Nazi Alert

If our apartments were separated by a door and I sat there on the floor and blew smoke under it, you might have a point.

So, are you saying that if smoke from one neighbor's unit gets into other people's units, you agree with me?

So if my neighbor cooks things that make me ill should get the government limit those things. My first wife was horribly allergic to about 80% of all perfumes. Should that be regulated by the goverment? What's after that, if your houses are close enough you might be able to smell your neighbor smoking a cigarette or a cigar in their own HOUSE. The government should then pass a law for that as well?

I have an idea, if you don't like living next to a smoker or beneath them, tell your landlord that you are going to move. Let the market decide instead of having big brother regulate every private act out of existence because it might offend someones delicate sensibilities. But instead, the left wing interferers will pass laws so that tenants can call the police about the neighbor downstairs SMOKING. Christ if we can just get them working harder on Loitering we should be able to consume all law enforcement manpower to doing bullshit nanny state baby sitting.

Last edited:
My guess is that it's largely because of circulation. ..................
It's important to realize that when you're in a multi-unit complex, even though it seems that you're isolated you really are not alone. Air is only one of the things you share, but if you're altering the state of the air then others in the complex will suffer.

QFT

Of course if we were talking marijuana smoke regulations instead of tobacco, watch how fast those San Fran Libs do a 180.

Eventually government passes so many laws that more and more people just say "Fuck it" and live life how they want.

I'd personally rather see cops going out and doing useful things like tracking down missing kids or patrolling crime-ridden areas, instead more of them will take on nanny-state bullshit. What a terrible way to set your priorities, I know this was a concern for you Tiana (with the missing child reports you've made in the past), just remember that one more cop doing this is one more cop not looking for missing kids.

Yes. Some jack@sses' second hand smoke on my property is this issue. I don't want in my apartment.

If you can show some significant amount of smoke, fine take them up for a violation of your property. But you cannot. Maybe I don't want smoke from my neighbors incense or cooking. Maybe I don't want the fumes from their kitty litter box? How about we write all kind of stupid laws to "protect" against such property violations.

Of course if we were talking marijuana smoke regulations instead of tobacco, watch how fast those San Fran Libs do a 180.

Eventually government passes so many laws that more and more people just say "Fuck it" and live life how they want.

Haha that's one of my main arguments. A cigarette afterwards help cover up the otherwise pungent smell of my declicious herb.

LMAO...how so very true...

I'd personally rather see cops going out and doing useful things like tracking down missing kids or patrolling crime-ridden areas, instead more of them will take on nanny-state bullshit. What a terrible way to set your priorities, I know this was a concern for you Tiana (with the missing child reports you've made in the past), just remember that one more cop doing this is one more cop not looking for missing kids.

I was thinking about this as I was reading all the false outrage..was hoping someone else would bring it up...kudos!:)

yes. its absolutely horrific for me to think about the impedence of second hand smoke to my health and well being by inconsiderate neighbors. The next time your neighbor is partying loudly until 5:00 am and your kids can't sleep, just remember there's a missing child somewhere out there who needs to be found. What a crock of $hit.

If you can show some significant amount of smoke, fine take them up for a violation of your property. But you cannot. Maybe I don't want smoke from my neighbors incense or cooking. Maybe I don't want the fumes from their kitty litter box? How about we write all kind of stupid laws to "protect" against such property violations.

Again, I'm telling you the smoke was thick and extremely bothersome. My boyfriend and I both were bothered by it. I'll add, my previous neighbors had smelly food and trash all the time, but this was signficantly worse and a constant.

what kind of crap apartment lets thick billowing cigarette smoke through your walls and under your door? I've never heard of anything like that.

yes. its absolutely horrific for me to think about the impedence of second hand smoke to my health and well being by inconsiderate neighbors.

Quit reading nonsense. People who live with smokers take in about a total of 6 cigarettes a year. 6 cigarettes a year is no health risk. What you might get from your neighbor is far less.

The next time your neighbor is partying loudly until 5:00 am and your kids can't sleep, just remember there's a missing child somewhere out there who needs to be found. What a crock of $hit.

That, as well, would be better handled by managment than cops.

Again, I'm telling you the smoke was thick and extremely bothersome. My boyfriend and I both were bothered by it. I'll add, my previous neighbors had smelly food and trash all the time, but this was signficantly worse and a constant.

Keep in mind that libertarians believe that even if your neighbors were smoking 10 pounds of crack everyday and making enough meth to supply the entire eastern seaboard in their house, it's their right to do so, and if you or any children are bothered by ingesting or inhaling it .. then you haven't read the Constitution.

Crack and meth aren't in the Constitution, so it's their god-given right to make and smoke them.

lol.............

what kind of crap apartment lets thick billowing cigarette smoke through your walls and under your door? I've never heard of anything like that.

Ya forgot to mention she smells nasty food and garbage also...I think it best to dedicate a song to Lady t...Elvis sing your heart out for Lady t...'In The Ghetto'...sorry just could not resist the temptation was too great!

Keep in mind that libertarians believe that even if your neighbors were smoking 10 pounds of crack everyday and making enough meth to supply the entire eastern seaboard in their house, it's their right to do so, and if you or any children are bothered by ingesting or inhaling it .. then you haven't read the Constitution.

Crack and meth aren't in the Constitution, so it's their god-given right to make and smoke them.

Strawman.

I would think you would be against this, especially for the inconsistent enforcement.

If you can keep the smoke in your apartment and it doesn't seep up into ours, you'd have a point. But the fact is that it does get into other units. It gets through to the other apartments and units and it gets other people sick. Its not a victimless leisurely activity.

Might I suggest that you and your ilk start chewing tobacco.
It's because the building are built like shitty cardboard boxes.

yes. its absolutely horrific for me to think about the impedence of second hand smoke to my health and well being by inconsiderate neighbors. The next time your neighbor is partying loudly until 5:00 am and your kids can't sleep, just remember there's a missing child somewhere out there who needs to be found. What a crock of $hit.

Why is it a crock of shit? The police have resources like anyone, if you want to use more resources on nanny-state stuff then they have less resources for more serious crimes.

It's not like they're going to put in some overtime to track down the nefarious second hand smoke villains so they can feel they made a difference...

Honestly did you ever just try talking to your neighbors? People did use to do this once upon a time.

Strawman.

I would think you would be against this, especially for the inconsistent enforcement.

"Strawman"??

Hardly.

And no, I'm not against this ordinance. Why should anyone have to smell your smoke? Irrespective of the health risks .. which are real .. why should anyone have to endure your nasty habit of killing yourself?

Maybe it is the apartment? I lived in an apartment for a long time and I never smelled anyone elses garbage, cooking, or smoke. Sounds strange.

Back