Never again will I vote for a Democrat or Republican

Damo and Ornot, I have been reading your posts and it is not just the ghettos that are hard to escape it is all over. In the hills of eastern KY one who strives to learn and do better is often labeled by their own parents as being too good for their own raising or somesuch. I view this as petty insecurity and or jealousy on their parents and peers parts. Sad , so sad for a parent to not want his child to do as good as they can in the world, but it is a fact.

for me that would be acceptable, unlike Grind I do have some compassion for the innocent though. But none for the heroin junkie or the gambling addict or alkie.

Thats taking it to an extreme end. Are you suggesting that any behavior that can be detrimental to family members be curtailed? Drinking, drugs, gambling, skydiving, serving in the military? And what of those who don't have a family or familial obligations. Dave has no family yet he is prevented from gambling because he might harm his family? What family?

We cannot base law upon making sure children have good Daddies. It is the parents responsibility to be a good parent. Parents are to raise children not the government.

This is especially troubling: "It is the parents responsibility to be a good parent. Parents are to raise children not the government." And what of those parents who don't or won't accept this responsibility? What of parents who are just not emotionally capable of accepting or shouldering the responsibility of raising children? Do you actually believe that all parents love their children? How far are you willing to go in your abandonment of children to their parents?

Damo and Ornot, I have been reading your posts and it is not just the ghettos that are hard to escape it is all over. In the hills of eastern KY one who strives to learn and do better is often labeled by their own parents as being too good for their own raising or somesuch. I view this as petty insecurity and or jealousy on their parents and peers parts. Sad , so sad for a parent to not want his child to do as good as they can in the world, but it is a fact.
Oh, yeah. That is a cultural phenomena as well. That is one I saw on my uncle's ranch. They called them, "Too big for his britches"...

Back