My electric bill

Inversion fallacy.

You seem to have trouble reading charts as well.

That number is currently 18562 MW. Their capacity is 149876 MW. WITHOUT wind and solar, their capacity is 90372 MW of which 80639 is currently being generated.

I guess you feel if you simply make up numbers that make no sense that would make you somehow intelligent?
The projected number for 16:00 on Aug 1 is still about 21,000 MW for solar and wind. I guess you decided you attack my numbers by using numbers from a different time of day when we don't see peak demand.
There are a couple of problems with your claims.
Total production capacity without wind and solar may be 90372 MW but that assumes every other generator is working at their peak capacity. Projected demand at the peak time of day in the next 6 days is 85335. That would mean as few as 2 generator plants going offline would mean they can't produce enough to meet demand. Are you arguing that no gas plants or coal plants ever need maintenance or go offline for any length of time? It also means that all the hydroelectric dams have to be working at full capacity in a dry summer. Something that likely can't happen since the current hydro production is less than 10% of its capacity.

Which means not only can Texas handle the current load without wind or solar, the Texas government is deciding to waste a lot of money on wind and solar, the most expensive and 2nd most expensive methods of generating power. Well...that's Austin for you.

It doesn't need solar or wind even now.
Failing to build cheap power plants is only going to result in higher electrical rates and unstable power.

I suppose you want Texas to repeat the disaster of the SDTC (formerly California).
Texas can repeat it's own disaster over and over again by not taking care of their grid and generation.

It seems you have trouble reading graphics.

Normal Conditions
normal.png

There is enough power to meet current demand.

So let's look at what we have established:

1. Normal Conditions There is enough power to meet current demand.
2. You are a total fucking idiot.
Normal conditions producing enough power include 20% of current power coming from wind and solar.
Do you need me to explain what current power means?
Do you need me to explain that solar and wind producing over 18,000 MW is included in the current power?

200w.webp
200w.webp

Or are you just trying to avoid the fact that you are an idiot that doesn't know homicides are or now to calculate a homicide rate?
I think Into the Night is politely indicating that you might have posted into this thread erroneously. This is the thread about electric bills and how Texas is quite capable of handling the current load without any assistance from wind and/or solar, as you so kindly made clear to the board a few posts above.

So one has to wonder how you ended up demanding answers to your really stupid questions about homicides and about calculating a homicide rate. Are you really as stupid as you established in your response to me above? It would seem that you are. Nonetheless, the least you could do is to thank Into the Night for extending the courtesy.

00e435e00cb8312fc3e23aa3212118ca.png

https://media1.giphy.com/media/kqxglcJu79d0gDIIDX/200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47c3gabcb6qf4ac9o18vrhm80up8vv3qn4jpxixhn2&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w.webp&ct=g[/QUOTE]

Bulverism. Bigotry.
[QUOTE="Into the Night, post: 5716354, member: 7417"]Bulverism fallacy. Bigotry.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE="gfm7175, post: 3787275, member: 7449"]Bulverism. Bigotry. False Authority.[/QUOTE][QUOTE="IBDaMann, post: 5507009, member: 8245"]bigotry, bulverism, [/QUOTE]​

Normal conditions producing enough power include 20% of current power coming from wind and solar.

200w.webp
200w.webp

You suffer from innumeracy. I'll help you out. Remember that the issue is whether solar and wind are needed, not whether they are nonetheless used for political purposes.

You'll notice that Texas power requirements are well below Texas needing to go to full capacity. If Texas were to ever require greater output, more can be easily generated.

Please note the max capacities, if needed (wind and solar omitted, of course):

Natural Gas 69,890 MW
Coal and Lignite 14,321 MW
Nuclear 5,448 MW
Power Storage 4,695 MW

TOTAL: 94,354 MW

... but the summer peak requirements never make it to 84,000 MW. Wind and solar are never needed.

