My hope for the future of the American Conservative Christian Church

Yes, I remember that conversation very well. And I do not disagree with you that this attitude is troubling.

I think "wrongly" and I agree.

And here is a problem that a lot of us have making our religious beliefs and political stances gee-haw. Take me for instance. I am adamantly opposed to abortion and consider it to be murder. I am active in fostering/adopting and seeking other to do the same if I think their family situation can handle it. Not every family is suited to hold up to the strains of fostering and adopting. But I am only one man and we are only one family. My heart hurts for all of those kids out there in DHS and those kids who are born to an uncaring family situation. Sometimes, for a brief moment, I think maybe abortion would have been a better choice. But then I come back to my belief that life begins at conception and that every baby deserves a chance at life. This is just one thing. I am for social programs that care for the poor. I am for oversight to find a users of the system but then these a users have kids oftentimes who are adversely affected when they are caught. (This is a real struggle where I live and it is a sad cycle that we can't seem to break here.) Obviously there is more but politics and religion are hard to mesh.

As to religious belief making people more accepting of their fellow man ... It doesn't...and probably won't ever. As long as there is religion and as long as there is a belief that there is right (moral) behavior and wrong (immoral) behavior, there will be this tendancy to point out the wrong or immoral.

Thank you for this, leaning. It's a very kind and gracious response and the perfect example of Proverbs 15, "A soft answer turneth away wrath..." :)

Its not myself. So... You see... all humans were created in the likeness of God.

God permeates all of creation.
why does he permeate me in the totally opposite way than he permeates you?.....you have to have a different permeator.....

in fact, I suspect you have a false permeator.....

why does he permeate me in the totally opposite way than he permeates you?.....you have to have a different permeator.....

in fact, I suspect you have a false permeator.....

God permeates people in different ways for different reasons... and there are things that are beyond our understanding. We are living different paths.

Back