hope you don't think that ERCOT would somehow find any of this to be news.

Failure to plan for the projected demand means at some point you won't be able to meet the demand.
Texas has planned for projected demand with extra to spare. In fact, I just ran the numbers and if wind and solar were shut down right now, the current "summer capacity" configuration would meet Texas demand just fine with a corresponding increase in natural gas usage, given their reserves at this time ... all without changing from summer capacity.

The good news is they plan for about 3% more than what is actually used.
Yes, they plan for a certain percentage above very liberal demand estimates.

Currently, the inclusion of wind and solar is purely political and bogus. Neither are needed but Texas pays a premium to have them operating. Wind and solar are costing Texas money.

8eba9fbbe610672c1bebe209aa3b217d.jpg

Maximum capacity is greater than the arbitrary capacity of their summer configuration. If more power is needed, Texas can keep increasing supply until they reach their maximum capacity. They can, in effect, increase their "summer capacity" as needed, but only up to the maximum capacity.

Nope. Maximum capacity is available always.

During different seasons, they can save money by turning off equipment, and they refer to that as their "capacity of the season" ... but if there is a spike in demand, they can just as easily turn the equipment back on. Max capacity is the upper limit.

I won't. I promise.

Texas has already factored all that into their calculations. I hope you don't think that ERCOT would somehow find any of this to be news.

Texas has planned for projected demand with extra to spare. In fact, I just ran the numbers and if wind and solar were shut down right now, the current "summer capacity" configuration would meet Texas demand just fine with a corresponding increase in natural gas usage, given their reserves at this time ... all without changing from summer capacity.

Yes, they plan for a certain percentage above very liberal demand estimates.

Currently, the inclusion of wind and solar is purely political and bogus. Neither are needed but Texas pays a premium to have them operating. Wind and solar are costing Texas money.
It must be nice to live in your fantasy world where water cools down as quickly on a 30 degree day as it does on a 110 degree day.
It must be nice to live in your fantasy world where everything is a superconductor at room temperature and the temperature has no effect on conductivity of copper.
Do the electric vehicles in your fantasy world have the exact same range on a -30 degree day as they do on a 110 degree day since temperature has no effect on how electricity works where you live?

Meanwhile back in the real world in Texas -

Summer capacity is
Natural Gas 53,446 MW
Nuclear 4,973 MW

Bogus Position #1 (of this post) that has been assigned to me:
It must be nice to live in your fantasy world where water cools down as quickly on a 30 degree day as it does on a 110 degree day.
As far as bogus position assignments go, this is pretty "average" but it gets the job done. Perhaps you distracted some people but you have not shown that wind and solar are somehow needed to meet Texas' energy requirements.

Bogus Position #2 (of this post) that has been assigned to me:
It must be nice to live in your fantasy world where everything is a superconductor at room temperature and the temperature has no effect on conductivity of copper.
This bogus position assignment appeals to the love of science fiction to pretend that I am somehow asserting fictitious technology scenarios. This also does not show that wind and solar are somehow needed in Texas. It merely distracts to buy time.

Bogus Position #3 (of this post) that has been assigned to me:
Do the electric vehicles in your fantasy world have the exact same range on a -30 degree day as they do on a 110 degree day since temperature has no effect on how electricity works where you live?
In your haste you forgot to include the questions of whether I think the earth is flat and whether I think the moon landing was a hoax. This distraction also does not show that wind and solar are somehow needed.

Maximum Capacity availability (available at any time is):

Natural Gas 69,890 MW
Coal and Lignite 14,321 MW
Nuclear 5,448 MW
Hydro 600 MW
Power Storage 4,795 MW

Total capacity without wind and solar - 95,054 MW ... not 71,987 MW (which is 23,067 short of the correct answer)

e3aa6123480d4b2232f332fb11f995fe.jpg

Bogus Position #1 (of this post) that has been assigned to me:

As far as bogus position assignments go, this is pretty "average" but it gets the job done. Perhaps you distracted some people but you have not shown that wind and solar are somehow needed to meet Texas' energy requirements.

Bogus Position #2 (of this post) that has been assigned to me:

This bogus position assignment appeals to the love of science fiction to pretend that I am somehow asserting fictitious technology scenarios. This also does not show that wind and solar are somehow needed in Texas. It merely distracts to buy time.

Bogus Position #3 (of this post) that has been assigned to me:

In your haste you forgot to include the questions of whether I think the earth is flat and whether I think the moon landing was a hoax. This distraction also does not show that wind and solar are somehow needed.

Maximum Capacity availability (available at any time is):

Natural Gas 69,890 MW
Coal and Lignite 14,321 MW
Nuclear 5,448 MW
Hydro 600 MW
Power Storage 4,795 MW

Total capacity without wind and solar - 95,054 MW ... not 71,987 MW (which is 23,067 short of the correct answer)

https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/resistivity-conductivity-d_418.html
Example - Resistance of a Copper Wire in Hot Weather

A copper wire with resistance 0.5 kΩ at normal operating temperature 20oC is in hot sunny weather heated to 80 oC. The temperature coefficient for copper is 4.29 x 10-3 (1/oC) and the change in resistance can be calculated as

dR = (4.29 x 10-3 1/oC) ((80 oC) - (20 oC)) (0.5 kΩ)

= 0.13 (kΩ)

The resulting resistance for the copper wire in hot weather will be

R = (0.5 kΩ) + (0.13 kΩ)

= 0.63 (kΩ)

= 630 (Ω)

Final answer is:
on a hot day, transmission lines ability to transfer electricity is reduced and more is lost due to increased resistance
On a hot day, Copper wound generators ability to generate electricity is reduced because of increased resistance

Summer capacity
is
Natural Gas 53,446 MW
Nuclear 4,973 MW

Total capacity in winter can not be the same as total capacity in summer because of physics.

The last one was 221.00 and it's been consistently over 200.00 since Biden became president.

When Trump was president it was 114.00 almost consistently.

There has been no change in my energy consumption.

How is biden helping the people again?

He has made it harder for people to survive.

Our electric bills here are effectively 50% more. Everybody's pretty pissed.

It's tied to the price of natural gas.

This disrupts my methods, I had it all figured for 6 years, now 50% more for electric has to be folded into the bills.

Last month was 15% less usage than the previous year and a 50% higher cost.

Our electric bills here are effectively 50% more. Everybody's pretty pissed.

It's tied to the price of natural gas.

This disrupts my methods, I had it all figured for 6 years, now 50% more for electric has to be folded into the bills.

Last month was 15% less usage than the previous year and a 50% higher cost.

Yep, I am facing the same issue.

I had things mapped out and now I have to redo them because of the drastic spike.

Biden has definitely affected me negatively.

Yep, I am facing the same issue.

I had things mapped out and now I have to redo them because of the drastic spike.

Biden has definitely affected me negatively.

Many places are in the same situation.

Here, the thing is, they got the rate increase approved when natural gas was at the max price, but it's come down a lot since then, the electric rates have NOT.

https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/commodities/ng:nmx

It's not right. Something needs to be done.

Back