NASA Administrator... "(My) Primary Charge Is To Reach Out To Muslims"...

I've written both here and to Obama directly that I do NOT support being in A'stan, and especially his bad (IMO) decision in sending over more troops.

That aside, I don't see the bush cowboy mentality and rhetoric evident in this administration.
So, you're saying that we are indeed trying to change the face of the ME at the point of a gun, just with different rhetoric so it makes it all better? This is the guy who you voted for after he stated that this war would continue, then you pretend it isn't happening because he uses different rhetoric?

Inane, if NASA had participated in the "damage" you might have some reason to send them to make Muslims feel better about centuries old "contributions"....

Ugh. Send diplomats to be diplomats, let our scientists be scientists.

Fiscally stupid policy to cut the budget of one popular program that gives economic return... Then to charge the Administrator with diplomatic missions? *ugh*...

It doesn't matter what the man does, you will attempt to find some way to hacktacularly "reinvent" it.

Let our ping pongers play ping pong.

So, you're saying that we are indeed trying to change the face of the ME at the point of a gun, just with different rhetoric so it makes it all better? This is the guy who you voted for after he stated that this war would continue, then you pretend it isn't happening because he uses different rhetoric?

One can't go in after eight years of fighting and say, "Oops, we're sorry. I hope there's no hard feelings."

Iraq and Afghanistan with saber-rattling to North Korea, Iran, Syria.....does anyone expect after eight years of war or threats of war a change in Presidents is going to erase all that?

It's going to take time and let's be honest, in some cases, irreparable damage has been done. Obama has an uphill battle. Some countries or, rather, some people in some countries will never change and it's nobody's business to change them.

At least Obama is trying. All the money wasted on war. That's the outrage.

One can't go in after eight years of fighting and say, "Oops, we're sorry. I hope there's no hard feelings."

Iraq and Afghanistan with saber-rattling to North Korea, Iran, Syria.....does anyone expect after eight years of war or threats of war a change in Presidents is going to erase all that?

It's going to take time and let's be honest, in some cases, irreparable damage has been done. Obama has an uphill battle. Some countries or, rather, some people in some countries will never change and it's nobody's business to change them.

At least Obama is trying. All the money wasted on war. That's the outrage.
One can, however understand that saying this was "the right war", vowing to continue it, and to find Bin Laden might actually mean the war would continue, exactly as before.

The difference of rhetoric doesn't change that what you say "isn't" happening, actually is.

It is beyond hacktackular to ignore we are at war to say, "thank god we aren't at war!"... *whew*... Obama doesn't allow anybody in his administration to say "Radical Islam" and that means we aren't killing people in the ME! We're safe now! You can tell that by Obama "doing everything in his power to keep Iran from getting nuclear weapons" as he promised during the campaign. Yeah, that and the fact that nobody is dying in Afghanistan anymore because he doesn't say "War on Terror"...

Different rhetoric doesn't change what is happening in reality.

One can, however understand that saying this was "the right war", vowing to continue it, and to find Bin Laden might actually mean the war would continue, exactly as before.

The difference of rhetoric doesn't change that what you say "isn't" happening, actually is.

It is beyond hacktackular to ignore we are at war to say, "thank god we aren't at war!"... *whew*... Obama doesn't allow anybody in his administration to say "Radical Islam" and that means we aren't killing people in the ME! We're safe now! You can tell that by Obama "doing everything in his power to keep Iran from getting nuclear weapons" as he promised during the campaign. Yeah, that and the fact that nobody is dying in Afghanistan anymore because he doesn't say "War on Terror"...

Different rhetoric doesn't change what is happening in reality.

It takes time to change things. At least Obama isn't walking around like some 19th century gunslinger saying, "Bring it on."

Obviously he can't just pack it up and leave. He's stuck cleaning up the mess from the last wannabe gunslinger.

WTf are you blabbering about numbnuts? I didn't vote for the changer.

You know,,, I forgot exactly what I was blabbering about.

I know it wasn't anything bad. Concerning you that is.

Besides, I was drunk. I think. It's hell getting old.

