My prediction for Tuesday night

Cancel11

God Bless America
McCain by a whisker. Obama *might* take the popular vote by a slight edge (49 - 48), but McCain will claim 286 Electoral votes.

Of the swing states, Obama will take Colorado and New Hampshire. (I'm not counting New Mexico and Iowa, neither of which are considered to be a swing states at this point). However, New Hampshire will be VERY close, so it is possible McCain will pick up that state as well.

Due to the Bradley effect and low turnout by new voters in Pennsylvania, McCain will win the state by anywhere from 10,000 to 50,000 votes. He will also win Virginia, despite polls which show Obama leading by as much as 10 points.

McCain will win for three very simple reasons. One, the Bradley effect. Two, a relatively high percentage of undecided voters going into the booth (around 14%), the majority of whom I believe will pull the lever for McCain. Three, lower turnout by young/new voters than predicted.

Last edited:
In my doom electoral projection I gave McCain every state Obama wasn't absolutely certain to win, and he won with like 271.

Obama is absolutely certain to win Pennsylvania.

In my doom electoral projection I gave McCain every state Obama wasn't absolutely certain to win, and he won with like 271.

Obama is absolutely certain to win Pennsylvania.

Don't be shocked when McCain really does win Pennsylvania. :)

I hate to say it, but there are a lot of people in Pennsylvania who just don't feel comfortable with a black President. That's not to say all of them are racist. I think everyone has their bigotries, and it doesn't necessarily make them racist.

Is this your honest prediction Brent?

This seems like nothing but fanciful bullshit. I have a doom scenario in which McCain wins, but it is not the prediction that I see as likely.

Sorry Thor you guys cant cheat enough to win this time.

On monday I suggest you take all the sharp objects in your home to a friends house for safe keeping.

brent you are not really basing this on anything other than your high hopes. None of the polling data suggests any of this will happen. Pennsylvania is solidly obama.

I think it is likely that a slight 3% Bradley effect for McCain could make a McCain presidency. Whoever gets the popular vote is likely to sweep all or most of the swing states. It's still a much prettier positions for Obama though.

Sorry Thor you guys cant cheat enough to win this time.

On monday I suggest you take all the sharp objects in your home to a friends house for safe keeping.

LOL, dont forget your shoe laces, ropes, belts, bed sheets and all medications.

Back