MY PREDICTIONS FOR THE 2024 PRESIDENTIAL RACE

Biden was the right guy to beat Trump in 2016 and he has set the country on the right path after the mess Trump handed him.

If Trump is the nominee again, Biden will beat him again.

It Trump cannot run, i doubt Biden will run, if there is time to put in someone else.

That someone would Gavin Newsome, who no one in the current GOP field (including Trump) would stand a chance against. Trump would be terrified to run against Gavin now.

Gavin would have a harder time winning the Dem Primaries than the GE. James Clyburn would be the key to that. He would have to be the face of why the Dem's were not going with Kamala and to sell Gavin to the black voters, so they did not lose them.

I shall sticky this thread and give it the due attention it should have. Maybe I should make a "predictions" forum in the Politics arena of the board...

What say you folks? Would it be useful?

I just moved this thread to the Predictions area... We shall see how accurate it was soon enough.

Biden was the right guy to beat Trump in 2016 and he has set the country on the right path after the mess Trump handed him.

If Trump is the nominee again, Biden will beat him again.

It Trump cannot run, i doubt Biden will run, if there is time to put in someone else.

That someone would Gavin Newsome, who no one in the current GOP field (including Trump) would stand a chance against. Trump would be terrified to run against Gavin now.

Gavin would have a harder time winning the Dem Primaries than the GE. James Clyburn would be the key to that. He would have to be the face of why the Dem's were not going with Kamala and to sell Gavin to the black voters, so they did not lose them.

I would say that black American's in general are not wholly bound to just knee jerk "vote for the black person". Slick Willy Clinton proved that, as did John Kerry.

Harris was brought on the ticket to assuage voters about his 1994 Crime Bill vote.

Just saying.

I would say that black American's in general are not wholly bound to just knee jerk "vote for the black person". Slick Willy Clinton proved that, as did John Kerry.

Harris was brought on the ticket to assuage voters about his 1994 Crime Bill vote.

Just saying.

Of course. And i was not saying otherwise.

But there would be a delicate dance if Biden was to drop out, to switch away from Kamala. There will be a ton of politicking by her supporters to suggest it is an insult to all Black people, and a slap in their face for all their support to not give her the chance to be Potus candidate. If Clyburn goes with Gavin he can easily diffuse it like few others could.

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post

Just saying.

Of course. And i was not saying otherwise.

But there would be a delicate dance if Biden was to drop out, to switch away from Kamala. There will be a ton of politicking by her supporters to suggest it is an insult to all Black people, and a slap in their face for all their support to not give her the chance to be Potus candidate. If Clyburn goes with Gavin he can easily diffuse it like few others could.

I'd say it would be the MSM doing it's usual job of hyping the voices of one side while ignoring the other. It was like all the hoopla about Hillary Clinton....not every registered Democrat woman was in her corner.

Quit frankly, outside of her state and the "Beltway" no one knew WTF Harris was. A deep dive into her professional history would be a real eye opener for folk voting for Harris just because she's a black woman (you can thank WBAI of Pacifica Broadcast for that).

I'd say it would be the MSM doing it's usual job of hyping the voices of one side while ignoring the other..

The mainstream media sell ads, Tacky.

They've got some measure of journalism credentials not found in the internet blogging sewer, true enough,
but they still accept ads and cannot claim Mt. Sinai status--their sources are not carved stone tablets either.

The new reality is to pick the news that we like
and then guess what actually happened.

The obvious prediction is that Biden and trump are nominated, and that Biden wins by a slimmer majority than we would want, but a bigger majority than last time.

The only thing that could change that would be if one or the other died. Even trump's conviction would not likely change anything.

Originally Posted by Dachshund View Post
(1) I am certain the Dems will take Biden out very soon. I think he'll be forced to stand down in about 2 months MAX.

Well, you were proven wrong. It is more than two months later, and Biden is still going strong.

What, what?!? The Nazi Dog is WRONG? Good lord, his head must've exploded! :laugh:

The obvious prediction is that Biden and trump are nominated, and that Biden wins by a slimmer majority than we would want, but a bigger majority than last time.

The only thing that could change that would be if one or the other died. Even trump's conviction would not likely change anything.

That's a good analysis. My thing is this country cannot afford a repeat version of Reagan's last term...being propped up while deteriorating under Alzheimer. That would be if Biden keeps the nomination and wins. And Lord knows this democracy cannot survive another 4 years of Cheeto Jeezus.

The old curse; "May you live in interesting times" seems to be upon us.

Back