The fact that Texas likes to infuse a bit of wind and solar power for political purposes (I notice that ERCOT lists both solar and wind first for some reason, like they are virtue-signaling or something) does nothing to somehow make either needed.

Once again, you were the one that cited this information source. It undergirds my point while trashing yours.

Don't be afraid to come to me with the hard stuff.

ef43bd153df9b2f0ed36d86737dde717.jpg

Bulverism. Bigotry. File a complaint, Sybil. I want you to give Damo a laugh. LOL
I did mention it. By including your one misquote from my February post in your spam, it adds each and every one of your responses (that aren't even to me) to my list of "responses", of which only ten get listed, and the pointers to everybody else's responses are lost ... so you are effectively hitting me with Denial of Service attacks, and if management is fine with that then obviously there is nothing I can do about it.

I guess you feel if you simply make up numbers that make no sense that would make you somehow intelligent?
The projected number for 16:00 on Aug 1 is still about 21,000 MW for solar and wind. I guess you decided you attack my numbers by using numbers from a different time of day when we don't see peak demand.
There are a couple of problems with your claims.
Total production capacity without wind and solar may be 90372 MW but that assumes every other generator is working at their peak capacity. Projected demand at the peak time of day in the next 6 days is 85335. That would mean as few as 2 generator plants going offline would mean they can't produce enough to meet demand. Are you arguing that no gas plants or coal plants ever need maintenance or go offline for any length of time? It also means that all the hydroelectric dams have to be working at full capacity in a dry summer. Something that likely can't happen since the current hydro production is less than 10% of its capacity.

Texas can repeat it's own disaster over and over again by not taking care of their grid and generation.

LIF. Grow up.

I did mention it. By including your one misquote from my February post in your spam, it adds each and every one of your responses (that aren't even to me) to my list of "responses", of which only ten get listed, and the pointers to everybody else's responses are lost ... so you are effectively hitting me with Denial of Service attacks, and if management is fine with that then obviously there is nothing I can do about it.

Apparently management is fine with that here.

200w.webp
200w.webp

You suffer from innumeracy. I'll help you out. Remember that the issue is whether solar and wind are needed, not whether they are nonetheless used for political purposes.

You'll notice that Texas power requirements are well below Texas needing to go to full capacity. If Texas were to ever require greater output, more can be easily generated.

Please note the max capacities, if needed (wind and solar omitted, of course):

Natural Gas 69,890 MW
Coal and Lignite 14,321 MW
Nuclear 5,448 MW
Power Storage 4,695 MW

TOTAL: 94,354 MW

... but the summer peak requirements never make it to 84,000 MW. Wind and solar are never needed.

The fact that Texas likes to infuse a bit of wind and solar power for political purposes (I notice that ERCOT lists both solar and wind first for some reason, like they are virtue-signaling or something) does nothing to somehow make either needed.

Once again, you were the one that cited this information source. It undergirds my point while trashing yours.

Don't be afraid to come to me with the hard stuff.
Power storage is now electrical generation? You are too funny. Next you will be telling us it is the cheapest way to produce electricity.

The peak is more than 84,000 but thanks for playing. Projected to be 85,333 on Thursday this week.
The maximum capacity is not the maximum summer capacity. I wonder what happens in summer that could possibly reduce the capacity.
Summer capacity is
Natural Gas 53,446 MW
Coal and Lignite 13,568 MW
Nuclear 4,973 MW

Total Summer capacity - 71987
https://www.ercot.com/gridmktinfo/dashboards

It's nice that your mythical world has power plants and transmission lines that never need maintenance and aren't affected by heat.

All it takes is 2 of the largest power production sites to go offline even at max capacity and you can't meet the demand.

Bulverism. Bigotry.
Continued spam posts.

File a complaint, Sybil. I want you to give Damo a laugh. LOL
I'm not Sybil, nor can I file a complaint for her.

As for me, I'm perfectly fine with sitting back while you continue to put your lunacy on full display. I think it's funny that three particular forum users have such a hold over your mind.

Last edited:
Back