Neighbors Rally Around a Cop Killer

If people come into my house, breaking down the door and weilding guns, I shoot them.

Maybe you wet your pants and hide under the bed, but I shoot them.

It was a no knock warrant.

Ryan Frederick of Chesapeake, VA is awaiting trial for the shooting death of Detective Jarrod Shivers. At 8:40 January 17, 2008, Chesapeake Police were executing a no-knock raid on Frederick's home. Acting on a tip from an informant, police suspected Frederick to be in possession of Marijuana plants. While attempting to gain entry to the residence, Det Shivers was shot once, fatally. Frederick claims he fired in self-defense, saying that he had been the victim of a break-in three days prior. It has been speculated that the police informant broke into Fredericks home and mistook sapling Japanese Maple trees for Marijuana plants. In addition to first-degree murder, he has been charged with misdemeanor possession of Marijuana, relating to joints found in his home. No marijuana plants were found.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_knock_warrant

This guy's blood is on the hands of the drug warlords, not Fredericks.

I agree. Based on the info above, he is getting a raw deal. Someone comes breaking into my place I am also going to shoot first. I think it is entirely justifiable given that they found no drugs.... especially if the guy had been burlarized a few days prior. Had the guy been in possesion of drugs, maybe it is a different story as he could be expected to believe that in breaking the law it could be the cops, but even that would be stretching it.

What I do not understand is why they would even be using a no-knock warrant in this situation.

Bottom line, a good man died because of the idiotic drug laws in this country. Another man may be sent to prison for life and also have to live with the fact that he took the cops life... for what? MJ plants?

They were soldiers on opposite sides of a War declared by the US government.

Of course, only the officer will be recognized as a participant in the War. The government executes or incarcerates cop-killers for life, whether it was self-defense or not. We aren't even this hard on the Taliban...

Yep, cop killing is pretty much a strict liability offense.

Back