My fear about McCain...

I disagree. I have studied the demographics on a few states and it appears to me that he is stuck where he is because of these issues. They limit him as much if not more than they buoy him.

Even if he is elected, he can't succeed in this issue.

Again, my problem is not that you find his position wrong, I do as well. It's that it would comprise your one "fear about McCain." McCain's threats to liberty are greater and more realizable than Huckabee's. Huckabee as VP would not make any difference to me. Hell, I'd probably prefer him as President over McCain, though the preference would not be enough to make me support him.

Cool. So you are against the FDA?

Very much so, on some issues.

1) I would agree if the guy had credence to back up the mongering. He does not.

2) It hurts your side if you attempt to create panic in a situation where there is no danger of the guy winning or getting a VP spot. As in this case.

I said, IF. The prospect scares me. I am not trying to create a panic, I am merely discussing possabilities her on a discussion board. I am not speaking to a large television audience.

I disagree. I have studied the demographics on a few states and it appears to me that he is stuck where he is because of these issues. They limit him as much if not more than they buoy him.

Even if he is elected, he can't succeed in this issue.

Again, my problem is not that you find his position wrong, I do as well. It's that it would comprise your one "fear about McCain." McCain's threats to liberty are greater and more realizable than Huckabee's. Huckabee as VP would not make any difference to me. Hell, I'd probably prefer him as President over McCain, though the preference would not be enough to make me support him.

Cool. So you are against the FDA?

Its not the possability of succeding on the issue that bothers me, its the pholosphy that is illistrated by the guys actions.

I said, IF. The prospect scares me. I am not trying to create a panic, I am merely discussing possabilities her on a discussion board. I am not speaking to a large television audience.

You are discussing a "possibility" that has no chance of materializing.

There are plenty of candidates out there McCain could choose that could help if he were "concerned" about losing the RR. He would not choose an RR that is also so friggin liberal on economic policy. There would be no point to that. THAT would drive away more support than it would bring in.

There is no way Huckabee will be VP. NONE.

You are discussing a "possibility" that has no chance of materializing.

There are plenty of candidates out there McCain could choose that could help if he were "concerned" about losing the RR. He would not choose an RR that is also so friggin liberal on economic policy. There would be no point to that. THAT would drive away more support than it would bring in.

There is no way Huckabee will be VP. NONE.

I hope you are correct. Bush espoused these crazy ideas and attitudes and he got elected twice, once by popular vote!

The possability of these ideas working on a nieve public is not that remote!

McCain doesn't need "help" in Huckabee's arena. He needs it in Romney's. The plain fact is he needs economics on the ticket not new Earthers.

McCain doesn't need "help" in Huckabee's arena. He needs it in Romney's. The plain fact is he needs economics on the ticket not new Earthers.

Rush Linberger talks about the three legs of the Republican base, National Security, Fiscal Conservativsm, and Social Conservativsm. McCain is lacking more in the fiscal as he is in the social, and in my opinion in the National Secutiry as well.

My fear about McCain is that he may have some insecurities about not appealing to the Religous Right and feel he has to choose Huckleberry as his VP.

This would really be an embarrassment to the United States and bring shame to the ideals of the founding fathers.

If he does choose Huckleberry Ill have to donate lots of $ to Senator Clinton or Obama and join the local campaign as a volunteer.

The biggest fear about McCain should be that he's a borderline lunatic in love with war.

I dont belive he is a lunatic, but possably. He surely has a volitale temper.

This is not man who should be president.

He speaks of 100 year wars, and warns that there wil be wars and more wars, and lusts to bomb Iran and anyone else who gets in his way.

Seriously, all republican hate aside .. this is not a man who should be president.

This is not man who should be president.

He speaks of 100 year wars, and warns that there wil be wars and more wars, and lusts to bomb Iran and anyone else who gets in his way.

Seriously, all republican hate aside .. this is not a man who should be president.

Ahhh yes, the faux fear strategy AGAIN...

HE does not speak of the war lasting 100 years

He does acknowledge there will be wars in the future.

He does not "lust to bomb Iran"... it was a stupid joke that was an attempt to pander to the crowd.

Ahhh yes, the faux fear strategy AGAIN...

HE does not speak of the war lasting 100 years

He does acknowledge there will be wars in the future.

He does not "lust to bomb Iran"... it was a stupid joke that was an attempt to pander to the crowd.

A person who seeks to become the most powerful person in the world CANNOT make "jokes" about bombing another nation, particularly while at the same time bombing 2 other nations.

There is clearly not enough intelligence to be president in such a person.

There is little question that McCain is a warhawk of the highest order .. little question. America's penchant for war has lead to anti-americanism and the loss of American stature, influence, and respect all over the world. A person who seeks to become the president should possess the intelligence to understand the position we sit so precariously in .. and not seek the office talking about more wars .. particularly given the antiwar sentiment in this country.

John McCain is not a man who should be president. He is borderline lunatic and he wil be EASY to beat.

Washington and Adams had horrible tempers and were nevertheless a great and a competent executives. Washington kept his hidden from the public but would often explode during cabinet meetings. Adams was well-known for not being able to control his emotions. I don't think history speaks unkindly towards anger in this arena.

Then why are you so opposed to him? If he is that easy to beat, he is irrelevant to the election.

I'm opposed to every republican running .. but he's the front-runner, thus my comment about him.

Are you suggesting I shouldn't say anthing about him .. even though he'll be easy to beat?

All of them wil be easy to beat, including Romney.

Washington and Adams had horrible tempers and were nevertheless a great and a competent executives. Washington kept his hidden from the public but would often explode during cabinet meetings. Adams was well-known for not being able to control his emotions. I don't think history speaks unkindly towards anger in this arena.

Common sense does.

Neither Washington or Adams had nukes.

Reagan joked about bombing Russia while he was president, when he did not realize he was on the air during his weekly radio address.

Back