New member, liberal

Rune

Mjölner
Hello folks, first post. I am a self employed blacksmith and native Cape Codder. It is a pleasure to have found this place. Thankyou.

Welcome, Dune
I posted a thread from here to fark.com yesterday. Are you a farker? Just wondering.
I was hoping we'd get some new people

Hello. Welcome to the site! How did you find our little corner of the cyberverse?

Hi, thanks for the welcome. I googled I.Q. of BushII in response to a comment on another forum. The most interesting (degarding to Bush) hit was on this forum. Pure serendipity as it were.

Hello folks, first post. I am a self employed blacksmith and native Cape Codder. It is a pleasure to have found this place. Thankyou.

Welcome from a JFK liberal...

We have all made mistakes. But Dante tells us that divine justice weighs the sins of the cold-blooded and the sins of the warm-hearted on different scales. Better the occasional faults of a party living in the spirit of charity than the consistent omissions of a party frozen in the ice of its own indifference.
President John F. Kennedy

Hmm, no edit feature, I guess I will have to check my spelling BEFORE posting.

FYI...Mozilla Firefox has a built in spell check and it is much faster than Microsoft IE. I switched more than a year ago after IE had some security issues that they didn't have a fix for, but were working on them. I read up on different options and Firefox was rated very high...

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

True friends stab you in the front.
Oscar Wilde

The most interesting (degarding to Bush) hit was on this forum.

/chortle.....welcome Dune....we do ask that all new liberal members stop by the Palin/Beck calibration thread and record data regarding thickness of skull and precise location of major arteries, thanks........

We have all made mistakes. But Dante tells us that divine justice weighs the sins of the cold-blooded and the sins of the warm-hearted on different scales. Better the occasional faults of a party living in the spirit of charity than the consistent omissions of a party frozen in the ice of its own indifference.
President John F. Kennedy

Thanks, I guess I am a Ted Kennedy lib, since I was born after JFK died.

JFK liberal, eh?

JFK was a fiscal conservative, tax reformer, and opponent of the Federal Reserve system.

"It is a paradoxical truth that tax rates are too high and tax revenues are too low and the soundest way to raise the revenues in the long run is to cut the rates now ... Cutting taxes now is not to incur a budget deficit, but to achieve the more prosperous, expanding economy which can bring a budget surplus."

"Lower rates of taxation will stimulate economic activity and so raise the levels of personal and corporate income as to yield within a few years an increased – not a reduced – flow of revenues to the federal government."

"In today's economy, fiscal prudence and responsibility call for tax reduction even if it temporarily enlarges the federal deficit – why reducing taxes is the best way open to us to increase revenues."

Sounds remarkably like what you choose to call "voodoo economics."

JFK liberal, eh?

JFK was a fiscal conservative, tax reformer, and opponent of the Federal Reserve system.

Sounds like a modern day democrat. The modern republicans certainly are not fiscaly conservative, and clearly only support the Fed as a means of maintaining oligarchy. As to the tax bullshit, what was applicable when the highest tax rate was 90% is hardly applicable at 15%.

does your smithy create your own art or functional pieces for the locals?

My specialty is handrails, gates and fences, though I do all manner of industrial fabrication/repair as well as commisioned art. My url is available on here somewhere.

My specialty is handrails, gates and fences, though I do all manner of industrial fabrication/repair as well as commisioned art. My url is available on here somewhere.

thats cool, i have friend that does hobby blacksmith work...its talented work and unfortunately a dying art and profession...will never die out completely, but, comparitively....my hope is that the art kicks the profession back in gear

where is your url?

I asumed it was in my member profile, I was asked to provide it upon registering. The forum rules prohibit self promotion if I understand correctly, if you are truly interested I could p.m. you.

I asumed it was in my member profile, I was asked to provide it upon registering. The forum rules prohibit self promotion if I understand correctly, if you are truly interested I could p.m. you.
Nah, it just requests permission. If you want to put it in a sig or something I'm good with that.

Back