It takes time to change things. At least Obama isn't walking around like some 19th century gunslinger saying, "Bring it on."

Obviously he can't just pack it up and leave. He's stuck cleaning up the mess from the last wannabe gunslinger.

Out of curiosity why can't we leave Afghanistan?

He didn't promise to "change" anything in that war. He promoted it as the "right war". You are attempting to rewrite recent history with your own "hope" rather than what the man said. He's fighting the "right war", the one he promised during the campaign to win as well as to bring Bin Laden to justice.

Again, reality doesn't match what you are saying. You spent time telling me those wars weren't happening. I only point out that you are engaging in rewriting the present, it isn't even history you are attempting to rewrite. Do you think Joe Mohamed cares that the President speaks with less "cowboy" when his father is killed and called "collateral damage"?

He didn't promise to "change" anything in that war. He promoted it as the "right war". You are attempting to rewrite recent history with your own "hope" rather than what the man said. He's fighting the "right war", the one he promised during the campaign to win as well as to bring Bin Laden to justice.

Again, reality doesn't match what you are saying. You spent time telling me those wars weren't happening. I only point out that you are engaging in rewriting the present, it isn't even history you are attempting to rewrite. Do you think Joe Mohamed cares that the President speaks with less "cowboy" when his father is killed and called "collateral damage"?

It sounds like apple needs a reminder that the Democratic argument during the 2000's was Bush took his eye off the important war, Afghanistan, by going to Iraq. It wasn't we shouldn't have gone into Afghanistan. Go check out John Kerry's 2004 platform. 90% of the country supported going into Afghanistan at the time we did it. That was hardly a 'cowboy' maneuver.

Inane, if NASA had participated in the "damage" you might have some reason to send them to make Muslims feel better about centuries old "contributions"....

Ugh. Send diplomats to be diplomats, let our scientists be scientists.

Fiscally stupid policy to cut the budget of one popular program that gives economic return... Then to charge the Administrator with diplomatic missions? *ugh*...

It doesn't matter what the man does, you will attempt to find some way to hacktacularly "reinvent" it.

Keep spinning. You extracted one phrase out of a 22-minute video and are trying to frame it as representing NASA's entire mission. Dishonest to the core.

And speaking of "reinventing"... it doesn't matter what Obama does or says, you'll find a way to turn it against him.

Btw... that "ugh" business is simply childish. It would be a refreshing change to see you respond to a liberal's post without snarkiness, but obviously that's too much to expect.

We can have NASA operate like the Kim Jong-Il administration, teaching the Arabs all about how the ME produced calculus, nuclear physics and the bomb, astrophysics, jet-propulsion, aeronautical engineering, the equipment and facilities of Cape Canaveral and Houston Center, Sputnik, all of the Apollos except the American 13, the Hubble, and the ISS. Damn these people are awesome!!

Amen to that! Afghanistan and Iraq while aggravating North Korea and Iran and possibly Syria and Pakistan and who knows where else.

Repub rhetorical flourishes like "axis of evil": guaranteed to warm the cockles of Iraqi, Irani and Korean hearts.

"Evil empire": how to win friends and influence the citizens of Russia.

I disagreed with both bush and Obama on Afghanistan.

Your point is what? That before election day I should have somehow divined that Obama wasn't really going to pull out those troops? That I should have voted for McCain because he, of course, campaigned on immediate troop withdrawal from both A'stan and Iraq? </sarcasm>

Obama gave his own reasons for staying, reasons I disagree with, but he sure as heck isn't bloviating about "spreading freedom and democracy".

Actually he hits that 'bring it on' note quite a lot, mostly aimed at the citizens of the US:

obama bring it on - Google Search

I clicked on the second link. (http://blogs.reuters.com/frontrow/2009/02/28/barack-obamas-bring-em-on-moment/) The first comment after the article reads, "Ah, yeah, because saying you’re going to “fight” lobbyists is just like challenging militants to attack and kill American troops. Moron."

One can not compare domestic political discourse to deliberately antagonizing foreigners bent on killing.

Back