New Rule Forbidding Banning

Can you do that after the thread is a few pages long? I mean, I'm willing to allow everyone to participate until it's obvious they have destroyed a perfectly good discussion.
Remember the WSE activists who fomented violence at BLM protests? The people you are referencing are virtual versions of those WSE activists.

They seek to disrupt any conversation that is not their liking. The same White Supremacists then thread ban anyone might do the same back to them. This is proof of their cowardice and maliciousness.

As long as you have posters declaring the sky is green we aren't going to have adults here.

Disagreed. The adults are here, but it's like being an adult on an airliner with a few babies screaming. Self-discipline and earplugs help. :thup:

5mw1l9.jpg

Yeah, you would think so! But I've seen some of moon and Earl threads get some higher than expected post counts. There are a lot of like-minded Nazi trolls out there, I guess!

Maybe I'm lucky they ban me, I'm really not interested in a discussion about how much Trump defeated Biden by in the last election, or how green the sky is.

I guess, at least sometimes. Made the suggestion in the interest of improving this place as a debate forum which it falls short of. What's coming back is why bother.
the go to Debate Politics. all kinds of rules. and it's a crazed pit of Progressives -you should fit right in

Once a thread turns to shit with idiots arguing over whether or not the sky is blue or green "fuck you" is about the only intelligent response.

well that may well be true but for BP it comes out immediately. he's young and gets upset that what he sees as brilliant posts are shown to be just not so. Its pretty common in kids.

Hello Martin,

That we permit threads with wholesale bans on participation is asinine. One member does it repeatedly. Today the member launched five new threads each banning dozens of members who typically express political views at odds with his own.

Put an end to this.

I agree.

Tried it, found it useless. A banned poster then has only to copy paste the original thread title and body into a new thread, make any change desired and post a copy cat thread with nearly the same title. They can decide whatever ban list they want, and of course, get themselves back into the 'banned' conversation. Then bump it constantly and presto, they took over somebody else's thread.

There is a rule against doing this but it is not enforced.

That makes the thread banning feature useless.

And really, all one has to do is simply place rude posters on ignore.

People either genuinely want to talk about politics; or they want to dump their political frustrations on a target. It makes no sense to sign up for being somebody's enabler for online abuse. One has to take steps to avoid that. Prudent use of the ignore feature is how.

Discussing politics is one thing. Being somebody's target for abuse is another.

So if you are discussing the reasons for our war with Japan and how we defeated them and some asshole comes on professing that we didn't win and that Japan kicked our ass and they won't shut up with their bullshit there should be no way to remove them and the discussion goes to shit?

You and everyone else has the power to scroll past the pollution.

That applies to you too!

And I have said many times that I dont believe in the ignore function or thread bans but I routinely dont read posts from the polluters. I for instance read maybe half of my quote notices. I just the other day warned Into The Night that I am going to stop reading his posts if he does not start supplying value.

And I have said many times that I dont believe in the ignore function or thread bans but I routinely dont read posts from the polluters. I for instance read maybe half of my quote notices. I just the other day warned Into The Night that I am going to stop reading his posts if he does not start supplying value.

But yet you constantly post on the TDS chickenshit thread,that attacks the people they ban because they are scared to debate them.

That jackass has never said anything of value, you should have read by them a long time ago.

That we permit threads with wholesale bans on participation is asinine. One member does it repeatedly. Today the member launched five new threads each banning dozens of members who typically express political views at odds with his own.

Put an end to this.

So I take it you are STRONGLY against the left wing practice of getting Conservative speakers off of college campuses so they cant speak. You must also hate the other LW practice of beating on drums, blowing loud horns and screaming to drown out conservative speakers. SURELY you must,....right?

So I take it you are STRONGLY against the left wing practice of getting Conservative speakers off of college campuses so they cant speak. You must also hate the other LW practice of beating on drums, blowing loud horns and screaming to drown out conservative speakers. SURELY you must,....right?

Correct.

Back