Neighbors Rally Around a Cop Killer

Of course I do.

It's sad that the cop got killed but the guy acted perfectly reasonably for the circumstance: a man rushing into your house, unnanounced, breaking down a door, without a warrant, holding a gun.

Of course I do.

It's sad that the cop got killed but the guy acted perfectly reasonably for the circumstance: a man rushing into your house, unnanounced, breaking down a door, without a warrant, holding a gun.

WTF are you talking about the article itself admits they where serving a drug warrant the only real question is, was it a no knock warrant? Apparently so because that is this guys only lifeline and it's not even mentioned. Not sure of the state, but this guy is looking at the death penalty...

WTF are you talking about the article itself admits they where serving a drug warrant the only real question is, was it a no knock warrant? Apparently so because that is this guys only lifeline and it's not even mentioned. Not sure of the state, but this guy is looking at the death penalty...

If people come into my house, breaking down the door and weilding guns, I shoot them.

Maybe you wet your pants and hide under the bed, but I shoot them.

It was a no knock warrant.

Ryan Frederick of Chesapeake, VA is awaiting trial for the shooting death of Detective Jarrod Shivers. At 8:40 January 17, 2008, Chesapeake Police were executing a no-knock raid on Frederick's home. Acting on a tip from an informant, police suspected Frederick to be in possession of Marijuana plants. While attempting to gain entry to the residence, Det Shivers was shot once, fatally. Frederick claims he fired in self-defense, saying that he had been the victim of a break-in three days prior. It has been speculated that the police informant broke into Fredericks home and mistook sapling Japanese Maple trees for Marijuana plants. In addition to first-degree murder, he has been charged with misdemeanor possession of Marijuana, relating to joints found in his home. No marijuana plants were found.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_knock_warrant

This guy's blood is on the hands of the drug warlords, not Fredericks.

There wasn't a warrant on his house. They just broke into his house because they didn't find anything in the other guys house. The warrant on the other guys house was a no-knock warrant.

I am truly unaware of a state the kills people for shooting people who break into their home in the middle of the night with guns.

Last edited:
I'm going from the article posted, quoting here

'Ryan Frederick, fired that gun as police officers were trying to come through his front door to serve a drug search warrant.'

And if it was a no knock warrant, then he's screwed. You can debate the moral value of the procedures, and in some instances you're correct, but in most, especially in drug cases, a knock on the door, only serves to have the suspect try and destroy the evidence. Raiding a crack house with a knock is a joke and ineffective, and such why we have these kind of warrants.

'Ryan Frederick, fired that gun as police officers were trying to come through his front door to serve a drug search warrant.'

And if it was a no knock warrant, then he's screwed. You can debate the moral value of the procedures, and in some instances you're correct, but in most, especially in drug cases, a knock on the door, only serves to have the suspect try and destroy the evidence. Raiding a crack house with a knock is a joke and ineffective, and such why we have these kind of warrants.

And the government should be prepared to accept the consequences of the policy.

How was he supposed to tell the difference between a cop dressed all in black with no identification and a regular robber dressed in all black with no identification? When they both have a gun, you can't. The government can't blame people for deaths that result directly from it's policy. If anyone's at fault here, it's the government, and the police officers who requested the warrant. They know very good and well that they will look like robbers/murderers to anyone with sense.

Last edited:
What's better, WRL.

Crack getting flushed down the toilet, or two people being killed (the cop and the man who was acting in rational self-defense)?

Hello Larry. How are you?

Again, if armed men bust down my door and are aiming guns at me, or weilding guns in my house, I shoot them.

No Knock warrants are at the police's risk. People tend to go into survival mode when they feel they might be about to die, and it shouldn't be all that surprising that some people shoot other people who break into their homes.

This guy didn't have anything but a little bit of pot, yet you seem to think that justifies an armed mob coming into his house and that he should just sit there like a frog in a flashlight while his home is invaded in a surprise attack.

As usual, you're living in fantasyland.

I am truly unaware of a state the murders people (yes, it is murder WRL, and you're a murderer for supporting it) for shooting people who break into their home in the middle of the night with guns.

Almost all will give the death penalty to you for killing an officer, especially the SWAT officers that preform these raids.

How was he supposed to tell the difference between a cop dressed all in black with no identification and a regular robber dressed in all black with no identification? Whenever they both have a gun, you can't. The government can't blame people for deaths that result directly from it's policy. If anyone's at fault here, it's the government, and the police officers who requested the warrant. They know very good and well that they will look like robbers/murderers to anyone with sense.

How many robberies you hear of with battering rams?

Did they enter the house with battering rams?

If they had battering rams and guns and I had a gun, what does WM do?

Two options.

"Sheesh, men have just burst into my house wearing black and weilding guns. Gee, I heard about no-knock warrants somewhere, I guess I won't shoot."

Or:

*pow* *pow*

So if someone comes into your house with a battering ram, you should know its the seekers of justice, and not bad people.

OK Larry, how's the weather up there in the clouds?

So if someone comes into your house with a battering ram, you should know its the seekers of justice, and not bad people.

OK Larry, how's the weather up there in the clouds?

I mean, if they were wearing uniforms, it would be fine.

They weren't wearing uniforms. And I was mistaken, they didn't break down the door, they snuck in.

"Gee, there's a guy in black sitting in front of me with a gun who's just snuck into my room. It must be the police serving a no-knock warrant!"

Hello Larry. How are you?

Again, if armed men bust down my door and are aiming guns at me, or weilding guns in my house, I shoot them.

No Knock warrants are at the police's risk. People tend to go into survival mode when they feel they might be about to die, and it shouldn't be all that surprising that some people shoot other people who break into their homes.

This guy didn't have anything but a little bit of pot, yet you seem to think that justifies an armed mob coming into his house and that he should just sit there like a frog in a flashlight while his home is invaded in a surprise attack.

As usual, you're living in fantasyland.

Gee thanks, Once again, how many robberies are done by battering ram. I own plenty guns, and wouldn't recommend anyone knocking down my door either, however, I think I'd know it was the police when they identified themselves and starting ramming the door. Also don't presume to know my positions on anything, if this was only over pot, I think a no knock warrant is excessive to the nth degree, but where still only debating the matter of guilt of a Cop Killer, so far.

Back