My fear about McCain...

You called yourself that, because you said you "feared" this in the title. When somebody says you are afraid of something when you have said you are first it isn't "calling" you afraid, it is the state of emotion that you informed us you were in.

Jarod... you have just been lawyered.

It's not always wrong. SOme times they can get there in time, or happen to be there. It happens. And when they do protect you, they are actually individual and not "the state".
They are not designed as protective, they are designed as reactive. That they happen to be there in some cases or get there quickly while the guys are still there doesn't make them protective. It makes them lucky, easier to investigate the crime if they catch the fool red handed.

They are not designed as protective, they are designed as reactive. That they happen to be there in some cases or get there quickly while the guys are still there doesn't make them protective. It makes them lucky, easier to investigate the crime if they catch the fool red handed.

SOmetimes they protect. They protect and serve. Usually they're too late, doesn't mean protection isn't a goal. They are mostly reactive in reality, but I believe protection is part of the INTENT, regardless of effectiveness.

Because it is his set of beliefs and therefore isn't bad.

Atheists pretend that they have evidence and are therefore not practicing faith. It's total rubbish.

I explained that it takes an infinite leap of faith no matter where on the line of probability you jump off from. Saying that they use "more" of it to believe in a Deity is total rubbish. Going from a probability to an assurance without evidence is an infinite leap regardless of which direction you leap.

I agree completely. Which is why everyone should be agnostic to a degree. We don't know either way. If we did, it would be fact not faith. Those who are positive one way or the other bug the shit out of me.

If Senator Clinton opposed putting up a nativity scene in the privacy of ones own bedroom, and used religen as a reason to oppose it, I would be just as offended. You see the liberals usually do not USE relgous tenates to try to get the government to force people to comform, if they did I would be very opposed to it.

You should be way more offended. The government telling you you can't put a nativity scen on your own property is far more offensive than the government placing a nativity scene on government property. And I do not care how she justifies it. She could use religion, some horseshit about the kiddies or concern for how it affects the state, it really does not matter.

I agree completely. Which is why everyone should be agnostic to a degree. We don't know either way. If we did, it would be fact not faith. Those who are positive one way or the other bug the shit out of me.

Those who are sure should be tortured into obedience to the Holy Spirit of Just Not Being Sure.

Money does NOT equate to free speech. Why should Soros and Murdoch have more influence on the elections simply because they are billionaires?

Because money does not equal free speech. You have the same right to speak that Soros and Murdoch enjoy.

Bullshit. Tell me... if the government forces people to conform to atheistic beliefs... how is that any different?

If you go to Church and the Government forces you to quit, I would think your live would be different.

If there was a religen that said hetrosexual sex was a sin, and the government decided to try to enforce that, I would think your life would be differnt.

Those who are sure should be tortured into obedience to the Holy Spirit of Just Not Being Sure.
No, they should just realize that they are pulling the other side of the same tug-o-war rope instead of pretending they have the "right" answer that all should be "gifted" with.

What annoys most people about them is the total belief that they are somehow "better" because of their total acceptance of one or the other idea without regard to the whole faith idea.

Because money does not equal free speech. You have the same right to speak that Soros and Murdoch enjoy.

So you are fine with the current system where the wealthy can continue their dominance on political opinion. Where they can continue to have politicians bought and paid for via their 527's?

No, they should just realize that they are pulling the other side of the same tug-o-war rope instead of pretending they have the "right" answer that all should be "gifted" with.

What annoys most people about them is the total belief that they are somehow "better" because of their total acceptance of one or the other idea without regard to the whole faith idea.

What annoys me about mushminds is how they believe all strong convictions are wrong. These are the worst tools of statist oppression, as they destroy the human spirit from the inside.

And further the right to free speech is not conditioned on whether you, McCain or the state think it has a fair affect on elections.

NO LAW!

There is no mention about the state ensuring equal impact of speech, equal resources promoting the speech or how it effects elections.

Last edited:
You called yourself that, because you said you "feared" this in the title. When somebody says you are afraid of something when you have said you are first it isn't "calling" you afraid, it is the state of emotion that you informed us you were in.

Still not the same as being a FEAR MONGER. All the fancy language in the world will not change that.

What annoys me about mushminds is how they believe all strong convictions are wrong. These are the worst tools of statist oppression, as they destroy the human spirit from the inside.
Once again, strong conviction, those words actually regard and include the faith idea within them. Unreasoned perfect assurance without understanding the faith thing is what is annoying.

Usually you only find that in the Atheists (Note the capitalized "A").

Almost all people who believe a standard religion with a Deity or deities understand and accept that it takes faith to believe that way. While those who take the leap in the other direction want to believe that they didn't use any faith to get there. It is unreasonable and stupid to believe such.

So you are fine with the current system where the wealthy can continue their dominance on political opinion. Where they can continue to have politicians bought and paid for via their 527's?

Where does the first guarantee equal impact of speech? Money is not speech, quit arguing that it is.

Still not the same as being a FEAR MONGER. All the fancy language in the world will not change that.
Pointing out that even if he is selected all that you "fear" will never happen is simply dispelling the mongering.

You know it won't happen yet take the time to inform everybody why they should be "afraid" of it. Then pretend that you never said you "feared" it, when it was in the title.

I'm sorry you are scared of ineffective ideas in somebody you feel might be selected as VP. But there are reasons you should not be. I listed them in this thread.

There is nothing wrong with having strong convictions when it comes to faith. The line is when an individual uses those strong convictions and attempts to force others to believe as they do.

Back