My fair share

evince

Truthmatters
http://www.nationalpriorities.org/costofwar_home

Now Im wondering if someone else should have to pay MY share of the cost of the Iraqi war.

It was done against my will, it has been a disastor.

I hear conservatives saying that things like our schooling here in the US is a disastor and they want their money back so they can send their kids to a private school.

This war has been a disastor and I want my money back so I can send a soldier to therapy that they are not getting from the military. I want it back to buy training or schooling for our soldiers. I want it back to replace the equipment worn to shreds by this war. I Want My Money Back.

Which of you people should be forced to pay my share back to me?

http://www.nationalpriorities.org/costofwar_home

Now Im wondering if someone else should have to pay MY share of the cost of the Iraqi war.

It was done against my will, it has been a disastor.

I hear conservatives saying that things like our schooling here in the US is a disastor and they want their money back so they can send their kids to a private school.

This war has been a disastor and I want my money back so I can send a soldier to therapy that they are not getting from the military. I want it back to buy training or schooling for our soldiers. I want it back to replace the equipment worn to shreds by this war. I Want My Money Back.

Which of you people should be forced to pay my share back to me?
I wish.

I'd love to have the cash that I put into the "War on Drugs" and the "War on Poverty"... and that is just for starters. It would be awesome if I could drag my cash back from all the things the government does that I didn't support.

Thats the point Damo you dont "get it back" you fix the fucking system so it works better, or you pull out of a war that is distroying the country. You dont get your money back.

So no more bullshit about wanting your money back for private schools.

Lets fix our schools instead.

Lets Fix our military and never again use it in a way that distroys this country.

Lets dump the war on drugs and fix the real problem.

If we did those things the WOPoverty would be half fixed itself.

Thats the point Damo you dont "get it back" you fix the fucking system so it works better, or you pull out of a war that is distroying the country. You dont get your money back.

Lets Fix our military and never again use it in a way that distroys this country.

1) Creating competition for public schools will help fix the system. Monopolies are not good.

2) Yes, eliminate the War Powers Act.

3) without question end the idiotic war on drugs. Make them legal, tax them like we do alcohol.

4) Education is the main thing needed in the war on poverty.

You were the one making the point that way. I just asked a few questions.

Get all mad all you want. Most people wanted that war. The PR against it has been successful (for a large part due to the misrepresentation from those who wanted the war), now those same people don't.

You can get mad all you want and it still won't change what is.

I already said where I'm going with this.

I won't vote for a candidate that doesn't promise to do the following:

1. Do something about illegal immigration.
2. Work for a balanced budget amendment.
and
3. Get rid of that oft-abused "War Powers Act" that allows us to get into these messes without responsibility toward those who are supposed to declare war.

The problem with the "just fix things" idea is that there are different opinions of how to fix them. SF outlined what he thought which is probably far different that what some other people think. I don't propose to know any answers but I can definitely see this as a problem we have as a country right now.

It could start with studying the problems and then acting in a responsible manner to the best knowledge on the progrmas instead of supporting ideas out of pure politics.

It seems some consider any kind of study that they dont like the results of is just liberal illetist lies.

Lets do the right thing instead of just claiming nothing will work.

It could start with studying the problems and then acting in a responsible manner to the best knowledge on the progrmas instead of supporting ideas out of pure politics.

It seems some consider any kind of study that they dont like the results of is just liberal illetist lies.

To the second paragraph......or conservative talking points revisited.

I agree. Something needs to be done to address these areas and somehwere, somehow, folks are going to have to find common ground to fix anything.

You mean kind of like someone who dismisses the concept of school vouchers and private school competition simply because it is a Rep idea?

:)

Did you read that study Desh??? Keep in mind they only studied the public schools in Milwaukee, but if anything that study shows exactly why the competition is good.... and why the public school system needs to rethink how and what they teach the kids.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_vouchers#Opponents

According to the National Conference of State Legislatures, 76% of the money handed out for Arizona’s voucher program has gone to children already in private schools

So? If you take the $8k (or whatever the number is) that the government pays for a kid to attend public school and send it to the school of choice.... then that parents tax dollars are going to the educational system they prefer. Would you prefer the same old no-bid contract our public school system has had in place for decades?

It ends up being a tax break for the rich on the backs of poorer tax payers.

If it worked Id be for it.

Read the whole statement on finding

I read the entire thing Desh... it stated that the Public schools had a one time 2 year boost in results right as the private schools were allowed to participate. Then Milwaukee public schools stagnated.... all the while losing more and more students to the voucher program. Resulting in Milwaukee public schools being shut down.

So while the study concludes that MPS did not continue to improve.... it also shows what happened as a result.... that parents continued choosing private and magnate schools in greater number as a result.

It also mentions that the results could have been due to the "cream" of the public school students shifting in greater numbers to the private (which would lower the public school averages even though the remaining students might actually be doing better).

It also mentions that proponents of eliminating vouchers were desiring a "common" experience for the kids.... which is one of the biggest reasons I beleive the public school system sucks. It should not be a common experience. The educational system should push (as much as possible) each student to their maximum potential. It should not be a common experience (again, my opinion)

Back